Can I petition MFP users to use the terms "more ideal" and "less ideal" instead of good/bad foods?

Options

Replies

• LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Tincanonastring, you wrote "We're too busy with work to explore the connection between paleo and gluten when pressed on the subject, but not too busy to flag silly gifs. Got it."

Yes it is a sad fact of life, some of us have to go to work and I was not about to call in sick in order to reply.

As for you getting flagged, it was not me, I was already out the door and on my way to work. If I have something to say, make no mistake, I say it.

As for Nony and Mamapeach, you have some bizarre hang up over my eating habits and I am afraid you are going to have to deal with it on your own as I am not about to waste my time explaining anything to you. Where do you get some of these notions that "I have it stuck inside my head that only paleo people use fresh ingredients and home cook." That is not what I think at all.

Nony, how on earth do I do a report on my own diary when I don't log. There is nothing in my diary, it is completely blank. I have repeatedly told people I don't log, you must have missed that bit in your obsessive assessment of my life and eating habits. The thread has gone so I will not be discussing it further, suffice to say I didn't do the report and it was not done on MFP.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    Tincanonastring, you wrote "We're too busy with work to explore the connection between paleo and gluten when pressed on the subject, but not too busy to flag silly gifs. Got it."

Yes it is a sad fact of life, some of us have to go to work and I was not about to call in sick in order to reply.

As for you getting flagged, it was not me, I was already out the door and on my way to work. If I have something to say, make no mistake, I say it.

As for Nony and Mamapeach, you have some bizarre hang up over my eating habits and I am afraid you are going to have to deal with it on your own as I am not about to waste my time explaining anything to you. Where do you get some of these notions that "I have it stuck inside my head that only paleo people use fresh ingredients and home cook." That is not what I think at all.

Nony, how on earth do I do a report on my own diary when I don't log. There is nothing in my diary, it is completely blank. I have repeatedly told people I don't log, you must have missed that bit in your obsessive assessment of my life and eating habits. The thread has gone so I will not be discussing it further, suffice to say I didn't do the report and it was not done on MFP.

I actually pay very little attention to you, generally skip over your posts because, well...(and that would be why I had no idea you don't log), but you deliberately went after MamaPeach the other week, said you had printed out and analysed her diary, were highly critical of her food choices, and said you had run a 90 day report on her diary and found it lacking in several vitamins and minerals. I am still completely puzzled as to how you run reports on other people's diaries, and surmised that it was actually your own, which you'd done by clicking on 'reports' while looking at MamaPeach's diary. Or are you now denying you did any of that? Seriously, you are the one with a bizarre fixation on other people's eating habits lady (see above re printing out someone else's diary!). And saying you won't discuss it further is a cop out.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Since it was just a coincidence, why don't we put the whole thing behind us and you just go ahead and tell us the connection between paleo and gluten free.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Leena, you have no clue how I feel about how you eat, because I don't give a flying fig about how other people eat.

YOU on the other hand, miss diary printer???? Who goes around assuming that no one else ever eats fresh food????

The irony of your statements burns so much.

By the way, you can't run a report on someone else's micronutrients. There's no way you could have seen my consumption of potassium and iron.

But all that aside, what the heck does going gluten free have to do with paleo?

• LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would check in, and here you both are. What a surprise!!

I have my family around at the moment, laughing, drinking and having fun and I suggest very strongly that you do the same. Get a life and leave me alone.
    Since it was just a coincidence, why don't we put the whole thing behind us and you just go ahead and tell us the connection between paleo and gluten free.

Thanks for that, I can honestly say I didn't flag you but no discussion tonight please!! Maybe some other time when I am not so annoyed. :)

Nite, nite.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Just thought I would check in, and here you both are. What a surprise!!

I have my family around at the moment, laughing, drinking and having fun and I suggest very strongly that you do the same. Get a life and leave me alone.

Thanks for that, I can honestly say I didn't flag you but no discussion tonight please!! Maybe some other time when I am not so annoyed. :)

Nite, nite.

dr-evil-right.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    She'll never answer the gluten question. Oh well, one of life's eternal mysteries.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Leena - I am still waiting for an explanation as to how processed foods are "fake"….????

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Leena - I am still waiting for an explanation as to how processed foods are "fake"….????

And what's horrible about an apple pie that has maybe 1-2 ingredients you wouldn't put in a homemade one.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    She'll never answer the gluten question. Oh well, one of life's eternal mysteries.

I just wanted to use the same gif because she had the same reaction when asked again.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    So what I've learned is this: Point car South, drive to Dogfish Head, invite MFPers, consume beer. Got it.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    So what I've learned is this: Point car South, drive to Dogfish Head, invite MFPers, consume beer. Got it.

I'm in southern NJ and the brewery is about an hour from my front door, so if you're passing this way, scoop a brother up!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

...and cupcakes
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

...and cupcakes

That would be most ideal.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Not being able to have decent beer is one of the crueler aspects of having celiac disease.

I'm in South Jersey too. Send me pictures.
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not being able to have decent beer is one of the crueler aspects of having celiac disease.

I'm in South Jersey too. Send me pictures.

Suffer no longer! Come with us to the brewery...Dogfish Head makes a gluten free beer that replaces barley with a sorghum base. It's on the list in the 2nd link. They ship to NJ...

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/seasonal-brews/tweasonale.htm

http://www.bonappetit.com/drinks/beer/slideshow/10-gluten-free-beers-that-actually-taste-good

Where are you in the dirty Jerz?
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Probably further north than you. I'm in Mount Laurel. I trust Bon Appetit, and .... flavored with strawberries?????

ROAD TRIP!!!!!
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Probably further north than you. I'm in Mount Laurel. I trust Bon Appetit, and .... flavored with strawberries?????

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Only by a couple miles! I'm in Bellmawr. My wife's new job is in Mt. Laurel/Moorestown (she's right there on the edge off of Fellowship) and her old one was in Bishop's Gate. If you're at home right now, you're actually closer to my entire family than I am at the moment!

Yeah, that list looked really good. I might have to try those and I eat ALL the gluten!
  • PeachyCarol
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No way. I live a stone's throw from Bishop's Gate. I work out in the LA fitness across the street from it.