30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    L2D1 complete! Whoa... what a tough workout. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow!
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    carrot1088 wrote: »

Dying to hear about your thoughts on level 2. Very proud of you!! Yayy!!
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D5 today! Feeling much stronger than day 1 already :) just curious about daily calorie intake while doing this workout? I'm consuming up to 1800 per day otherwise I'm starving! My TDEE is set at 1400 but I can never manage to eat that low. Is there anyone else that has this problem?
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I should also add that I typically walk/run between 10000-15000 steps per day as well so that might be why
  • KingBoo10
    Options
    one_beauty wrote: »
    carrot1088 wrote: »

Dying to hear about your thoughts on level 2. Very proud of you!! Yayy!!

I've read a lot of comments on Level 2, mostly bad. I actually prefer it over Level 1. I feel like my core is being worked a lot harder in this section, where I felt it was really left out in Level 1. The modified versions of the cardio moves are a bit slower in this one, but super tough. I'm going to be the master of the plank position in no time :). Hoping to be able to do the advanced moves by the end of the level.
  • bakneale
    bakneale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i want to join! Thanks for the challenge! How many calories do you burn for level 2? I'm not sure how to track it.
  • kayla_harker
    kayla_harker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    on L1D5 of shred. my inner shins are killing me. thinking I'm doing jumping Jacks wrong I'm just really out of shape. anyone else feel a burn here? eating 1500 cal a day and lost 2 pounds since March 31. glad to see others are on the same day as me. :) thanks for the community support everyone!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    I completed L01D08 today!! Super excited. I haven't been feeling well; so I'm thrilled I was able to fit in this workout.

You guys have helped motivate me endless times. I'm so fortunate to have the support from you all; if I was doing it alone, it most likely wouldn't have continued on... lol :/

I peeked at level 2 today, and it doesn't look IMPOSSIBLE; like I previously thought. I have done this DVD before; but NEVER got past level 1. I must of spent 15 days on level 1 before I quit... LOL!

I might prefer Level 2; it seems to be a nice change from the workouts in Level 1. I have about had it w/ doing them all... LOL! I HATE doing these exercises.

But you guys, so long as we all stay committed; our bodies will change for the better soon! We gotta give it a month... I for one am not visually noticing any differences; but I am also HIGHLY critical of myself. :/
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Have any of you noticed any visual changes in your bodies? I know we haven't been doing the 30DS for very long at all, but I'm just curious.
  • KingBoo10
    Options
    Have any of you noticed any visual changes in your bodies? I know we haven't been doing the 30DS for very long at all, but I'm just curious.

I haven't noticed a thing yet, but I'm thinking that's because I still have too much of a "cushion" around my muscles to really notice anything. The scale went up for the first few days of the workout (water retention, sore muscles, etc.) and now my scale seems stuck at my weight pre the Shred. Frustrating, but I will keep at it. If nothing else, I'm hoping for increased endurance in my cardio.
  • kayla_harker
    kayla_harker Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I took a day one pic and I look at myself now I see more defined ab area. I don't have a two pack by any means but hopefully you know what I mean. I also started taking measurements today so hopefully I will see a difference after a week or two. BTW I hate girl time of the month bleh! right there with ya
  • bettina274
    bettina274 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Back in the game, did yesterday and getting ready to do todays. However, which weights are you all using? I only have the 5 lbs ones at home, should I go out and get lighter ones? They dont seem too bad other than on the anterior raises ;)
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    bettina274 wrote: »
    Back in the game, did yesterday and getting ready to do todays. However, which weights are you all using? I only have the 5 lbs ones at home, should I go out and get lighter ones? They dont seem too bad other than on the anterior raises ;)

No! In my opinion the heavier they are, the better! More calories burned!!

Mine are 3 lb weights bc I have TERRIBLE upper body strength. I cldnt manage 5 lb weights at all. :/
  • kds1340
    kds1340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Rest day today and feel so much better for it. Back to l1 d6 in morning.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Completed day 5 of Level 2. I actually did both rounds of plank jacks without modification. Wow. I never thought I could do that. I must be getting at least a little stronger. I still feel like I'm going to die by the end (and that is what Jillian wants, right?) ;)

To the person who asked about calorie burn in level 2 - as far as I can tell, there is no change in calories burned between levels. 20 minutes of circuit training is 20 minutes of circuit training. I suppose if you have a heart rate monitor, I'd go with that number.

Keep up the good work guys!
  • treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @ RosieMonette; I wasent tracking my weightloss when I did it prior... but i doubt I lost more than 10 lbs

I did it for 30 days straight in January and lost 11ibs.
  • bettina274
    bettina274 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Done with day 2 level 1, with the 5 lbs :) . It will get easier...
  • emtbsara
    emtbsara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see this thread!! I've been working out consistently for years and I switch things up so I don't get bored. I've been doing the 30 day shred and for some reason i just keep doing level 2. You ladies have totally motivated me and I'm doing level 3 tomorrow morning!!
  • kds1340
    kds1340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    L1 D6 completed. After a days rest I can feel it working again.
  • KingBoo10
    Options
    L2D2 complete. I literally had to force myself to work out this morning. The scale hasn't budged in some time and my measurements are still the same. I'm getting really discouraged. I am keeping with it only because others have had success. L2D2 was harder than yesterday because my muscles are sore. Guess that means the workout is working (I was no longer sore with level 1).