• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I hate when my Cat sits in my squat rack... Jerkface is uber judgy
  • JoeKewl264
    JoeKewl264 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    Fair enough. I'm not judging just saying it makes me cringe, like fingernails on a chalk board.
    Fingernails on a chalkboard, I hate people when people hold on to a machine or weight bench and stand/sit there talking on their cell phones.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Isn't this thread about gym stuff? You know, the things people notice other people doing when they aren't working out hard enough even though it's impossible not to notice regardless...and then we tell new people not to worry about going to the gym because everyone is too focused on their own workout to notice anything around them? Or where making eye contact/not making eye contact or talking/not talking or smiling/not smiling is an offensive enough affront to lead people to make a new thread about the experience?

I'm in the wrong thread, aren't I.

Yeah, I am.
  • JoeKewl264
    JoeKewl264 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can we just all get along.....?
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves... Long list coming at you.

Watching people not squat to parallel.

A group of people dead lifting with terrible form (I've seen 3 people all lift with backs like a camel)

People who put on a belt to lift just the bar.

The inevitable group of guys that gather around one incline bench hogging about half a dozen pairs of dumbbells (my gym only has like 2 sets of 20# and 30# for some reason).

People to proud to ask someone to spot them when they clearly need a spotter.

People who try power lifting with metal plates instead of rubber.

Hexagonal plates.

The lack of girls who lift.

Dudebros drinking energy drinks while lifting.

***holes who try taking your bench when you set your stuff down on it, and walk away to get a paper towel to wipe it down.

People who leave their trash lying around (McDonalds cups, really?!)

People lifting with jeans on (how is that comfortable at all?)

The fact that my gym only has 2 squat racks and a power rack.

Personal trainers that hassle you to get a trainer.

And finally:

Curling in the squat rack.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Isn't this thread about gym stuff? You know, the things people notice other people doing when they aren't working out hard enough even though it's impossible not to notice regardless...and then we tell new people not to worry about going to the gym because everyone is too focused on their own workout to notice anything around them? Or where making eye contact/not making eye contact or talking/not talking or smiling/not smiling is an offensive enough affront to lead people to make a new thread about the experience?

I'm in the wrong thread, aren't I.

Yeah, I am.

Agree!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

YOURE MAKING ME HUNGRYYYY
    Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Gross. Who eats crap like that if they are at or going to the gym. Ew.

I do. Because I can.
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

What does it do to our blood? And I've never had a double down

Hight fat food straight to your bloodstream
    Sorry but that is no way a reputable source.

Got any that isn't a blog?

Also, that video doesn't even support your argument. Sorry.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

Sorry, but this is the most idiotic post in this thread. Not even close.

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

http://bmedia.fooducate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buttery-Blood.jpg

Tell me, are you a phlebotomist?

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

thanks for clarifying that.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.

I am just going to put what you said here..

"Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets..."

that is a pretty broad assumption that you made, which is basically that people who eat a high fat, fast food diet are "garbage dieters"...

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    You anti-judgement crowd realize that judging those who judge is passing judgement?
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    You anti-judgement crowd realize that judging those who judge is passing judgement? [/quote]

Well played sir. Check mate.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread brought back an odd memory from when I used to workout at a gym.

Same guy every day on the stationary bike, riding full speed like the devil himself was after him. Hoodie pulled up so you couldn't see his face, bent over and dripping sweat all over the machine and the floor around him. (I would try to pick a bike far away because his sweat would just be flinging all around and get on you, too.) When he was done he'd just get off and walk away leaving his sweaty mess behind . . . . a minute later his girlfriend would run over with a towel and wipe off the machine. Seriously. Now THAT was cringe-worthy.
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

What does it do to our blood? And I've never had a double down

Hight fat food straight to your bloodstream
    Sorry but that is no way a reputable source.

Got any that isn't a blog?

Also, that video doesn't even support your argument. Sorry.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

Sorry, but this is the most idiotic post in this thread. Not even close.

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

http://bmedia.fooducate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buttery-Blood.jpg

Tell me, are you a phlebotomist?

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

thanks for clarifying that.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.

I am just going to put what you said here..

"Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets..."

that is a pretty broad assumption that you made, which is basically that people who eat a high fat, fast food diet are "garbage dieters"...

For those interested in the full text of what I said. "Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad."

It's not an assumption, it's a statistic, look it up and see where a high fat diet through fast food consumption will lead you, even if you only eat there once a week.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You anti-judgement crowd realize that judging those who judge is passing judgement?

Judging the judgers has always been an exception to the no judgment rule.

See recent Planet Fitness v Lunks.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Judgement is human nature.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited March 2015
    Options
    erikgoya wrote: »
    Pet peeves... Long list coming at you.

The lack of girls who lift.

The inevitable group of guys that gather around one incline bench hogging about half a dozen pairs of dumbbells (my gym only has like 2 sets of 20# and 30# for some reason).

Dudebros drinking energy drinks while lifting.
    quote]

Edited your list to show a couple reasons why there's a lack of girls who lift. I belonged to a gym for over a year before I built up the nerve to venture into the free weight area. Dudebros (LOL) abound and can be intimidating by their very existence.

Adding one - people who grunt VERY LOUD just for effect. I realize a grunt here and there is inevitable (and maybe required?) when lifting heavy, but drawing the entire gym's attention to your lift is a bit over the top.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when people don't quote right. ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Judging the judgers has always been an exception to the no judgment rule.

See recent Planet Fitness v Lunks.

is that a supreme court case

signed judge dred
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    My pet peeve is when people don't quote right. ;)

Well, so sorry about that. I tried twice. Perhaps I should just delete it because I'm not an expert at "quoting" .