Can I petition MFP users to use the terms "more ideal" and "less ideal" instead of good/bad foods?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    still waiting for the answer as to why processed food is fake….????
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    People really shouldn't fight about apple pie. Apple pie is for happiness and love and the USA.

Are you saying that in the USA they make a better apple pie than in Australia?

Not, but I do think they're saying Australian Apple pie is less ideal.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Sounds like someone needs a better bakery.

OMG finding a good bakery is easy. We have some awesome bakeries here and the smell is enough to drive you nuts. But sadly, all use wheat and are not gluten free and I suffer badly if I eat it. Hence, the reason I follow a Paleo style diet. It suits me. :)

No gluten = Paleo?

12215635.jpg

http://paleoleap.com/11-ways-gluten-and-wheat-can-damage-your-health/
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

OMG finding a good bakery is easy. We have some awesome bakeries here and the smell is enough to drive you nuts. But sadly, all use wheat and are not gluten free and I suffer badly if I eat it. Hence, the reason I follow a Paleo style diet. It suits me. :)

No gluten = Paleo?

12215635.jpg

I have celiac disease, Leena. I don't even want to click the link, given the title.

You missed my point.

Why does eliminating gluten mean you then HAVE to eat Paleo? That's a logic fail.

I don't eat gluten. I don't eat paleo.

A minor nit pick, but I'm feeling feisty.

• tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    People really shouldn't fight about apple pie. Apple pie is for happiness and love and the USA.

Ahhh.

Oh yeah, thanks for accepting the friend request buddy!!

Where did your request go? I saw the notification on my phone, but when I checked my inbox, I didn't see anything! I thought you withdrew it over something I said!
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    Mamapeach, buy a good Paleo recipe book and you will understand. The food is awesome, fresh, vital and energising. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Tonight we are having roast lamb, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, parsnips, brussel sprouts with bacon & garlic with fresh herbs from the garden. All Paleo, all yummy. If you took the time to look, you would see Paleo is just wonderful home cooking at its best.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Ahhh.

Where did your request go? I saw the notification on my phone, but when I checked my inbox, I didn't see anything! I thought you withdrew it over something I said!

it was the peep cleanse….
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I'M SORRY! I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING THROUGH THOSE BARS! CAN YOU SPEAK UP?! I'LL TRY TO BAKE YOU A PIE WITH A FILE IN IT! DON'T CHIP YOUR TEETH!
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Mamapeach, buy a good Paleo recipe book and you will understand. The food is awesome, fresh, vital and energising. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Tonight we are having roast lamb, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, parsnips, brussel sprouts with bacon & garlic with fresh herbs from the garden. All Paleo, all yummy. If you took the time to look, you would see Paleo is just wonderful home cooking at its best.

While that sounds awful yummy, I fail to see how that answers her question in any meaningful way.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I am sorry, but that is not Paleo ….

I dont recall our paleolithic ancestors roasting lamb, and having bacon. …

unless I missed that in the historical reviews somewhere???
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

No gluten = Paleo?

12215635.jpg

I have celiac disease, Leena. I don't even want to click the link, given the title.

You missed my point.

Why does eliminating gluten mean you then HAVE to eat Paleo? That's a logic fail.

I don't eat gluten. I don't eat paleo.

A minor nit pick, but I'm feeling feisty.

Yeah, don't. It's so ridic I can't even be bothered countering it. But, most of those 'bad' things in grains (which are actually the plant's natural defense against being eaten) we learnt to deal with millennia ago through various processing techniques. Cos we're clever like that (necessity being the mother of invention and all).

Interesting factoid though: undomesticated wheat actually has less gluten than domesticated varieties. So can paleo diet followers eat that? Y'know, like actual Paleolithic people did?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Ahhh.

No I wouldn't withdrawal a request even if you could. I very rarely send out requests and I also deny most. So it takes me a while to feel like I want to send someone a request. #bromance.

I thought you rejected it because I said I would send NDJ to shave your beard if you didn't accept.

Get a room you two...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

I think you'd be paroled prior to getting the answer.

• LeenaGee
    Options
    I'm time poor at the moment as I have to get to work. Hooroo
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

While that sounds awful yummy, I fail to see how that answers her question in any meaningful way.

I fail to see how most of that stuff existed in the Paleolithic.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Ahhh.

No I wouldn't withdrawal a request even if you could. I very rarely send out requests and I also deny most. So it takes me a while to feel like I want to send someone a request. #bromance.

I thought you rejected it because I said I would send NDJ to shave your beard if you didn't accept.

Too funny. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that I fatfingered the deny button by accident. I make a lot of FB posts via fatfinger. So sorry, man. I actually send messages when I deny a friend request. I want people to know I don't like them.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Could mama peach google search recipes. Or, can you keep posting your meals? Other than lamb I probably ate those items this week. And I'd sub awesome, fresh, vital and energizing with IDK. . . . um. . .fuel. Yes I like fuel as a descriptor.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

I am sorry, but that is not Paleo ….

I dont recall our paleolithic ancestors roasting lamb, and having bacon. …

unless I missed that in the historical reviews somewhere???

<3