Weird Addiction Happening

Options
123457»

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Weird, I have had the same thing happen to me before. Exact same foods, too! Boiled up tons of chicken broth with spices and hot sauce in them... and went through cartons and cartons of orange juice.
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Make your own broth with chicken or beef, its healthier and you can salt it to taste. Homemade soups are the easiest thing in the world to make!
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    You had the flu fasted for 24 hours ate oranges and soup and your question is? I may have missed a few steps in there. . . .and your type 1 diabetic?

Yes, I am type 1 diabetic. What I am saying is that while I had the flu, the only thing I ate was soup and oranges and now fast forward over a month later and I am still craving them. Is this bad or am I okay? Is it a sign of something like maybe some sort of deficiency or an addiction? Should I even be giving it a second thought?

Okay I got it now. Is it bad? No. Unless your Catholic and your priest isn't an orange fan. I think the soup(at least the sodium) may be something you want if you are moving(exercising more). As for a second thought. . . .nah. Enjoy it and move on.

I am catholic. O.O Hahahahahaha
    Did your Priest date a woman from Syracuse, break up, and then enter the priesthood?

What do you mean?
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You had the flu fasted for 24 hours ate oranges and soup and your question is? I may have missed a few steps in there. . . .and your type 1 diabetic?

Yes, I am type 1 diabetic. What I am saying is that while I had the flu, the only thing I ate was soup and oranges and now fast forward over a month later and I am still craving them. Is this bad or am I okay? Is it a sign of something like maybe some sort of deficiency or an addiction? Should I even be giving it a second thought?

Okay I got it now. Is it bad? No. Unless your Catholic and your priest isn't an orange fan. I think the soup(at least the sodium) may be something you want if you are moving(exercising more). As for a second thought. . . .nah. Enjoy it and move on.

I am catholic. O.O Hahahahahaha
    Did your Priest date a woman from Syracuse, break up, and then enter the priesthood?

Being from Syracuse, I wondered what this was about too...
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with oranges. I sometimes eat 3 a day as they are so good at the moment. But you should cut out the soup. that sodium wont do you any good.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No IF protocol that I know of calls for 24 hour abstention from food.

It's called alternate day fasting, and it has a bit of research backing it up from Dr. Kirsta Varaday. It was the precurser to 5:2, which came about because the researchers thought that alternate day would be too difficult for people to adhere to, so they cut it down to 2 days a week, and allowed 400-600 cals on fast days, which means that you may not get the actual health benefits you're looking for from 5:2, but it's easier and you still lose weight.

OP, if you're a Type I diabetic, how is it that your sugars are only tested when you see a doc? Don't you have a monitor at home for testing? Also, did you check with your doc before fasting? Fasting is not recommended for diabetics.
  • CorinnaShaw
    Options

It's called alternate day fasting, and it has a bit of research backing it up from Dr. Kirsta Varaday. It was the precurser to 5:2, which came about because the researchers thought that alternate day would be too difficult for people to adhere to, so they cut it down to 2 days a week, and allowed 400-600 cals on fast days, which means that you may not get the actual health benefits you're looking for from 5:2, but it's easier and you still lose weight.

OP, if you're a Type I diabetic, how is it that your sugars are only tested when you see a doc? Don't you have a monitor at home for testing? Also, did you check with your doc before fasting? Fasting is not recommended for diabetics.

I never said my sugars were tested only when I saw a doc so I am not sure how you got that impression. I have a meter and I already said in a previous comment that I test 3-6 times a day.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I never said my sugars were tested only when I saw a doc so I am not sure how you got that impression. I have a meter and I already said in a previous comment that I test 3-6 times a day.

Sorry, my bad. I was skimming and misread "blood pressure" which is what you said was tested at the doc's. Regardless, the rest of my question remains, as fasting is very ill-advised for diabetics.
  • CorinnaShaw
    Options

Sorry, my bad. I was skimming and misread "blood pressure" which is what you said was tested at the doc's. Regardless, the rest of my question remains, as fasting is very ill-advised for diabetics.

Well, like I said before, it started with my endocrinologist telling me to abstain from breakfast and just kind of spiraled from there. I feel good and my BG is regulated. My doctor is happy with me too so I figure why change course?
  • CorinnaShaw
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I might. This is a weird craving to have.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Well, like I said before, it started with my endocrinologist telling me to abstain from breakfast and just kind of spiraled from there. I feel good and my BG is regulated. My doctor is happy with me too so I figure why change course?

Ask him about giving you advice for you addiction.

could always email Dr. OZ…..
  • CorinnaShaw
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »

Ask him about giving you advice for you addiction.

could always email Dr. OZ…..

I don't know how well I trust Dr. Oz. He always has these weird weight loss supplements on there. I know he is not directly endorsing their use but he lets people come on who praise them as if they are holy grails without much (if any) critique.