always friendzoned - advice?

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Women are not a slot machine where you put in coins and sex comes out. This "game" crap is disgusting. Women don't generally like people trying to pick them up in stores and stuff. It's sleazy and rather frightening. Either a relationship forms naturally, or not. If you push it like this that will drive everyone away.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Seriously, if an article from The Onion causes you distress, you're going to have a rough life.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    lydiakitten, it's a joke.

I'm aware. That's why I said that even as satire, it's pathetic, and that the Onion usually does better. I mean, we all have different senses of humour, I suppose. It was nothing personal at all. :)
    Options
    lol, ok. We lose so many parts of communication when we only use text---tone of voice, inflections, pace, etc.
  • lydiakitten
    Options
    lol, ok. We lose so many parts of communication when we only use text---tone of voice, inflections, pace, etc.

Tell me about it. It's like dialogue wheels in RPG games. The option you pick says "I'm sorry, I cannot rescue your kitten right now", and instead your character ends up spewing "Go die in a fire you useless peasant, how dare you assume I would possibly waste my valuable time trying to save your flea-ridden feline horror", and you are left there, softly whining "but that's really not what I was trying to saAAAaay....".

Everything really does sound so much more aggressive online.

Options
    And you sound like a huge nerd.
    Options
    :p
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember is that every single romantic relationship either ends in a dissolution or a lifetime together.

This is one of my favorite things ever to tell my friends. You'll either break up or end up together and I'm not sure which one is worse.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Tell me about it. It's like dialogue wheels in RPG games. The option you pick says "I'm sorry, I cannot rescue your kitten right now", and instead your character ends up spewing "Go die in a fire you useless peasant, how dare you assume I would possibly waste my valuable time trying to save your flea-ridden feline horror", and you are left there, softly whining "but that's really not what I was trying to saAAAaay....".

Everything really does sound so much more aggressive online.

Ugh, that happens so much and drives me nuts. I end up quicksaving before conversations and quickloading after hastily exiting. But Alistair, I love you! Don't leave me.

• lydiakitten
    edited April 2015
    Options

Ugh, that happens so much and drives me nuts. I end up quicksaving before conversations and quickloading after hastily exiting. But Alistair, I love you! Don't leave me.

Ahahhahahahahahhhhhah. Oh my god, yes. Oh yes. Good ol' Alistair, licking his lampposts in the winter; I've missed this game. Though, to be honest -and please do not judge me too harshly on that- my personal guilty crush was Loghain Mac Tir. I was devastated that you could recruit him and get his side of the story, but not woo him.
    And you sound like a huge nerd.

Guilty as charged. I humbly aim to be Nicola Tesla in the body of Isabeli Fontana. Is that too much to ask? ;)
    Options
    I want to be Bryan Cox in the body of John Cena.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I want to be John Goodman in the body of Toby Keith.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been covered, but in case it hasn't:

Don't be a knob and stop using the term "friendzone" unless you're 14.
  • gothchiq
    Options
    *puts on Arvid voice from Revenge of the Nerds*

"I... consider myself a nerd."

It gratifies me that we finally live in a time when "nerd" is not a cuss word any more.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    *puts on Arvid voice from Revenge of the Nerds*

"I... consider myself a nerd."

It gratifies me that we finally live in a time when "nerd" is not a cuss word any more.

Damn hipsters.
  • gothchiq
    Options
    lol! No hipsters allowed! With your hairy faces, your long whiskers, your little tiny feet, your sawdust bedding... wait. Hamsters. No HAMSTERS allowed.
    Options
    Sorry! I missed this:
    Do you have any suggestions for how to tell guys we are not interested, politely, that leaves no room for attempts at "negotiation"?

No, I don't any suggestions to politely tell a tenacious male that you are not interested. If he doesn't back off when you politely let him know that you're not interested, treat him like you would a misbehaving dog.

If he doesn't get a clue when you tell him politely, he's stupid. You can't fix stupid, and stupid people have to be treated more bluntly so they can understand.

Will he use foul language? Probably. Will he try to hurt your feelings? Maybe. Remember, he's stupid and he's small. So he'll do what stupid and small men do. And think about this: do you get upset or offended when a tiny dog barks at you? Little wiener dog yipping at you, does that ruin your day? These men are no different. They'll bark and yip a little.

It's sad and I am sorry that it's necessary, but sometimes there is no polite way to get through.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Mumble, I prefer a solid No to a soft Yes. The simpler the better. That way I can get on with asking the next young lady if she would privilege me with an enjoyable exchange of time and companionship. (Yes I talk like this in real life.)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Sorry! I missed this:
    Do you have any suggestions for how to tell guys we are not interested, politely, that leaves no room for attempts at "negotiation"?

No, I don't any suggestions to politely tell a tenacious male that you are not interested. If he doesn't back off when you politely let him know that you're not interested, treat him like you would a misbehaving dog.

If he doesn't get a clue when you tell him politely, he's stupid. You can't fix stupid, and stupid people have to be treated more bluntly so they can understand.

Will he use foul language? Probably. Will he try to hurt your feelings? Maybe. Remember, he's stupid and he's small. So he'll do what stupid and small men do. And think about this: do you get upset or offended when a tiny dog barks at you? Little wiener dog yipping at you, does that ruin your day? These men are no different. They'll bark and yip a little.

It's sad and I am sorry that it's necessary, but sometimes there is no polite way to get through.

Or you can always let someone random in public know. If you had some woman come up to you say that (insert "stupid person") is harassing what would you do. My vote is sometimes you fight fire with lava.

BTW I never had a situation like that come up but I know for a fact that I would teach harasser whats really good with who he harasses.