"Clean Eating" ??

Options

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Calories are not equal and your body can tell the difference between a doughnut and a banana. There is a huge difference between eating 500 calories of fries and a 500 calorie "clean" meal. The fries are full of fats and carbs and little actual nutrient that will leave your body hungry, causing you to eat more. As where the "clean" meal has more nutrients that will actually feed your body, helping to it function better. A lot of people who are obese are actually found to have malnutrition because they eat empty calories and are constantly hungry because their body's aren't being fed properly. I'm not saying never ever eat a doughnut, or fries or what have you, but to say that it's the same as a banana is wrong.
    Agreed. I don't think anyone's saying that it's bad to eat a doughnut. But I don't know how it can be said that the body can't tell the difference between the two when the banana supplies the body with a lot more nutrients.
    Because of digestion. All food pretty much gets reduced to it's nutritional elements and individual foods aren't a recognizable element of that process. If for example a person had not supplied their body with the proper nutritional requirements for a day or two, then ate fries or a donut or both, those nutritional elements within those foods would be digested and metabolized adding to any nutrition already delivered which could and would help meet an individuals nutritional needs. In the context of a days worth of food, calorie dense foods have less of an ability to deliver those nutritional needs, but that has nothing to do with the actual nutrition value differences in food, whether deemed good or bad, it's all about context and dosage.....it really can't be that hard to understand, could it?
    Yes I do understand that.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Calories are not equal and your body can tell the difference between a doughnut and a banana. There is a huge difference between eating 500 calories of fries and a 500 calorie "clean" meal. The fries are full of fats and carbs and little actual nutrient that will leave your body hungry, causing you to eat more. As where the "clean" meal has more nutrients that will actually feed your body, helping to it function better. A lot of people who are obese are actually found to have malnutrition because they eat empty calories and are constantly hungry because their body's aren't being fed properly. I'm not saying never ever eat a doughnut, or fries or what have you, but to say that it's the same as a banana is wrong.
    Agreed. I don't think anyone's saying that it's bad to eat a doughnut. But I don't know how it can be said that the body can't tell the difference between the two when the banana supplies the body with a lot more nutrients.
    Because of digestion. All food pretty much gets reduced to it's nutritional elements and individual foods aren't a recognizable element of that process. If for example a person had not supplied their body with the proper nutritional requirements for a day or two, then ate fries or a donut or both, those nutritional elements within those foods would be digested and metabolized adding to any nutrition already delivered which could and would help meet an individuals nutritional needs. In the context of a days worth of food, calorie dense foods have less of an ability to deliver those nutritional needs, but that has nothing to do with the actual nutrition value differences in food, whether deemed good or bad, it's all about context and dosage.....it really can't be that hard to understand, could it?
    No. You don't.
    Well if we focus on strictly calories, I have no problems whatsoever understanding the scientific concept that a calorie is a calorie. It's just like any other unit of measure. I'm pretty sure I learned this concept in school a long time ago.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Not a cat...best I can do

3508915+_bbd9b5a49e0b5b799a69428ead006733.jpg
    You can find Team Rocket, but not Meowth? I am disappoint.
    Meowth_tears.gif
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No. You don't.

Clean foods cause a rainbow explosion of health and happiness inside your body, causing you to poop glitter and gardens, while chemikillz from junk cause your body to do science, which makes it tired and your liver falls out of your butt when you go to bathroom?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    No. You don't.
    Well if we focus on strictly calories, I have no problems whatsoever understanding the scientific concept that a calorie is a calorie. It's just like any other unit of measure. I'm pretty sure I learned this concept in school a long time ago.
    I guess it's when we talk about food and calories together is where people have a problem. Even after you saying you do understand this post pretty much confirms you don't at all.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    No. You don't.

Clean foods cause a rainbow explosion of health and happiness inside your body, causing you to poop glitter and gardens, while chemikillz from junk cause your body to do science, which makes it tired and your liver falls out of your butt when you go to bathroom?
    Kinda poetic really.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Food: It's all just pre-poop.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just do this yesterday with the "bad food" thread?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Didn't we just do this yesterday with the "bad food" thread?

pretty sure we did this about three times yesterday...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Meowth_tears.gif

** Technically not a cat

My Pokemon crazed daughter would kill me if I called Meowth a cat
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    No. You don't.

kinda like this…

Pooping-Rainbows-random-25866864-1600-1200.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ** Technically not a cat

screen.png
    You can call Meowth a scratch cat if you want to irritate her. :wink:

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Meowth_tears.gif

** Technically not a cat

Sorry. I thought Meowth was feline Pokemon and that feline was used as it is in the world outside of Pokemon. My brain Pokedex is limited to the cartoon series and 3 movies. Also apologies for not having the accent on the e. My English keyboard can't handle such Frenchness.

• jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What difference does it make what adjectives other people use to make there eating habits sound special?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »
    What difference does it make what adjectives other people use to make there eating habits sound special?

Because everyone eats and it's not special?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    When I get back from the veggie market (don't worry, I will only buy stuff with mud attached to maintain my status as a dirty eater) I expect this thread to be at least 7 pages long, and 50% cat gifs.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Meowth_tears.gif

** Technically not a cat

Sorry. I thought Meowth was feline Pokemon and that feline was used as it is in the world outside of Pokemon. My brain Pokedex is limited to the cartoon series and 3 movies. Also apologies for not having the accent on the e. My English keyboard can't handle such Frenchness.

Well admittedly I'm not exactly up to snuff on Pokemon rules...maybe it IS a cat. I thought Pokemon were supposedly an entirely different 'species' all together. I'll ask her when I get home tonight.

/thread hijack