WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    catcamx3 wrote: »
    I have a question about this app: If I don't exercise in a particular day I accumulate "burned calories" for steps throughout the day. However, if I input a particular exercise and burn, say, 200 calories I get no credit for my steps. Does anyone know why or if I can change it? Thanks!

Probably the only thing you can do is create your own cardio entry for the step calories you've accumulated and enter it manually at the end of the day.

• barbiecat
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Feedback desired please!
    My husband (of 10 years, this is a second for both of us) complains regularly & bitterly about my exercising (abandoning him, what's the use anyway, weekends should be his time, just going off to play with my friends blah, blah, blah) & this is something I was doing when we met and throughout. He knows of my health conditions, trying to lose wt, & he himself refuses to join or participate in any joint activities.

I need something that will stop this once and for all.
    Thank you, Linda in Calif

:) There is probably no way to stop it once and for all, but some suggestions are to tell him you love him but you need time to do some things for yourself. Don't let his complaining stop you. Just keep coming from a place of love.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Feedback desired please!
    My husband (of 10 years, this is a second for both of us) complains regularly & bitterly about my exercising (abandoning him, what's the use anyway, weekends should be his time, just going off to play with my friends blah, blah, blah) & this is something I was doing when we met and throughout. He knows of my health conditions, trying to lose wt, & he himself refuses to join or participate in any joint activities.

I need something that will stop this once and for all.
    Thank you, Linda in Calif

I agree with Barbie. I suspect you can't stop him "once and for all." If he stops, it will be his doing. In the meanwhile, you'll just have to continue to do what you need to do in order to be healthy. You can invite him to join your quest for better health.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,683 Member
    Options
    Katla- your spin seat should be at around your hip bone when you're standing beside it. when u r peddling, your leg should never be fully extended, if it is, you can hyper extend your leg and hurt yourself. on the down stroke when pedaling, you should have a slight bend at your knee.

when you pedal fast, your butt shouldn't be bouncing up and down as you pedal, you could use to make it a bit harder, that's what we call free-wheeling it. you don't want it so hard that you can't pedal a full stroke and keep it going. if your bike has an rpm meter on it, you don't want to go below 65rpm, if you are, then u have the gear too hard for you. hope that helps.

i just got home. been running around since this morning. i didn't do as much cardio as i normally do. did more floor exercises this time.

stats for the day:
    Rowing machine- 20min, 283aw 5592meters (think machine needs 2b re calibrated)
    Floor-other- roll-ups 3sts of 15, hamst leg lifts 3sts 45 (ea leg)1min plank 3sts, squats 3sts toes/down, toe squats, 1-30sec 1-35sec 1-1.30min
    Rope pull -15min 86ftpmin 1586ft lvl7 midset
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - beautiful dog! I had 2 of them very good tempered.

Katla - thanks for the good wishes. Still no resolution. The guy my DH talked to said that he would look into it. Have fun today with your DH no matter what you do!

Heather - you definitely can't waste good wine! Congratulations to your team!

Chris - I love picnics!

Selena - that is a fantastic picture! Cute DGS!

Yanniejannie - thank you! I am so sorry about your friend and her husband. That is a very difficult situation for friends to be in. Your friend is probably over raught with sadness. That is probably why she didn't answer the phone. (((Hugs)))

Linda in California - I asked my DH advice from a man's point of view. We both agreed that it sounded like he wants to spend time with you. My DH said to talk to him and tell him to pick a time and call it our time when the 2 of you take an event just spend time together. take turns deciding what the activity will be. and both will have to go along willingly. you may have to have a free day from exercise to be with him and whatever activity he chooses. And he will feel that you are really hearing what he is saying. and he is important it is making sense he is saying that you are important to him to spend time with you. we have date night where we actually go out and do things once a week. at our marriage seminar they suggest every night should be a date night even if it is sitting on the couch talking. they suggest no distractions no TV just see each other maybe a game.

Still no resolution with the phone! I can't believe that a telephone company can't trace back to who was talking to us and who give us that resolution. have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday here and my rest and re-feed day. Just had Stan's bacon and eggs Sunday Brunch. We are taking Blaize for a run out and walk.
    I read Tom's book again yesterday and plugged the P/F/C into my spread sheet, I can eat between 1600 and 1900 cals. Today is 1721. Protein is low as usual for Sunday and Carb's high. 2 Carman protein bar for lunch argh.
    I did the 10 minutes of Bob's Ripped Core yesterday and need to go onto his 1 hour one.
    One thing I learned from Tom is SUNDAY is FAMILY time. Time to re-feed and enjoy the day. Only exercise 6 days a week as muscles need to REST.
    So for May 98 day challenge: Food = 1600 to 1900, protein 160 to 213 g, carbs 100 to 120 g, fat 53 to 63 g. Need to sort food out and keep to it, train 6 days a week and LOSE FAT%
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Not much time left in April...I'm new to mfp....hi y'all!!! I'm Valerie from NC...originally from PA....I am a walkaholic....put real effort into losing weight starting last December....so far 36 lbs down and trying to stay motivated! Hope I can add something to the group! Looking forward to being supportive in return!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just wrote a very long post, responding to everyone and I lost it all! I went to another tab to look up trumpet creeper and when I came back my post was gone!

Jannie, it's not a trumpet vine/creeper. We have those too. This one has a bunch of very long narrow delicate tubes - bright red - arranged in sort of a circle around the stem. Very strange plant.
    Update: I think I found it.
    http://www.greatgardenplants.com/flowering-vines/trumpet-honeysuckle/lonicera-major-wheeler?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=CELL55CA-W&kpid=lonmw1q&gclid=CjwKEAjw9uypBRD5pMDYtsKxvXcSJACcb9AYVmMsv8JdGEiFD5mbB9o0bt-qC4d0SoNVWBPtankuzhoCLTbw_wcB

Good night everyone!

Sylvia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of challenges. Tomorrow's plan is to do a yoga for strength and flexibility DVD.

Made brownies to take to ceramics. They're celebrating everyone who had a birthday in the month of April and I know that this one guy really likes these brownies. I made them for Mexican Train once and his wife asked me for the recipe because he liked them so much. I also made some lemonade cookies for this one gal whose birthday is next Sunday. I'll take them to mahjongg this Monday

Toni - I don't know if they had a high school reunion or not, but if they did I wasn't interested in going. I did go to my grade school reunion. Well, I spent 8 years with those kids, only 4 with the kids I went to high school with. And during the time I was in high school, another high school closed so I spent only 2 years with some other kids. I really don't feel close to them. So I wasn't about to go out of my way to go to a reunion that really didn't interest me

Sounds like a transporter could take us to lots of fantastic places. Don't forget Tasmania! Would the transporter also transport a vehicle?

Cynthia - one of the ladies who runs the ceramics place straightened out the (I really don't know what to call it) the things coming down from the nose. Why one gal gave me a rounded toothpick to use when I found out they have flat toothpicks, that I don't know. Of course, using the rounded toothpick made a thicker (in some spots) line. She "straightened" them out for me. I called to tell her the color of the head thinking that she might need that for touch up (she probably didn't but I know that I sure would have). I think she thought I was asking her to paint the head for me, which was a very good thing. Really, the shoulders are a bit streaky still but that's not as evident.

Alison - I had one bladder infection and didn't know that's what it was until someone told me. Boy, was it painful

Margaret - enjoy the concert!

MMinMD - awesome!!!!

Chris - fingers and toes crossed for you. SCORE on those jeans!

pip
    - of course I know that you're kidding! You're always kidding!

katla - I do know that I definitely want to paint the turtle's toenails a bright color. Just not sure what color yet, but I do want those toes painted....lol

Kim - Bryan had a red eared slider, then when he was in Korea Jessica took care of him. She eventually let him loose in this pond at a museum near us. The turtle was HUGE. We found out that red eared sliders get big. So what if you don't have chairs for 30? I can sit on the floor, that's OK with me

Pat - did you know that there's a business called "The Painted Turtle"? Well, I need to finish the snail first, then I'll work on the turtle. Just trying to get ideas. I liked Joyce's idea of making sure the toenails are painted.

Linda - I don't even know if this is feasible, but what if your doctor talked to your hubby and told him how you needed to do this? No matter what I said, if a doctor said it (even tho it was exactly what I said), suddenly it was next to gospel for FIL (even dh sometimes) I like Mary's advice

Valerie - I'm in NC from PA, too. What part of NC are you in? Congrats on the great weight loss

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Ladies,

Barbie, I think it’s great that Jake is taking his eating plan so seriously. Especially if you get to benefit from it. 

Yannie, so glad Gemma got to go to the dog park. I’m sure she is sorry that she was a bad girl, even if she didn’t know that she was when she ran.

Carol, you add that pizza to your log!!! If you are going to enjoy it, you should at least log it. Lol

Michele, I saw a red/white/blue turtle on line and it looked great. I think you’d like that. Talking about “knee slapping”, we went with a group to see A Tuna Christmas one year and it was the funniest play I have ever seen. We were all crying, we were laughing so hard. If any of you ever get a chance to see it, don’t miss it. Dang you must be in great shape for a stair stepper to not phase you. You go girl!

Toni, I think it would be fantastic if we could all meet up someplace. I know I would love to meet everyone. Maybe Vegas would be a somewhat central location for the US ladies. And a fun place too. Sorry, there is not a central location for the worldly members of the losers. Kim you would have to come so you could cook for us. 

Yannie, I’m looking at your post at 1 am. What time did you finally get to sleep? I’m like you in that I stayed in touch with my HS friends that were friends and the rest can stay in the past.

Mary, your DH is the family cook and owned his own restaurant? How cool. DH does probably ½ of the cooking here but much of it is what I taught him or is self-learned. No gourmet but not bad. Glad you had a good date night. Aren’t they fun? We are lucky to have very special hubbies. Be sure to include in the transport to Kim’s cooking.

Joyce, you are rockin’ those scales. Woo Hoo!!! Send me some of what you are doing/eating! But I’m happy with my ½ pound since yesterday. Gosh you have lots of dishes, and those from Grands aren’t something you want to get rid of. Glad you are getting the other cabinet. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there were a transport and we could all just flit around visiting. Retirement offers the time for more travel but not necessarily the money for travel.

Mary, talking about being up late?? Your post was after 2 am, and even if that was Eastern time, you are still up late. Do you always stay up so late?

Allison, if the doc won’t write you a scrip, call me and I’ll help you knock him around. If he’s really big, we can get Pip to pedal over and help us. So sorry for your infection. What a pain in the ……oh no, you said bladder.

Gilly, it’s nice to get to visit new places. At least you are lucky that there are so many different places within a relatively short distance, when you do want to venture outside your country. Here we definitely have lots of areas within the US that I haven’t been but some are so far away, I might as well be going to a foreign country. I do love getting to know all of you that live different places.

Barbie, sorry you lost your day to yourself, but sounds like it will be a very nice day. If I went to bed at 7:30 I’d be lying there thinking “I want to go to sleep, I want to go to sleep”, for hours. Your pre-dawn walks sound nice but a bit spooky at the same time.

Heather, you are right about your advertising. Every little bit helps. While DH is glued to the TV with his cricket, you might get even more done. I am anxiously awaiting my book that should arrive today.

NMMargaret, your evening sounds lovely. I hope you have a great time.

Sylvia, is there someone to help keep an eye on your son while you are in Spain? I know you will worry about him. I had to laugh because when plants are too big, we cut them back and it just encourages growth. When they aren’t doing much, we cut them back to encourage growth and half the time they die. Go figure. I love those plants with the red flowers. Glad the hummers do too.

MMinMD, wow wee, I guess you did push past a plateau. Fantastic progress. Way to go. Sure wish I could post that. You have to be so proud!!!

Chris, great move on the jeans. And especially the size! Don’t you just love days like that?

Mary, have you had any showings on the house? Hopefully it will pick up now that the weather is getting nicer.

Heather, you are so talented. Writing, cooking and who knows what else? I just got my book in the mail. Only read the first page an so far so good.  When we are flitting around the world in our “transporter” I’ll bring it so you can autograph it for me.

Carol, sorry you didn’t get to sleep until late, but know the little ones enjoyed it.

Heather, I’m sitting here smiling and so happy for your DH. Have a drink for me.

Yannie, sorry about your dear friend. Where do you think she went? Do you know for sure that she found out? What a sad situation.

Linda, I wonder if you didn’t exercise, what would you and hubby do together? Is he one that just looks for something to complain about? If you did it even before you married, I can’t imagine him being so upset about it, but maybe it’s just that he feels neglected while you are doing something for yourself. I remember when I was reading all the time, DH let me know that he felt neglected when I always had my head in a book. It wasn't that he didn't want me to read but he just felt alone, even when my body was at home. I started making a special effort to spend time with him and really be with him. Maybe that would help. I wish I had a better suggestion for you but other than a gun but I don’t. Good luck.

Allison, I’m with you on a Port a Potty. I will do just about anything to not have to use one. We went to Atlanta one day when the Olympics was there and I had no choice, but that’s the only time I can remember in 30 years.

Mary, that is just the pits about your phone. I agree, they should have some record of who talked to you. Good luck.

Valerie, welcome. We have a few here from NC. I lived in Charlotte for 17 years before moving to Myrtle Beach. We have a few walkaholics here too, so you will fit right in. This is a great place for motivation. Come often. A big congrats on that 36 lbs. Way to go.

Michele, why would we need a vehicle when we will have the transporter. It can take us anywhere that a vehicle could. Right? LOL I don’t know how you find time to exercise and bake and all the things you do. I’m duly impressed, my friend.

I had a lovely lunch with my other BFF today. She has so many family problems that it is sometimes exhausting to be with her, but my heart goes out to her. Tomorrow we have installation of officers and then home for a few days. I’m tired and may not be awake long, but I want to get started on Heather’s book that I got today. Pip, I’ll save all the dirty words for you.

I hope all you special ladies have a terrific day.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • catcamx3
    catcamx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Katla49 and barbiecat tanks for the info. Guess it's not me. I'll input 20 mins of slow pace walking for steps. Thanks
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello gals,
    I have quickly read through 40+ posts and didn't take notes.

Was it Kim who asked where I went to high school? I grew up in central Kansas. Went to HS there. I moved to TN after I married a southern guy in 1981. I have a sister in Kansas that I visit once a year now. She has metastatic breast cancer. I would go more often if I could afford it. Janet is right that retirement brings the time to travel but not the $$$. I think our reunion will be in the Fall of '17 so I might do 2 visits that year.

Cindy and Joyce - congrats on the great progress!

Katla - take care of those knees! and Alison - hope you are better soon. Pizza sounds delish!

Heather - glad hubby is happy. My DH just about can't watch his favorite teams because he gets upset with them when they don't do well. He totally internalizes his frustration. Our NFL team has been so pitiful the last 2 years we haven't even wanted to watch them.

Sylvia - Can't you just work on the transporter while you are doing your drafting jobs? We are all here for inspiration!

Janet - never been to Vegas. Sounds fun. I think Sylvia's seems the most central location for us US girls. How about it Sylvia? After you return from Madrid we all show up at your studio for some fun with clay! I could sneak on up to Hutch to see my sis. Maybe I could ride double and Pip would take me there on her bike!

Time for bed. This was the first of my 6 straight days.

TNToni
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am up way past bedtime but I wanted to mark my place. Ladies, I, the introvert if all introverts, have been out to social occasions for two nights straight! I had loads of fun at both, but will probably spend tomorrow alone to recharge. They were both "eating occasions" so I will be doing lots of walking, too!

I've read/skimmed everything but too groggy to respond individually. Good night!

Carol in damp NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who didn't sleep well last night so will be a short post. Well for me it will be short.

Mary Minnesota, i have never watched a single episode of Rd. Who but most of my family does. I am also a member of another forum and several of them are in the UK so it is a big discussion there. My SIL is a huge Dr Who nut, So my other daughter bought him a Tardis cookie jar. In a town close to theirs a small small town grocery store has a Tardis in it. A lot of people go there just to get their picture. Last eyar for Halloween, they all went as Dr. Who characters.

Cynthia, I absolutely love that pond, the yard and the house. I could just spend hours sitting there listening to the quiet.

Heather, I guess I was sleeping while reading and I missed where you were going. I tried to google Lincoln, UK and chandeliers and all I got was some shop that sold them. I have never watched Master Chef. So will this man who is a single dad have to give up that kind of life to have his own show or go on tour. I hope it is a monetary prize.

MMinMD, the slow and steady wins the race. We are not a BIggest Loser show here. You're doing wonderful

Jane, how are you and your Mom doing today???

Selena, great picture of your son or is it son in law? He looks very intense.

Sylvia, If you find a remedy to those ants, please let me know. I can tell where those buggars are coming from. But they are getting smart now. They used to come from the sliding door to our deck and come in the room right to the cat food bowl or any food they can find, or just to look. But now they are coming from the door, then going right along the wall instead of out onto the floor. Then they go right along the edge of the breakfast bar. When I am spraying them, they go up the wall.My husband thinks that when he eats his peanut butter and jelly on a spoon that he can just put the spoon in the sink. My daughter uses borax but for the life of me I can not find it in the store. Last year she gave me these little pods that have borax in them. She uses them with complete success. Well in my house they just walked over them to get to the food. I have tried the cinnamon with no luck, powdered sugar/baking soda mix with no results. That is supposed to make their bodies explode! I guess the chalk line is next.

Valerie, welcome. 36 pounds since starting in December!!!! You are a strong woman. When I think of all the times huge amounts of food are offered, given during that time. Christmas, New Years eve, Valentines Day, Easter. That's a lot of temptation. And you have surpassed the 1/2 point in your goal. Good job.

Well no weight loss for me today. But that's OK. I know I shouldn't be weighing every day anyway. I have been riding my recumbent bike about 7 miles (according to the bike, not fitbit) everyday this week. But today I was so sore, add that to sleeping terribly this week and I barely got a mile in. About bedtime now. Were supposed to have very heavy storms here today. I think Illinois and Kentucky got the worst and it bypassed us.

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Allison - I'm glad that you enjoyed the car show! SICILIAN pizza? What is that like?

Michele - tell us more about the brownies...are they frosted? Now I want a one! I would love to transport to Tasmania too! Lesley makes it sound fascinating.

Janet - I'm in for Vegas! I'm like you I can't sleep. Since menopause and now post menopause I can't turn my brain off, or hot flashes or can't get comfortable...my DH c-pap machine I wear ear pucks now instead of silly putty. We have had a few people look but no offers yet.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Mary from Minn.~ it is a very fattening pizza ,but by gosh it was delish.. it is a very thick crust pizza...
    I know I am just gaining and gaining.. I have to really get back in the swing of it.. while all of you are eating right ,I am slacking and just eating whatever I want and it shows..
    I know y'all love me the way I am,but I have to get on the stick and get it together..
    Tom made it down there around 6:30 last night.. just talked to him and it is already 81 degrees there.. where here it is 32 :s
    I asked what he was going to do today and first he is going for a walk... it is just a beautiful place down there and so when we are down there we walk 2-3 miles in the morning .. and for a man that doesnt ever sit still I think . he might just relax today and go to the pool at least I hope so.. he so deserves it at almost 63 he gets up every morning at 2 a.m. and gets home at 3;30 does his stuff around the house and in bed by 7 pm.. 5 days a week. and with the bathroom reno it has been non stop..
    so with driving for 2 full days I sure hope he rests up.. he can fly back if he wants,he has the ticket. but think he will drive back again..
    I am picking my dad up around noon and we are going to the air museum.. I hope this will be a fun day.. should be because he is such an airlplane buff.. will charge up my camera and take some pictures.. then maybe go out to an early dinner..
    going to check on my DFIL and then stop to see my DB,DSIL will be taking care of Faith in the morning as they going up to New Hampshire overnight..
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

For those of you having problems with ants...I had a problem with them several years ago. I tried the chalk, Ms. Dog just licked it up so that didn`t work, I tried Bay Leaves, that didn`t work. Then someone told me if I could find where they were coming in, take a little slice of raw garlic and put it there...solved my problem, haven`t had ants since! They are annoying little creatures in the house :# !

Pip :) I`m sorry your dog has low thyroid, so do I and it`s a pain!!!

Cynthia :) I love the pic of your fur baby shaking the water off his fur!!! It looks like a great place to relax!

Jane :) Hope you and your mother are feeling better :flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie :) So sorry to hear about your friend!!! So much I want to say, but none of it seems very appropriate for the internet. What a lousy excuse of a man :/ !

Alison :) Hope you feel better soon <3 !

It`s my morning for having coffee with the boys...putting on my tiara and bossing the boys this morning...I love it o:) !

Sending good wishes to all!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in rainy and cold NC

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,340 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!

Just watching the London Marathon. Need a bucket of tissues, I find it so emotional. A national heroine and world record holder Paula Radcliffe was running a swangsong race as she is retiring. Teary! :cry: I also love watching all the ordinary runners who are doing it for charity.

DH is at cricket. I gave him a lift and went on to my favourite food/clothes store. M&S. Bought lovely breads, fish and fruit. They had no sesame bagels so baked some specially for me and then came to find me with them! Service! They do a delicious German rye bread.

Joyce - it was Gilly who was going to Lincoln. I have been there before. It was the cathedral I was talking sbout. Magnificent!
    I don't know what the Masterchef champion is going to do. He wants a professional career in food. The top chefs were falling over themselves to praise his talents. Certainly hard to combine with family life. His youngest is only 6.

Mary - Watford is not MY team! ! ! :noway: My team is Arsenal, near where we lived for 40 years. My DS#2 is a diehard fan.
    It was lovely yesterday because people were texting and telephoning DH. <3 He is still a happy bunny!

Janet - DH goes to cricket at the county ground. He is a member. Matches last 4 days! Test matches (international) last 5 days. :ohwell: It's a bit cloudy today, but dry.

Yanniejannie - so often people split up or have affairs after a traumatic thing like that. I suppose they just want some relief from the pain. Very sad. I expect, like me with my cancer friend, you wish she could have felt able to confide in you and turn to you. I know I want to be of help to my friend and it was good to have a long chat with her the other day. She was upset that the hospital didn't break the bad news to her more tactfully. The consultant, who looked about 10, said it was "an incremental step down". When she questioned that bit of jargon the doctor was very defensive. Luckily she is going on holiday to Dubai on Thursday for a few days. The son who is getting married in September is working out how soon they can start trying for a baby so that it won't "show" on the wedding day. My friend is mixed race, her son is black and his fiancée is Asian hindu. It's going to be a grand Hindu wedding! ! ! ! !

Might try and make whale, a crab and an octopus today for the cake decorations. :bigsmile:

Lots of love, Heather x UK
    27681614.png
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lying awake at 4am, I started thinking. Does FaceTime or Skype let you have conversations with more than one person at a time? Or how about a thing called Go To Meeting? I've seen that advertised but dont know much about it. Anyway, what if we picked a recipe and we all made it in our own kitchens and at some appointed hour we connected on some kind of video chat and showed what we made and tried it out and discussed the results. Or we each made a different recipe. Or we just video chatted with no recipe at all. Wouldn't that be fun?

I never got back to sleep, so I'm sorry if that makes no sense. It seemed brilliant at 4am.

Update:
    Apparently there are several free alternatives to GoToMeeting. One is Google Hangouts. This will need more research.

Too tired to write more now. I hope you are all having a great day.

Sylvia
  • barbiecat
    Options
    smiley-sleep012.gifI didn't achieve my early bedtime easily. It was done in baby steps just like everything else that I've achieved over the last few years. I used to walk the dogs at dawn for about 20 minutes and gradually increased the time. When I wanted to be able to walk them longer in the morning, I tried going to bed a little bit earlier so I could get up a bit earlier to walk them longer. The gradual change resulted in the schedule I have now of getting to bed earlier. My neighborhood is perfect for walking early. I wouldn't do it anywhere else.

smiley-happy110.gifIf I go traveling with all of you on the transporter, we won't be sitting around talking or eating, we'll be out walking. Can I bring the poodles with me on the transporter?

<3 Barbie