30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    L1D7 Finished!
    I love that you posted this!! After I complete this 30DS, I plan to try the Killer Buns & Thighs dvd.

Ohh, I might look into that DVD, it sounds good.

What are people using for weights? I was using tins, then two water bottles, but I'm staying with my dad for a few days as my husband is on a course nearby, so I've stolen my old weights back from my sister! Using 2kg at the minute, could go up to 6kg but doubt I'll ever be able to manage that!

Which bits do people find harder/easier? My abs are pretty good so I'm finding the floor bits easy, but the arm bits are killing me! (except the chest flies which aren't too bad). The leg exercises are so much easier now than the first few times.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    L1D10! Finally done with L1! Not exactly looking forward to L2 given some of the comments posted, but I am happy to be switching it up to something different.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like to use a calendar to keep myself accountable, and to mark off the days. I filled out my paper calendar with the 30 days of the shred. It's sort of motivating. Every little bit helps, right? Just thought I'd post something that's helpful to me. :)

I do the same thing with a paper calendar. It is motivating, and I've found it keeps me honest, too, since I somehow seem to give myself more credit than I'm due when it comes to working out consistently. I'll swear I worked out 5 days one week but looking back it was really only 3....
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The anterior raises/side lunges and push-ups are what kill me. I could probably do the anterior raises if they weren't at the very end of the workout, but by that point my arms are killing me. Push-ups I can't do under any circumstances, although I'm getting a bit better.

I can't knock Natalie for cheating, at least until I can do the whole thing without stopping. This is a hard work-out. Not even Jillian does all of it because she's stopping to flap her gums, lol
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    one_beauty wrote: »
    This is why I put my scale away.

I obsessively weigh myself everyday; I got upset bc it was up 1.2 lbs a few days after the 30DS. Mind you, my muscles were sooo sore!! I read up about it, && that is normal!!

I gained 1lb after a few days of the shred too. Glad it's normal :)
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    I didn't want to do it either. I'm going to have to watch for the girls cheating now.

Hearing the exact same comments every time is what gets me. I would switch the audio to music only but I would probably miss the cues to switch exercises. Two more days of level one, then it will take me a week before level 2 commentary starts grating.

Maybe that is why so many people quit?

Watch, you'll see!! On Level 1, when they're doing the lunges, you'll see Natalie just stop for a bit.. When I was on level 1, it would make me soooo mad as I drip sweat & keep going!! LOL!!

& I play Pandora while I do the dvd, but I keep the volume of the TV on low, bc I wld keep going or stop too soon otherwise!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    T_Ciku wrote: »
    I finished day 8 today. Today was the first day I really, really wanted to skip. But I just keep going. I'm not allowing myself to get sidetracked. I hate those bloody anterior raises with the side lunge. Those things are hard!!! Even after all this time I can't keep up with Anita. That and the push ups. I'm still doing modified push ups and have to skip a few reps. But I'm MUCH better from day 1.

I'm not doing it every day though. I do it 3 times a week and do other stuff in between. I'm not trying to risk an injury and my muscles need enough time to rest and repair. That's how they get stronger. (Plus I read an interview with Jillian where she said that she didn't design it for everyday use but the marketing guys took that and ran with it.) For all the people doing it every day and it works for them, good for you! You are incredibly strong.

YES!! The push-ups && Anterior Raises W/ the Side Lunges kill me every time... I have poor upper body strength. I have to do the Anterior Raises w/out weights... I cant do them all otherwise. :/

& I'm surprised; bc it seems as though its for 30 days straight! Here I am killing myself every morning!!! Lmao!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Currently I'm using 3 lb weights. I wont be moving onto any heavier anytime soon... lol!
  • mrshaytch2015
    mrshaytch2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    vada44 wrote: »
    i'm in!
    The anterior raises/side lunges and push-ups are what kill me. I could probably do the anterior raises if they weren't at the very end of the workout, but by that point my arms are killing me. Push-ups I can't do under any circumstances, although I'm getting a bit better.

I can't knock Natalie for cheating, at least until I can do the whole thing without stopping. This is a hard work-out. Not even Jillian does all of it because she's stopping to flap her gums, lol

Flap her gums hahahah. Sorry I just laughed out loud! But yes push ups are my nemesis. And those raises are a killer!
  • mrshaytch2015
    Options
    Im doin jillian ripped in 30 good workouts

I think that's the one il do after I finish shred it looks good too.
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L2D7 done. I managed the whole workout without stopping and I added a couple of the more advanced moves. PHEW!
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    L1D4 complete
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done :)
  • albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    L2 D2 complete this *kitten* is not getting easier!
  • mrshaytch2015
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 complete. Still really bloody hard!
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I cheated a bit last night and did workout one of the extreme shed and shred instead of another day at level two. But tonight I will get back to it! I'm determined to do the 30 days
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    day 9 done. And yup, Natalie totally cheats!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    completed L02D06 just now. getting hard to keep motivated :/
  • _onebeauty
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Whoa!!! Just realized its 4/16. I cannot believe I was able to do this 16 days straight??!!

Cannot wait for the 30 days to be over so I can begin working out like a normal person... lol!! Maybe 5 days a week could be my new max when this is over.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Wow! half way done!