pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    .. Doopsie
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Gail, it is so good to hear from you. I wondered if you had abandoned us.

Chris, woo hoo for looking and feeling so good for your interview. I really know what you mean about our kids ages. My DD will turn 44 the end of the month and people think it’s hard to believe with me being so young. Tee hee hee Hell, I don’t even feel 44, how can she be that age??

Michele,NC, I love your short people responses. Good deal on the hay. I’m sure you were going to take the bales apart anyway.

Sylvia, I want you to come to my circus. Pleeeease. That was a good one. :)

Joyce, that is an expensive diet your fur baby is on if he is eating FitBit parts. The fashion show sounds like such fun. I love looking at fashion even if I can’t afford what’s being shown. My problem with the clothes now are the colors they are showing.

Naiomi, great NSV and glad you had a good time at the game

Heather, good girl on the one drink. Isn’t it weird how we can hold ourselves accountable to people we’ve never met, yet feel so close to? What is the actual web site to check out the photo, etc? Wonderful that you are getting such quick responses.

Allison, I understand being concerned about DH driving all the way to Florida alone. Will he make an overnight stop? Driving tired is what scares me. I know of a lady that is 81 and drives from Florida to Penn and back each year and she doesn’t stop overnight.

Cat, welcome to this group of wonderful ladies. You will find this a very supportive and informative place to be. Come often and share what’s going on with you, whenever you feel like it. Great job keeping that weight off for so long.

Lillian, when do DMs taxes have to be in? Maybe the baby will be born on my birthday, the 24th. That would be cool for me. Lol

Sylvia, you never cease to amaze me with all you do. Your step GS is lucky to have you and DH in his life. When you said that your doc told you that it was okay to walk, I was thinking, “she probably walks for aerobic exercise”, then you said she didn’t know how you walk. LOL

Katie I don’t have a FitBit but if I were going to spend $200, I assure you it wouldn’t be for a FitBit bracelet. :o But that is just like the accessories for my smart phone; I don’t buy them at the phone store. There is a place at the permanent Flee Market here that sells all that type thing for a fraction of the cost.

Katla, I’m looking forward to finding out if the boat got washed today or waiting until tomorrow. I’d probably wait if it’s going to be warmer tomorrow, but then I don’t know how warm it is today. B)

Heather, oh I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you about publicizing your book. Of course, I don’t think it’s bragging to want people to know its available. If you don’t do some type of advertising it will stay a well-kept secret. I think it is something to be proud of, which is not the same as boasting. And you are right that DH is no help, with his opinion on the subject. Wow, I hope you read the quote that Carey posted after your post. I think it was meant for you!

Carey, Wonderful comments on your weight. I hope you took them to heart and realize how great you look!!!

Pip, that’s terrific that the “young’uns” are asking your advice. I’m sure they can tell that you know what you are doing, by the shape you’re in. Way to go!

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My back is a bit better today after a very restless night. I think I woke up every 15 minutes all night long. Finally got up about two hours earlier than normal. Oh and how I love a good night’s sleep. DH and I finished the last two room and now everything has been vacuumed and dusted. I sorted a few more things an threw out another 2 bags of garbage, as I was preparing for the carpet cleaning. My house hasn't been this clean and neat from top to bottom in a good while. Makes me feel good. This afternoon it’s a trip to Costco. I've been in the house since the day I got my nails done so I’m ready for an outing. I think the rain has stopped for the day. (I hope)
    I hope you all have a happy and healthy day. <3

Thought for the day.

Be thankful for
    all those difficult
    people in your life.
    They have shown you
    exactly who you
    don’t want to be.

Words I live by:

Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Heather, you asked about the "public eye." Yes, I have one, both at church and professionally. I even have a website that is my real name dot com. One church where I spoke posted my sermon on their website. Luckily, most people don't just go around listening to sermons on the Internet! If any of you are truly interested, pm me and I will send you the address of either. I don't put it out here on the message board, because it would pop up in a Google search. I don't want people in my professional life reading what I post on a weight loss message board, just like I don't don't want many of them being my friend on Facebook, although I put nothing either place that I'm ashamed of. I just like to keep it separate. The thing that I fear the most is criticism - not constructive criticism, but just pure-out meanness. People on the Internet can be ruthless. That's why I love this thread. It is the nicest Internet group I've ever met. Sometimes I like the attention of the public eye, and sometimes it embarrasses me.
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    Janet, I hear you on the Fitbit bracelet! I had a hard enough time shelling out $100 for the Fitbit itself. The 2 for $5.95 free shipping, take two months to get here ones from China suit me just fine!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Janet - you go on to Amazon, select Books from the drop down menu and type in Heather Eyles. That takes you to a list of my books. Near the top is a link to my Author Page. It works on my tablet.

Thank you drkatie - yes, it is difficult keeping all our worlds separate and this particular world is very precious to me. You get me through my day! <3

Heather UK
    27681614.png
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    Jog- 31.27min, 8.28ap or minute mile, 7.0-7.5speed, 3.71mi
    Other- weed wack ocean lot
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Carey ... That boy of yours is going to make someone a special husband (if he isn't already) ... He's already a special son!
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Katla49: I'm sorry for the misspelling of your name. I think my phone auto corrected it.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dia_nruf wrote: »
    Katla49: I'm sorry for the misspelling of your name. I think my phone auto corrected it.

Sssuuurrreeeeee
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well Hello to all you great gals!

I have been having major laptop problems but everything is working at the moment so I can touch base. Sorry this is long – I was saving up (through no choice of my own). I worked yesterday for another girl. I got to see a little different crowd. The mood at the Y is so “blue”. I get tired of people complaining about our closing. It gets me down a bit. I have today off and am just enjoying doing a bit around the house and cuddling with my kitty! Hubby will be home at dinner time so that will be nice for a change.

Sylvia – what a scare with your son. You were his guardian angel that day! So sweet about your StGS. You and hubby are special people. By the way – my cat is named Shirley! Loved the Monkeys quote!

NYBeth (or could I say Buffalo Beth) – loved you picture too! I haven’t commented about my “girls” – yes they are disappearing. I’m pretty sure I will end up a 38B but I really don’t want to look like the Grandma in the bikini so little is okay!

Michele – Did you say your snail was on LSD? oh, dear! It sounds really cute! You keep mentioning the Green Room and I want to know what that is! Please tell me. Is it the room behind “The Green Door”? Remember that song?

Kim – so good to hear that you feel stronger and better.

Heather – good job sticking to your workouts, meal plans, and alcohol limits! I second the comment about publicizing your book. Do you realize how few people in the world are talented and determined enough to be a published author? You are special!

Alison – Thank you for sharing your FB post with us. Such touching words.

Lillian – 1 pound to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katla – It sounds like you have a great deal of self-awareness. Your journey has been challenging.

Pip – Vroooooom! to your heart’s content. Just look out Tacoma, here she comes! Good feeling to be the “expert” at the gym!

Carey – enjoyed the Alice Walker quote. Your son sounds so tender and thoughtful. I think your compliments show that taking better care of ourselves shows to others more than what the scales say.

Janet – I always enjoy what you say to others and usually think “ditto”. That’s what I was going to say. You gave us a very good thought for the day. THANKS!

To all – Take the OPPORTUNITY to have a great day and weekend. I am thinking of all of you.

Toni in beautiful, green Tennessee

April Goals
    BP and BS every day
    Log every bite and swallow
    Contact 3 teacher friends each week
    Walk 6,000 steps each day
    No eating after dinner
    “Let go and let God”
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh - I forgot one thing.

Dr.Katiebug - I got my very first teaching job in Jan. of '71 when a pregnant gal was put on bed rest. Ended up with two days notice. Scary for me and the kids! What a year! Your sub situation brought up some sweet memories. You will do a fantastic job!

Joyce - The girl who is tutoring your son may be asking for cash because of a bad experience. I did some tutoring on my own one summer and kept getting bad checks and "I'll pay you next time NO SHOWS" So I always said if I did it again I would ask for cash up front and make it a real commitment for parents. Just a thought!

Now "bye" everybody!
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    dia_nruf wrote: »
    Mine always changes Katla's name, too!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I find it hilarious that the day I make my diary public is the day that I'm eating like crap!!!! Lolololl
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    stunning day here in Connecticut, made it 13,000 steps.. my heel is bothering me so have my brace on my foot...
    We went down to the shore and had fish and chips, always yummy,but we have both decided that next time we will buy one meal and split it..
    just took a shower and am in my jammies and it feels good..
    did stop on the way home from the shore to give my DSIL mom her evening pills and make her some dinner.. she is a retired teacher and loves to read, so she was lying down reading when I got there.. Sean and Jean are over in RI at the beach staying overnight.. Sean is Faith's primary caretaker as Jean works an hour and a 1/2 away..so it all works out...figured I would help them out and give them some time away...
    going grocery shopping in the am, and it will be mostly me so will get stuff I like, going to try and go cold turkey on sugar or sugar laden anything..salads, veggies,chicken beans brown rice.. sweet potatoes, and fruit and some nuts
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    SSC1958 wrote: »
    Allison: I appreciate your fb post. It had me in tears. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Katla: You mentioned that you are handling stress differently. Any suggestions that you can share?
    Carey-Edmonton

Carey: Most of my recent stress arises from things happening to DH. He has a number of physical challenges that come from autoimmune diseases and his own lack of effort to follow through with PT. I have no control over any of this. I can’t impact the autoimmune diseases OR his behavior. I had a big meltdown last summer and fall, and ultimately found a new balance.

Now, I focus on me and make it a priority to eat healthy foods within my calorie allotment and to exercise. I really try to live following the goals you see at the bottom of each post. I’m doing better with exercise now that I go to a gym 5 days most weeks. Three days are for me, and two with my neighbor. I don’t do a perfect job of it, but I’m doing well enough for now. Counting calories keeps me in control of what I eat. The goal of having fun every day gives me a reason to do nice things for myself. The yoga classes and riding lessons I do for fun keep me happy and motivated.

Advice? Make yourself a priority. Focus on health and having fun for at least a little while as often as possible, preferably every day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Is Sunday here and my Rest and Re-feed day. making pancakes for dessert with blueberries. Food = 1908, not bad
    Going for a drive and walk with Blaize.
    Yesterday Stan, Blaize and I walked around our own walking tracks. Making new memories and Blaize enjoyed it but we would NOT let him swim in river. mad dog
    I am getting my spreadsheets ready for Tom Venuto's 98 day challenge and will read his book again to inspire me again. He says to take Sundays ans a rest and re-feed day and enjoy family time and I do now.
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Mostly just saving my place...

I didn't get to sleep until after 4 AM this morning. I ended up taking a nap mid morning until early afternoon which made me feel much more rested.

I began cooking my dinner tonight, and realized that what I thought was a bag of spinach, was an unknown green leafy thing. I treated it as if it were spinach anyway and had it in a salad with cucumbers and tomatoes. It was very good. I also had some kale which I'm not particularly fond of. I did find a recipe that I really do like though! It is a roasted kale with garlic and was very yummy!

I am going to try to go to bed early tonight to see if maybe I can get back in a routine of going to sleep and getting up on time. I've done well with it but I'm still not sleeping well. I have to work at one of my jobs tomorrow evening so I'm not looking forward to that. I'll be glad when it is done for this month!

Good night!

Carol in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Here are the two jokes for today:

:)

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.

After explaining the commandment to "honor thy father and thy mother," she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy answered: "Thou shall not kill."

:D

A man visits his psychiatrist and talks about being haunted by visions of his departed relatives. He says; these ghosts are perched on the tops of fence posts around my garden every night. They sit there and watch me and watch me. What can I do?

The psychiatrist says; that's easy … just sharpen the tops of the posts.

:D
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Katie
    , I totally understand how you feel about people from another part of your life, not knowing everything we share on here. This is a very intimate group and especially to be on the internet. I just don’t share most of this stuff with people I know in other areas of my life. You guys are just very special. <3

Heather, I found your books. Thanks. Did you say some of the ones listed aren’t yours? And if so, is there another author with the same name? About you being publicity shy, I say “If ya got it, flaunt it”. ;)

Toni TN, I often want to say “ditto” also. In fact, I think I did one time. Don’t let them get you down when “they” complain about the Y closing. Yes, it’s a bummer but I think you need to come up with something positive to say back to them. Rather than them bringing you down, maybe you can bring them up? I know you’re going to miss it and the people there, but think of the new friends you will have the opportunity to meet.

Pip. You know by that post, we all had to look at your diary. LOL

Allison, so nice of you to give your DSIL’s mom her pills so they could get away. I’m sure your kindness will come back to you with something good for you.

Katla, great explanation of your stresses. I’m just so happy that you finally realized you must put you as a priority.

Lesley, I can’t believe you are so mean to that sweet Blaize and won’t let him go swimming. I’m sure he still enjoys the walks. I’m so glad ya’ll have each other.

Carol, you sure have me wondering what the unknown green leafy thing was? I have never even tried kale and very rarely see it in the stores here. I hope you and I both get a good night’s sleep tonight. I’ve gotten to where I just can’t go to sleep when I try to take a nap.

Sylvia, funny ones again. I’m getting out my fence post sharpener right now.

Before we went to Costco, I cut my hair and took a shower. My allergies have been so bad that I have stopped wearing eye liner, so putting on my makeup goes very fast. I’ve worn full makeup for years and years, but figured no one other than me would know the difference with my glasses covering my eyes. I just put the eye shadow a little darker near the eye.

I hope all your stresses are less and your blessing plentiful. <3

Thought for the day.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC