ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

YOURE MAKING ME HUNGRYYYY
    Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

Gross. Who eats crap like that if they are at or going to the gym. Ew.

I do. Because I can.
    When the gym supervisor for the cardio room brings in their dinner (usually McDonald's)

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

What does it do to our blood? And I've never had a double down

Hight fat food straight to your bloodstream
    Sorry but that is no way a reputable source.

Got any that isn't a blog?

Also, that video doesn't even support your argument. Sorry.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

Sorry, but this is the most idiotic post in this thread. Not even close.

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

http://bmedia.fooducate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buttery-Blood.jpg

Tell me, are you a phlebotomist?

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

thanks for clarifying that.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.

I am just going to put what you said here..

"Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets..."

that is a pretty broad assumption that you made, which is basically that people who eat a high fat, fast food diet are "garbage dieters"...

For those interested in the full text of what I said. "Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad."

It's not an assumption, it's a statistic, look it up and see where a high fat diet through fast food consumption will lead you, even if you only eat there once a week.

just so you know..

... after a quote implies that there is more after the dots...So by doing that I was indicating that there was additional info afterwards. If I would of just put a singular period then that would of inferred it was the end of the quote.

I just took the relevant sentence where you referred back to high fat fast food folks as "garbage dieters"

I know what it means when ... begins or follows a quote, however, I wanted to make sure anyone reading knew what I had actually said, and that I DID NOT make assumptions and if you eat fast food you are eating garbage. I THINK fast food is gross, and that was all I was trying to say, but now people are putting words in my mouth, doing only partial quotes to make me look like I'm coming down on people who eat fast food. AS I said previously, I don't care what people eat, I think fast food is disgusting and gross and garbage and bad for your health even in small quantities.

Well fast food can be enjoyed in moderation...I love BK but I don't eat it all the time...once and a while when I have a cheat day. I'm starting to love Chipotle though...I'm in love with Chipotle....(that's a reference to a song)

Sorry, I don't prescribe to everything in moderation.
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    MizzMaamI1 wrote: »
    Anybody else cringe when people hold the treadmill while walking/jogging and or on incline?

Why would that make you cringe?!
    I hold on to the treadmill while walking on an incline because my balance is terrible, I walk crooked, I hate when I swing my arms and my arm hits the side of the bars, and I broke my ankle years ago which doesn't help with the above mentioned balance issue. So, again why are you judging people that do this?!
    Maybe if you focused more on your workout, you would not be concerned what everyone else is doing in the gym.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I never realised there were so many annoyed people. Always looks pretty happy when I o to mine.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    All I'm seeing is someone going around flagging valid comments. Whoever is doing it probably doesn't know your username get's sent to the moderators along with the post that you have flagged..

If the moderators think it was a waste of their time they come back at you. In short it backfires.

Don't do it for the sake of your id. You still have time to un-flag the comments.
  • runner475
    Options
    OP,

some people are new at the gym and are trying to get comfortable with the machine. They probably feel safe holding on to the machine.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    All I'm seeing is someone going around flagging valid comments. Whoever is doing it probably doesn't know your username get's sent to the moderators along with the post that you have flagged..

If the moderators think it was a waste of their time they come back at you. In short it backfires.

Don't do it for the sake of your id. You still have time to un-flag the comments.

Yup..I've noticed people have been flagging my comments too.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    No interest at all in what other people do.
    This. I'm the only person there as far as I'm concerned. That is until someone starts stealing weights off my rack or comes over to recommend an alternative to what I'm doing and I punch them in the throat.

Kidding.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

I do. Because I can.

Sorry for that.

Not McDonald's but KFC

People who have figured out exactly how they can fit a Double Down into their day? Or cardio bunnies willing to sweat 600 calories out?

That stuff is gross and I don't think it's even real food. I don't see how those fatty maybe not even foods could help you do a double down or sweat out 600 calories? Not to mention, have you see what it does almost immediately to your blood, so gross.

What does it do to our blood? And I've never had a double down

Hight fat food straight to your bloodstream
    Sorry but that is no way a reputable source.

Got any that isn't a blog?

Also, that video doesn't even support your argument. Sorry.

...There is a second video, which was the one I was looking for, which the doctor talks about this yellowy liquid coming from his veins before getting his blood. Turned out he had just eaten a high fat lunch at the local fast food place.....

Sorry, but this is the most idiotic post in this thread. Not even close.

The only thing in your veins is blood. It is pretty much evenly mixed throughout your body. There is no chance that when drawing blood you would get a "yellowy liquid" from your vein. Zero chance. You will get blood. It isn't like looking at the dipstick in a car where you can stick a needle in your vein and pull it out to see how far up on the needle the "yellowy liquid" goes.

http://bmedia.fooducate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Buttery-Blood.jpg

Tell me, are you a phlebotomist?

Oh, and PS, blood is not all that is in your veins, there is plac and arteries clogged by garbage diets.

so you are saying that one 600 calorie meal from KFC is a "garbage diet"....or are you making a general statement based on assumptions that no one knows?

Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad.

so the answer is that you are making assumptions based on what you think people are consuming.

thanks for clarifying that.

I love how you assume to know what the overall diet of every fast food eater is. That is a neat trick, and you will have to teach me how to do it someday.

Nope, wrong yet again. There are key words that you seem to love to ignore, words like MOST, and the line where I said there were exceptions to this. So, you can keep trying to put words in my mouth, but if you look at the screen you would see these things, it seems like you have ADD.

yea, it is pretty clear that you made a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food and then tired to extrapolate that to this thread where someone ate one meal from KFC. Unless, you have intimate knowledge of the diet of the instructor that the person is referring to...??

and just because you used the qualifier "most" does not negate that you are making assumptions...

I'm not making a bunch of assumptions about people who eat fast food! I was passing judgement on the FOOD ITSELF, I don't care what people eat, all I did was say that the food that was listed is gross to me. The rest of the conversation is mostly people being jerks just to be, trolling me, and/or bullying me. I answer your questions to the best of my ability, try to provide resources, and yet y'all say I'm wrong and say I'm doing all these things, etc. Get off it, I'm words on a screen, and you can put intent, malice, and whatever you want in there, but it doesn't make it true.

I am just going to put what you said here..

"Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets..."

that is a pretty broad assumption that you made, which is basically that people who eat a high fat, fast food diet are "garbage dieters"...

For those interested in the full text of what I said. "Nope, I'm saying high fat fast foods are garbage, but most people who eat those things don't just stop there, they eat like that at home as well. So, garbage diets. Yes, I know there are exceptions to everything, but those foods are still high in fat and grease and can do a number on your digestive tract. If you're low on energy, grab some fruit, want a meal, have a huge salad."

It's not an assumption, it's a statistic, look it up and see where a high fat diet through fast food consumption will lead you, even if you only eat there once a week.

just so you know..

... after a quote implies that there is more after the dots...So by doing that I was indicating that there was additional info afterwards. If I would of just put a singular period then that would of inferred it was the end of the quote.

I just took the relevant sentence where you referred back to high fat fast food folks as "garbage dieters"

I know what it means when ... begins or follows a quote, however, I wanted to make sure anyone reading knew what I had actually said, and that I DID NOT make assumptions and if you eat fast food you are eating garbage. I THINK fast food is gross, and that was all I was trying to say, but now people are putting words in my mouth, doing only partial quotes to make me look like I'm coming down on people who eat fast food. AS I said previously, I don't care what people eat, I think fast food is disgusting and gross and garbage and bad for your health even in small quantities.

Well fast food can be enjoyed in moderation...I love BK but I don't eat it all the time...once and a while when I have a cheat day. I'm starting to love Chipotle though...I'm in love with Chipotle....(that's a reference to a song)

ooi6gdz1hc82.jpg
  • runner475
    Options

I think they are upset at the comment and are flagging the comment per say as though to suggest they aren't agreeing.

But that's not what the flag system is meant for. I have a feeling they aren't aware what goes on behind the scenes.
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I judge people all the time at the gym. Its fun. Its like a hobby for me. It makes me feel superior to them and helps my self esteem. Going to the gym and doing this is a lot cheaper than paying my old therapist. So I am a better person because of this. By judging people, pointing out what they are doing wrong and just laughing at them is great therapy. I dont have to take as many meds, the voices arent as loud in my head and its cheap entertainment! This is the Word of the Troll........Amen.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Those sort of things don't annoy me or make me cringe. It's their workout. Not mine. Let them do what they're going to do. If it helps them to hold the top of the machine, who cares. Move on. This is why so many people who want to go to the gym don't ever go. They're so worried of what others may think of them even when it comes to something so silly as to HOW their performing their cardio.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    erikgoya wrote: »
    Pet peeves... Long list coming at you.

Watching people not squat to parallel.

A group of people dead lifting with terrible form (I've seen 3 people all lift with backs like a camel)

People who put on a belt to lift just the bar.

The inevitable group of guys that gather around one incline bench hogging about half a dozen pairs of dumbbells (my gym only has like 2 sets of 20# and 30# for some reason).

People to proud to ask someone to spot them when they clearly need a spotter.

People who try power lifting with metal plates instead of rubber.

Hexagonal plates.

The lack of girls who lift.

Dudebros drinking energy drinks while lifting.

***holes who try taking your bench when you set your stuff down on it, and walk away to get a paper towel to wipe it down.

People who leave their trash lying around (McDonalds cups, really?!)

People lifting with jeans on (how is that comfortable at all?)

The fact that my gym only has 2 squat racks and a power rack.

Personal trainers that hassle you to get a trainer.

And finally:

Curling in the squat rack.

Are your judgypants giving you a wedgie?

BTW, I drink a sports drink. On a doctor's recommendation. I have low blood sodium.

Dude, some of your complaints were valid (the trash and curling in the squat rack), but you really need to pay more attention to what you're doing, less attention to what other people are doing, and just chill.

• Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No but that's because I worry about myself and my workout, not a complete strangers. I can also assume there may be a reason they hold on, a reason that's .............none of my business.

^^^^^^ x 10
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have to hold on when I am on the treadmill... I have 4 herniated disk in my lower back and 3 in my neck so when i walk for any period of time I lose feeling in my feet and my hands (pinched nerves) so in order to keep myself from falling off I have to hold on... I can't lose weight if i don't exercise, but when I do exercise it can be very painful, so for me it's a vicious cycle... I do wipe it down after use tho... Sorry I am one of your pet peeves :p One of mine is when people stare at me while I am on treadmill with the look of like why do you even bother and have no idea the pain I am in doing what little I am actually doing... another one of mine is when a muscle head is grunting while he is lifting... Yes we all see you lifting them weights... LOL :D
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options

I think they are upset at the comment and are flagging the comment per say as though to suggest they aren't agreeing.

But that's not what the flag system is meant for. I have a feeling they aren't aware what goes on behind the scenes.

Also because I have a few people who don't like me and like to stalk me and flag.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Aaaaand....this is why I exercise at home and stay away from gyms.

I understand being annoyed at people who don't put equipment back, don't wipe equipment down or do other things that would negatively impact your workout. But I don't really need to know that I'm making people "cringe" if I hold on to the rails of the treadmill, or am otherwise not working out up to their "standards". (Exception: if I'm doing something wrong that can result in an injury and someone wants to make me aware of that fact).

And by the way...I don't do it now, but when I first started and was terribly out of shape, yes, I did hold on to the rails.

I hope you didn't pass out from that revelation, delicate flower.

^^^ AND that's me too! B)