Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1357959/lets-discuss-it-all-welcome-home#Item_631

Make sure to join us in the group... we can raid MrM's Gelato stash

Try it.....my guard dog will eat your ankles.

Lately I've been eating Giffords Ice cream topped with Coolhause Caramel or Talenti Caramel. Fattie mode engaged!

Oh I can handle the guard dog I come with fresh peanut butter dog treats... now I need to raid cause I'm deprived down here
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    stackhsc wrote: »
    every night for the most part, its a huge part of my "diet" and ive lost 130 plus pounds. its all about moderation and rewarding yourself when you have been good lol
    Indeed true
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    So happy to see that we have found some new members, especially in light of all the depressing threads this week about food sabotage and eating trash...

Welcome to the newcomers - run right out and find your favorite flavor of gelato/ice cream and report back to us. Some popular choices include: Talenti, Jeni's, Graeter's, Turkey Hill.

Oh and did I mention to the group that we are getting a Jeni's here in STL? Which is ironic that we don't have one yet since a good friend of mine is married to Jeni's cousin. :smiley:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I'm thinking of ordering some Jeni's for the holidays and to get me through December when I will be living on ice cream. I love that they deliver

MrM is pretty awesome too.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Its funny... I'd never heard of Talenti gelato until I started losing weight with MFP. I used the store locator because I live in the boonies, and found they sell it at a gas station quick shop 15 miles from me so I tried it. Then I found out Walmart has it, but that is 55 miles away. I have lots of empty jars now. The jars are handy too!

Sea Salt Caramel is still my favorite. I've tried the others that I can lay my hands on but so far none are as good. Same with other brands, so far.

On a sad note, my daughter likes to go to the frozen yogurt place (can't remember what its called right now but not Tutti Frutti, the other one) in the same town as Walmart. Oh wait, its Cherry Berry. Pretty much sucks IMO but I have decided I can stomach their sea salt caramel if I mix it with whipped cream at the area where you add stuff that makes it weigh more so it costs more.

There are some really *kitten* gelatos out there, like Breyers, btw. Don't get sucked in to their lovely pictures on the cartons. Awful stuff.

55835802.png
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    lh3828 wrote: »
    My favorite brand is Talenti gelato. Their pistacio and their vanilla bean gelato is so amazing. I tried their limited edition pumpkin pie gelato and it was really good *drool*

Pumpkin pie Talenti? MUST FIND!

Bump for others to join the group. I had to hunt, and hunt, and hunt. And be very patient. But eventually I found the two seasonal flavors (there's a third - Peppermint Bark; I passed initially). Going to try Egg Nog tomorrow or over the weekend; have already enjoyed some Pumpkin Pie. The group highlights all sorts of interesting treats!

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    My favorite brand is Talenti gelato. Their pistacio and their vanilla bean gelato is so amazing. I tried their limited edition pumpkin pie gelato and it was really good *drool*

Bump for others to join the group. I had to hunt, and hunt, and hunt. And be very patient. But eventually I found the two seasonal flavors (there's a third - Peppermint Bark; I passed initially). Going to try Egg Nog tomorrow or over the weekend; have already enjoyed some Pumpkin Pie. The group highlights all sorts of interesting treats!

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

I just finished the peppermint bark today (at work). It's so good, I was only eating it a spoonful at a time to make it last longer. I have the pumpkin pie at home. I passed on the egg nog, but I might go back and get it, since I've heard it's really good, too.
  • KylaDenay
    Options

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

I just finished the peppermint bark today (at work). It's so good, I was only eating it a spoonful at a time to make it last longer. I have the pumpkin pie at home. I passed on the egg nog, but I might go back and get it, since I've heard it's really good, too.
    Omg peppermint bark?! I want that one! Oh I can't wait to try it now.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

I am a peppermint fan, so I will try it soon! Egg Nog fans in my house, so I had to get that instead. I know MrM isn't a fan, but, man, I am waiting on a Talenti Cinnamon gelato.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Well, Meijer does not carry the holiday Talenti flavors ;___; Not disappointed about Egg Nog, though, ew.

However, I did buy some Graeter's (local brand) Pumpkin ice cream and I'll have it either tonight or tomorrow. I think I had some last year and it was delicious.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

I am a peppermint fan, so I will try it soon! Egg Nog fans in my house, so I had to get that instead. I know MrM isn't a fan, but, man, I am waiting on a Talenti Cinnamon gelato.

I am a huge sucker for cinnamon ice cream - I would be all over that if Talenti came out with that one. Even though MrM might disown us... I am intrigued by the peppermint one too - some are just too.... wait for it..... pepperminty. Now what I have enjoyed is making an ice cream cake with oreo cookie base and peppermint ice cream. Maybe I will try that with the Talenti.

Not even considering the Egg Nog. Blech.

• KylaDenay
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

I am a huge sucker for cinnamon ice cream - I would be all over that if Talenti came out with that one. Even though MrM might disown us... I am intrigued by the peppermint one too - some are just too.... wait for it..... pepperminty. Now what I have enjoyed is making an ice cream cake with oreo cookie base and peppermint ice cream. Maybe I will try that with the Talenti.

I am on my way to the store now to get my first Talenti ice cream. I think I am also going to look for that butter brickle ice cream too!
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »

baqrfocwnrw8.jpg

I am on my way to the store now to get my first Talenti ice cream. I think I am also going to look for that butter brickle ice cream too!

Your first Talenti? Oh girl... just wait. Report back to us...

PS - definitely get the Salted Caramel and at least one other flavor. You won't regret it.

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Still have yet to find Pumpkin Pie Talenti or the Cheesecake one... zzzz...zzz
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Still have yet to find Pumpkin Pie Talenti or the Cheesecake one... zzzz...zzz

Wait, there's a cheesecake one? Same here on Pumpkin Pie...

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Well, Meijer does not carry the holiday Talenti flavors ;___; Not disappointed about Egg Nog, though, ew.

However, I did buy some Graeter's (local brand) Pumpkin ice cream and I'll have it either tonight or tomorrow. I think I had some last year and it was delicious.

Greaters is a really really awesome ice cream and Gelato. Yum.

All this cinnamon talk is going to make me rage!!!

Graeter's Strawberry Chocolate Chip is in my top 3 all-time flavors. Too bad I can rarely find it.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Do I need to send the pumpkin to both of you???

Cheesecake? I haven't heard about this one I don't think