Husband won't let me get a dog unless I lose 10 lbs

Options
1234568»

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Don't get a dog - sort your relationship issues out first. It is not fair to each other...or to the dog.
    Work on the marriage, wait to get the dog. You and your husband need to get your marriage back on track.

^^^Yes to both of these.
    You guys have issues you need to work out before doing anything else. Go seek counseling.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    People are assuming a lot about this man, and off of very little information. We don't know the whole story and it is easy for people to yell dump him when they have no emotional ties to the situation. Just saying, you might want to keep that in mind. Plus my friends are more prone to pushing a break up as advice when they are going through relationship problems ( not talking about anyone here, this is my experience).

My advice would be to hold off on getting a dog for now. You and your husband both were part of this immature deal and you used innocent animal for it. Marriage counseling should probably be your first step. You need to get to the root of your problems plain and simple. You owe it to youselves and your child. Secondly, I would say your husband should see someone about his obsession with diet and exercise.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but no man tells me what I can and cannot do. Go buy a dog and when your husband gripes tell him to go .... It's all about self-respect.