"Clean Eating" ??

Options
There is no such thing as clean eating!! Calorie is a calorie. Your body cannot tell a difference between a donut and a banana.

Replies

• FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm not a clean eater, but my body can definitely tell the difference between a banana and a donut (mostly in how hard it hits my stomach!). Calories aren't the be all and end all. I eat both bananas and donuts, but I don't eat donuts very often.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You really should have used the search function to find the previous 2.75 million threads about clean eating that have all devolved into name calling, rage quits, cat gifs, and eventually had to be closed by the moderators.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    okay
  • jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    Options
    As far as someone trying to lose weight, they use the phrase "clean eating" or "healthy foods" is absurd. Life is all about choices. As long as it fits your macros. Enjoy life while making the right choices.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jtabiolo wrote: »
    As far as someone trying to lose weight, they use the phrase "clean eating" or "healthy foods" is absurd. Life is all about choices. As long as it fits your macros. Enjoy life while making the right choices.

While you are correct, this topic comes up quite a lot and is pretty well established on here.

Most of the successful people on here will agree with you, but there are many that will link Mercola articles to try and prove you wrong and accuse you of eating nothing but twinkies all day long.

Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    I do agree with you 90%, but don't forget about micro nutrients.

This!
  • jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    Options
    Lol Alyssa. Thank you. Pu_239. Well yea of course.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is no such thing as clean eating!! Calorie is a calorie. Your body cannot tell a difference between a donut and a banana.

I don't know, I've heard some stories about where people put bananas. ;)

• compgeek812
    compgeek812 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You really should have used the search function to find the previous 2.75 million threads about clean eating that have all devolved into name calling, rage quits, cat gifs, and eventually had to be closed by the moderators.
    In for cat gifs

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    In for cat gifs

tumblr_mlfos75BqJ1rlemoyo1_400.gif
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hello.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    02f3453a60a1505e1a25e808b0de6f87.jpg
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Calories are not equal and your body can tell the difference between a doughnut and a banana. There is a huge difference between eating 500 calories of fries and a 500 calorie "clean" meal. The fries are full of fats and carbs and little actual nutrient that will leave your body hungry, causing you to eat more. As where the "clean" meal has more nutrients that will actually feed your body, helping to it function better. A lot of people who are obese are actually found to have malnutrition because they eat empty calories and are constantly hungry because their body's aren't being fed properly. I'm not saying never ever eat a doughnut, or fries or what have you, but to say that it's the same as a banana is wrong.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between eating 500 calories of fries and a 500 calorie "clean" meal.

Will you share the definition of "clean" you are working from? Each advocate for declaring some foods "clean" and the rest "dirty" seems to be using a different definition.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you scrub down food with windex you'll get clean food.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

True, but my brain tells me not to stop at one donut, but I can easily stop at one banana. And the banana is also more nutritious than a donut and doesn't make me fall asleep an hour later.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    DIkQDDM.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    and here we go …world war III has been unleashed on a saturday morning..

and yesI agree 100 calories donut = 100 calories banana