WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Barbie: I love the ritual you’ve created for paying your property taxes. People don’t celebrate pleasures such as home ownership and often seem to chug through life without appreciating their blessings. I like your attitude of gratitude.

Jane: Congratulations on your move. I hope you will be happy and secure in your new home.

Sylvia: You might want to give your doctor’s recommendation for a new physician a chance. The woman doctor she recommended may or may not be a judgmental person and has probably had a lot of requests for the pill for younger adolescents. There are good health reasons not to put 15 year olds on the pill and this doctor has probably been asked to do that frequently. I took the pill for a short time when I was 20 and it had hideous side effects so I quit and found another birth control method. I wouldn’t want my daughter to take it at all. There are other ways to achieve birth control besides flooding your body with hormones if birth control is an issue. Some people think that the pill will improve acne. I suffered from acne as a kid and I wouldn’t put my daughter on the pill for that reason. There are better alternatives. I love how wisely you grandparent your little ones. They are so lucky you are part of their lives.

Cindy: I’m happy that your DH was able to find and retrieve his glasses after dropping them overboard. That seems like a minor miracle.

Heather: Congratulations on realizing that you were in the grip of a binge and taking care of it. That is a terrific accomplishment in my opinion. I think the proof copy of your book is an excellent idea. There are important details that can be missed electronically and pop right out on paper. I hope your friend’s ankle heals quickly and she follows through with exercise when she is healed enough.

Beth in ME: I told DH about your chicken breast recipe and he is interested. We may try it in the near future.

Beth in WNY: I am not a cilantro fan, and you’ve given me a great excuse to say no. Thanks!

Carol: I’m sorry that things are getting to you and you’re feeling depressed. I’m sure there is a lot of grieving that goes along with leaving behind a home where you spent years. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Janet: Thanks for your good wishes. DH did not go with me to the accountant, and I skipped a committee meeting last night because I felt awful by then. I am feeling some better today, but not good enough to go to yoga.

DrKatie: Good luck with your teaching assignment. It sounds like a wonderful way to avoid family drama and help a tough situation for the AP Calculus students. When I retired I told the district I did not want to sub. I had a 45 minute commute each way to work there that was getting dramatically worse due to long term road construction projects between my home and work, and it wouldn’t be practical on a sporadic basis. I also had my hands full at home with DH’s health situation. I’m not sorry I made the choices that I did, but I miss my friends from school. I find that I envy you just a bit.

Joyce: I had colitis as a young woman in college, but it wasn’t ulcerative. Mine was caused by lactose intolerance and a college roommate is the person who gave me that diagnosis. She’d had a number of roommates in the past with the same problem. The physician gave me librium. What a useless thing that was. When I stopped consuming milk the symptoms went away. Go Aisha! I am forever grateful to her. Forty odd years later I am able to buy lactaid milk and eat clam chowder again. Cheddar cheese never seemed to bother me.

I went to the accountant by myself yesterday and we got our taxes sent off later in the afternoon. Then the flu took over and I had to miss a meeting in the evening. I’m headachy this morning. Bleah. We have pedicure appointments this afternoon. It has been months since my last pedicure & I’m planning to go. I’m not sure about DH.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Pip, (not Pat) since you are younger than me, I expect you to pay attention and help keep us elders straight. What is this world coming to if you don’t know what’s going on? :o

Michele, I understand you wanting the ceramics pieces to be perfect because that’s the way I am. But..do remember these will be out by the pool and in the weather so streaks or not, I’ll bet they will look great.

Dr.Katie, What an unexpected opportunity to bone up on your calculus. You just never know when one of life’s surprises are going to pop up. I know you’ll do great. Will you be with them until school is out for the summer? Congrats for DS. It’s great when our kids finally get excited about something.

Joyce, I thought I could just cut back on the nicotine level until I weaned myself off, but when I got lower nicotine I just puffed on that thing all the more. It was like a “passie” that was never out of my mouth unless I was out someplace. I am so sorry that I didn’t realize the results of Charlie’s test was that serious. I am so dumb that I thought it was a relatively good report. I’m sure you are feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, like what next? Please know I’m thinking of you both and will keep you in my prayers. (((Huggs)))

Heather, so glad you are feeling better. I can hear it in the tone of your voice. I think the proof copy sounds like a great idea. Since we know you are aiming for perfection, it will be good to see the finished product. We are having rain daily for about 10 days in a row. Wish we could share some, but at least it’s not flooding here like some places.

Mary, how wonderful that you had a great time with Gnephew. I’m sure he had a good time too. A Big Congrats on your loss. I’m glad the 5x5 is working so well for you.

Terri, good job on your eating at the banquet last night. Great job by DS. It sounds like he never sits down. Oh to have the energy of a 14 year old.

Heather, sorry about your friend and her ankle. And I was thinking you might be getting a work out buddy.

Sylvia, good try with the kids. My DMIL used to say, “you can’t put an adult’s mind in a kid’s body”, when we were trying to get the kids to act civil. Lol But we have to try, right?

Gilly, I think swimming a mile is fantastic. And to be able to do anything for 90 minutes straight is a feat to be proud of. About the only thing I can do for 90 minutes is sit on the sofa, and sometimes need a bathroom break for that. :s

Katla, sorry you had to make the drive to accountant by yourself, but at least you got it done. I hope your symptoms don’t keep you from your pedicure. I’m due for one soon, now that you mention it. Feel better soon.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I got in some extra exercise this morning so feel good about that. Had a healthy breakfast and lunch and will have grilled chicken for dinner. I’m trying to decide now on going to get my nails done or a nap. I got up extra early this morning so I’m about to fall asleep at the keyboard. We’re having the carpets cleaned tomorrow, so need to get a few things put away for that.

I hope you all have a the best day possible and find happiness in whatever you do.

Thought for the day.

Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed.
    It means the damage no longer controls our lives.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have the closing date for my TN house to be April 28. I know have to move it and find the money I need for the closing. Sent a request to my Uncle for the money. I hope he comes through. I feel so rotten asking him for it, but have no choice. I don't know what will happen if I don't get it. I can't reserve my plane tickets until I have an answer from him. So keep your fingers crossed.

My son has made 90 days clean! But he is struggling with depression. He has alway been bi-polar and the withdrawal is taking its toll on him and me. He lays all his concerns on me but does not want my suggestions. Oh, well, a mother can only listen and pray.

I am fighting depression as well. Fighting that, but I seems to always pull through. Have to go back to work now. Just know I am still here!
    Rita in CT

Words for the year:
    Determination and Moderation

April Goals:
    Finalize TN house sale (have to pay in at closing)
    Exercise at least 12 times this month
    Eat 4 veggies a day, and 2 fruits a day
    Record what I eat.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I've been keeping up with the posts but haven't had time to check in. Just know I'm thinking of you all.

I decided I needed to get an "interview" wardrobe so I would be prepared if I got a call for an interview. I no longer had appropriate clothes and I didn't want to be stressed to find something last minute. Last weekend was spent shopping...I got 2 skirts, 2 blazers, 1 pair of dress pants, 1 top, 1 dress, 1 pair of panty hose and 1 pair of shoes that match all the outfits. I shopped thrift and discount stores and am pleased that it cost me $125. I was shocked to find out that my shoe size has gone down 1/2 size! On Monday morning I got a call to interview on Friday, I was so glad I have everything ready, now I just have to decide what to wear. I feel that I haven't looked this good in decades and have a new found confidence which is what I need to face this challenge. The job is not something I am particularily interested in, but I think it will be good practice.

The weather has been very nice since this weekend and I decided to get the summer clothes out to see what I would need to replace...My long pants are all too big, but I can get away with the shorts for awhile. This is very exciting. I hope I land a very good paying job because I see alot of clothes shopping in my future!!

Trying not to let the stress of closing the business overtake my life, walking in the sunshine helps to keep me stable and out of the kitchen.

Quick note to Janet...I know the struggle you are facing giving up the nicotine. I was equally addicted to the cigarettes and the gum and it was 1 year off nicotine on April 3. I send you all the good thoughts I can for your success...I

Chris in sunny, 55F MA
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Rita - Hugs and Prayers ! ! ! o:) And a gardian angel for good measure.

Chris - Hugs and good vibes for your interviews, and business process.

Hugs also for everyone with their struggles.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    Options
    Rita - hugs ((((♥♥♥♥♥♥♥)))) I know what it's like to have a son with depression. :flowerforyou:

Janet - Can you feel me on your shoulder? I'm cheering you on with giving up the nicotine. <3

This afternoon I resubmitted my interior as I repaginated (hooray) and changed a tiny bit. It will be reviewed by their team tomorrow. I was trying to sort out all the stuff like outlets, author bio, description etc, but I ran out of time as I had to cook the dinner! ! ! I do have one big mistake left as I have always made two spaces between sentences. Apparently that is wrong, but I can't face going back to change all that. It will have to do. I will know next time. I will check the "adult content" box! ! ! !

Thanks for letting me ramble on. Joyce - I'm waiting for you to bring out your memoirs! <3

Love Heather x x x (my dinner was heavenly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    damnit- am I that much younger than everyone else in here?? i'll be 56 in may... I know I definitely don't act my age but that's beside the point.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Jane: glad to hear from you! You sound positive about the decluttering. Good for you!

Sylvia: so far so good with the test results, but I do hope they find out what’s wrong. Have you had an attack recently?

Cindy: good calorie burns.

Heather: I’ve had the exact same thing happen when trying to take a photo of a foal! The moms really do shield them. Good idea to order the proof copy. I do a lot of proofreading, and I know I see many more mistakes on paper than on a computer screen.

Lesley: would love to see some photos of you (maybe even in your bodybuilding period?). ☺

Cilantro: I’m on the “like” side.

Carol: I hardly call 800 calories a binge, lol. Take care of yourself! You’re worth it.

Michele: hope the reglazing will be good.

Katie: calculus! That was a while ago! I remember derivatives not being so bad, but integrals! OMG!

Joyce: hope you feel better after a good night’s sleep.

Kim: I missed what happened to your ankle. Hope it gets better fast (I know ankle trouble!)

Mary: congrats on your measurements! I hope I can be happy about things like that again soon.

Rita: you’ve got some good news there! Keep truckin’!

Pip: you’re not younger than me. ;)

Tough week here. The last two meetings with the two groups from my old job: and the person who decided not to keep me on AND my “replacement” are there. The first meeting was last night; I did fine outwardly but found it just humiliating. The second one is tomorrow.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. This day is not starting out the best. Talked to my DS and mom last evening. Her blood sugars are up over 450. So praying that will level out. Then this morning I get to work and my ex-boss tells me her husband had a colonoscopy yesterday and they found cancer, so she will be taking time off soon as they get the surgery scheduled. Already short on help so going to mean alot more hours. Our new boss doesn't want to work 40 hours per week, but she may have no choice. I am already doing overtime and can only do so much. Gotta love it.
    Yesterday I did better food wise and the walk last evening put me over 10,000 steps for the day. Today I am working my 8 hour shift and planning to walk home. Sounds like we could get some rain, so depending on what it is doing at 3 when I get off if I take the long or short way home. Have Bible study this evening so be no walking then.

Sharon--Sending HUGS and PRAYERS.

Margert--HUGS.

Heather--Not sure whether to say Congrates or what about the free lunch. Just glad he did not cut his mouth. Not having surgery till June, why are they waiting so long? Guess long as he is not in pain it is ok. Just a long time to have to think about. Me I do better just to get it over with. Great news about sending in the book. Looking forward to being able to read it.

Kim--Glad the ankle is feeling better. Take is easy so it can heal.

Katiebug--Sorry to hear about the family drama. We live away from most our family, only a couple of the kids and family live close. Works for us, what we don't know we can't get in the middle of. Prayers it all will work out.

cutec527--Good to see you back. Wise words to think about. Thanks for sharing.

Meg--Good to see you back. Missed you.

Carol--Happy Dance for a winning day.

Welcome to the newbies. This is a great place for friendship, support and fellowship. Come often.

Sylvia--I agree you need to keep doctor shopping.I like that exercise you did with the children. That is a good thing for each of us to do each day. I am going to try to do that with people at work that push my buttons. Wish me luck.

All this talk about doctors and how they act. I have worked at the hospital 28 years and have found most doctors think they are better then the rest of us. We do answering service for the doctors and sometimes they can get so nasty. We had one that would call to have us read the surgery schedule for the next day. I learned if I acted really dumb about it he would get upset and strudder. Sorry about the spelling. After a while he got so he would not call when I was working. He is not here anymore.Not all are that bad, when my son was killed one of the doctors took me into the chapel and asked if there was anything he could do for me. So there are the good and bad.

Pat--When you are done you are more then welcome to come do my house. I need to go thru the closet and get rid of stuff. I keep telling myself I will not buy anything else until I am done. But looking at the smaller size everytime I go into a store is becoming a habit.

Janet--Good for you on giving up the vaping. Sending prayers.

Rita--Sending prayers and hugs. Depression is not easy anyway you look at it. Pray the money comes for the closing.

Chris--Your shopping sounds like was a good deal. Good Luck with the interview. Sending prayers that the right job comes quickly.
    Well time to sign off and finish things up so ready to leave at 3. Hoping for a nice long walk home. Take care ladies and remember One Day at a Time.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    For the "horsey" and the line-dance people:
    https://youtu.be/mY036zJ1Lms
    Positive: the rider's calm and the almost invisible way she is asking the horse to move. A bit negative: his switching of the tail indicates some level of resistance (we don't know what the exact reason is).

Cynthia
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi all... it's been too long and I've missed you!
    Been going warp speed with book stuff (impersonating a website designer and social media pro) and have neglected myfitnesspal(s) much to my detriment. I've had a crummy couple of weeks and fear I will gain more than a couple of pounds if I don't check in with y'all. (Is anyone else experiencing the endless screen on here?) So, a little off topic, but when were you ladies going to mention that 'the girls' would droop and shrivel like a pair of weeks old party balloons? No, really... a little heads up would have been nice. That or a couple of handfuls of tissues. ;) Thank heaven my bra stands on its own and doesn't rely on organic fillers. Gravity has not been my friend and I catch myself consoling and self-talking about how some tribes actually wear heavy ropes around their necks to achieve the same degree of droop I've got going on. Ok, that is all. I apologize for the graphic nature of this post. Did I mention I've missed you?!
    Selena
    Utah
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thursday here.
    Yesterday took Blaize for a walk along a plantation road, he was on his toes. Today will walk another walk in plantation
    Food is high at 2229 clas but training is 775 cals: Wii boxing, JJ's yoga, JJ's Circuit B, JJ's Abs blast and walk the dog.
    You need to PAY to belong to tom's Innter Circle. His summer challenge is now starting on the 18 May. The spreadsheet is that for 98 day challenge but have my own spreadsheets too.
    Chemist told me to try Glucosamine for my arthritic knees, i am going to rattle soon.
    I am now adding Creatine to my protein shake after morning training, oh my, need to get used to it. Body fat is going down again. i see Sports nutritionist just before Tom's challenge
    Selena, more chest weights lol
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lesley, I have started taking glucosamine, too. I was told that it was best if it also had condrointin so the one that I got has those two ingredients plus vitamin D. I think I can tell a difference with the joints, but I still have low energy. I'm going tomorrow for my yearly blood work, so we shall see. The thing that I personally think helps most with joint pain is drinking water.

Went today for my fingerprints and background check, but still hoping that the calculus teacher will be cleared to come back to work. If not, then Monday is the day!

Katla, I always commuted to my teaching jobs, too, and like you, said substituting was not worth my time. This job is actually in my town, five minutes from my house. I have never worked this close to home before. This high school is the most hated rival of the one where I taught for 33 years. I do know several of the math teachers, though, so it will be somewhat fun.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :D I love reading about your lives. I laugh and cry with you. Today I was able to avoid going to lunch with the line dance group again and came home to a nice lunch prepared by Jake and then he cleaned up while I was walking the dogs.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington

Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. Lao Tzu
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone –

It is very stormy right now – lots of lightening, thunder, and rain. I love storms like this. They remind me of my mom. I could do without the hail, though. We had a friend come to help us clean carpets. He is a dear man who used to work in the warehouse at my hubby’s office. We lost touch with him for about a year. Soooo glad he contacted us. He jokingly calls us his other mom and dad. He is so helpful and needs the extra money. He’ll help me with my flower beds soon. I had a vein laser treatment yesterday so I am out of the pool for a week. This will be a struggle. As most of you know I LOVE WORKING OUT IN THE WATER! A good friend is in Nova Scotia this week visiting her son and his family. He married a lady from there and she hasn’t seen him in more than 2 years. So happy for her that she can do this. Finances are hard for her and this took a lot of planning on her part.
    Sharon – sending you ((((HUGS))))
    Kim – I hope your ankle is better soon. I laughed about the skunk in your pool. It beats the liv e possum I found in my empty trash can long ago!
    MNMargaret – how tragic about your student. We teachers all have heartbreaking tales. You must feel great about your good day with the second graders.
    Heather – GLASS – oh, dear. That could have been bad! I second what others have said about your book. This is the most non-judgmental group! We are all so happy for you to have completed this challenge.
    Cute – enjoyed your quote.
    Beth – Yummmmm. The chicken sounds tasty.
    Alison – hope the interview goes well.
    Janet – prayers for you
    Meg and Selena – so glad to see your posts.
    TNToni
    GRATITUDE – STRENGTH - FAITH

April Goals
    BP and BS every day
    Log every bite and swallow
    Contact 3 teacher friends each week
    Walk 6,000 steps each day
    No eating after dinner
    “Let go and let God”
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of yoga today and then an hour of the deep water class. I tried these webbed gloves a lady had given me (mine were wearing out). It seemed that they were a bit harder then I realized that all the gloves I'd had before were opened at the fingertips, these are fully webbed and I think that might have caused the added resistance. I was also concerned about how easy they were to take off since they have a zipper on each side, but I found that if I just undid one zipper I could get them off quite easily. When I see her next week, even tho she said she didn't want any payment, I'll probably give her like $10 for them.

Then went out to lunch at this place near here. Had grilled chicken breast, then had grilled white asparagus (I think they may have put some balsamic vinegar on it) and I asked for the broccoli steamed which they did for me. Afterwards stopped at JCPenney, I had seen this sweater when we were in FL but I wasn't about to pay almost $30 for it, I didn't like it THAT much. Anyway it was on sale here for $20 and I had a $10 off coupon (had I bought it monday I could have gotten another 25% off). So I bought it.

The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love's Ripped 1000 DVD, then I have a dentist appt. (funsville). Not sure if Vince wants to go to ceramics. I would probably go but my snail won't be fired nor the praying mantis. I REALLY REALLY hope and pray that it doesn't come out streaky again.

pip - when I was taking the spinning yesterday, there was this guy there, he said he usually bikes outside but since it was raining he decided to use the bike inside. There were times when I know he would have liked to talk but I needed to sprint or something. Afterwards he showed me how his HRM displayed. Don't know if it's because he has a Garmin and I have a (cheapie) Timex, maybe the machine doesn't display Timex. Well, I just wear my watch, no biggie at all.

drkatiebug
    - congrats to your son on passing his tests!

Did a load of laundry last night and took it out of the dryer today.

Heather
    - so sorry about your friends fall. Love hearing all about your book

Sylvia
    - you are so wonderful for your grandchildren. They are so lucky to have you in their lives

katla - feel better fast

Started sewing the bit extra on the end of the tree skirt to the back then I plan to put the "rubber stuff" on it and, hopefully, that'll help hold it down.

Rita - fantastic that you have a closing date!!! Oh, I do hope your uncle comes thru for you. Sending healing thoughts to your son and you

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.56min, 14.9amph 2.9mi = 108c
    Spin- 41.10min, 84ar, 121aw, 12-15g, 17mi = 358c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.06min, 13.1amph, 1.5mi = 64c
    ride dome 2 tan- 16.45min, 10.5amph, 2.9mi= 164c
    ride tan 2 hm- 5.22min, 11amph, .9mi = 56c
    total cal 750
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom - depending on the spin bike, it will connect to the bike machine. i used to use a polar hrm and when i was using the bike, it would display on the bike. i have a different one and it doesn't connect to the bike machine. no biggie
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I worked on the road today. Two meetings on Cape Cod. A beautiful day for a drive. Meeting went well. In one case the visit was timely because the group has a need that I think the organization for whom I work can help meet.

Even though I had a lunch meeting too, my calories are ok. I thought I was having a healthy lunch of hummus and raw vegis. Glad it was lunch because it totaled over 400 calories and I still had time to make some adjustments at dinner.

Pipcd34 We are close to the same age. I am 55.

ExermomGood score on the sweater. Sounds like you got a real bargain.

Tngram2seven I enjoy watching a summer thunderstorm especially at night when I can see the lightening over the river at the cottage. I remember that my grandmother was very afraid of storms and would hide in a closet until it was over. It wasen't until I was older that my Mom told me grandma had been in a fire as a young woman. I guess there is often a reason for behavior that makes sense if we only knew the whole story.

DH is asleep in his chair & I think I had better call it a night.

Naiomi2015 from 49F on a clear night in Massachusetts.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janet: I made it to my pedicure and my feet are very happy about it. Thanks for your good wishes.

Rita: I am happy that you’re here. You have a lot on your plate right now, and supportive friends can make a difference in how a person handles stress. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for your closing and for your son.

Chris: Congratulations on your new, smaller self! Needing smaller clothes was the best NSV for me, and getting something new was a major treat. It proved to me that I was making progress.

Heather: Congratulations on resubmitting your book!

Pip: I have a decade on you, and I try really hard not to act my age. :devil: I try to act how I want to feel. It helps. :bigsmile:

Cynthia: You have my sympathy. It must have been hard to attend the first meeting. I hope tomorrow is more pleasant. I love the dancing horse video. Thank you for sharing. I only wish I could dance that well!

Selena: I wondered what would happen with “the girls” as I lost weight. They’re smaller, but not more droopy. I’m down from a 38D to a 34C which was my size before kids. DH likes what he sees, and that is good enough. I’m also more comfortable & have fewer backaches.

Dr. Katie: I’m sure the school where you will be working is relieved and thrilled to have a competent calculus teacher available.

I am feeling much better today. DH was even willing to go for a bike ride after dinner so that shows he’s feeling better, too. I’m planning to go to zumba with my neighbor tomorrow. I’ll ride the spin bike while she dances and we’ll both enjoy ourselves.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png