Vegan hate

Options

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    frootbabe wrote: »
    Fair enough, I wasn't implying that it my 'responsibility' but just that if you're choosing to be part of something, you should be educated

Again this is why, OP, we really don't need to be educated. You want to be Vegan, vegetarian..anything, just enjoy your life and stay out of others.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I wasn't implying that it my 'responsibility' but just that if you're choosing to be part of something, you should be educated

That's the point. It's not up to you to determine what people should, and should not, be educated about. Or to assume that meat eaters haven't educated themselves. It's that condescending attitude that turns people off...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I wasn't implying that it my 'responsibility' but just that if you're choosing to be part of something, you should be educated.

Edited to make more clear: If I am able to help and they are open to hearing it/curious I'd be glad to help

Or, what if those people ARE educated on the subject and their food source.

TomsMindBlown.gif
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    If I felt guilty about eating meat and/or killing tasty animals, I wouldn't have shot all those Bambis, Thumpers and <insert cute cartoon squirrel name>s

If YOU feel guilty about this, fine, but don't assume we all do.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    LydiaZ36 wrote: »
    I am going to tell you why. A lot of people will disagree, but this is true. Subconscious guilt is why. You don't have to say one word, but immediately, they assume you are attacking them in your head. They assume you are judging them silently, and they begin to defend themselves out loud to the attack you NEVER made. They feel the need to tell you why it is ok to eat animals when you NEVER said one stinking word about it. I've been vegetarian since 1999 and have listened to more attacks about why I should be eating meat then the other way around BY FAR. Are there preachy vegetarians? Sure, but there are way more meat eaters that will attack you for eating meat. Every once in a bit, I've had someone confess in a conversation like this, yes, I do feel bad about it, but I don't have the will power. Well, there you go...

as soon as they say something like "animals were put on earth for us to use" or "mmmm murder i love bacon mmm i eat so many cows" you better believe im judging them as trash but hey im a meanie :D

s3oehc7lg12d.gif
  • paperfrost
    paperfrost Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I think a lot of it boils down to envy that you've made a conscious choice to better your lifestyle or make a change that you feel benefits the world that a lot of people don't have the discipline to carry through with.

I envy vegans too to some degree for their capacity to modify their diets to that degree, but I don't allow it to feed an inferiority complex. Keep doing what you're doing and hold your chin up!
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    I raise adorable little goats to eat. They ARE tasty. As well as the chickens. And deer. And Turkey...

Meet Dinner. :-)

f5n5gk8z0ka1.jpg
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    paperfrost wrote: »
    I think a lot of it boils down to envy that you've made a conscious choice to better your lifestyle or make a change that you feel benefits the world that a lot of people don't have the discipline to carry through with.

I envy vegans too to some degree for their capacity to modify their diets to that degree, but I don't let that feed an inferiority complex. Keep doing what you're doing and hold your chin up!

XAxaV.gif
  • BigEdge
    BigEdge Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I raise adorable little goats to eat. They ARE tasty. As well as the chickens. And deer. And Turkey...

f5n5gk8z0ka1.jpg

he'll look great roasted and on a plate!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say this have never crossed my mind. So nope.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options

f5n5gk8z0ka1.jpg
    You're a horrible person.
    BTW what kind of wine goes well with that? I'll pick up a bottle on my way over for dinner.

• looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Envy? No.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

f5n5gk8z0ka1.jpg

oh how could you be friends with that cute goat and then eat it. I bet you gave them a name too.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

f5n5gk8z0ka1.jpg

wow what an original post ive never seen a carnivore respond this way to veganisim in all my years you must be some kind of revolutionary fighting the good fight against all evil vegans not murdering animals to satisfy their stomachs!! wow much bravery

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    I actually spent three weeks force feeding him every two hours so he didn't die, he is an orphan. His name is Spice, his twin sister is Sugar. :-D
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I envy vegans too to some degree for their capacity to modify their diets to that degree, but I don't allow it to feed an inferiority complex. Keep doing what you're doing and hold your chin up!

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    i havent met a real life vegan before but if i do i would ask a few questions and then let them be. dont see why any rudeness needs to be involved
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    cat-fight3.gif

perfect example of why the buzz cut is the military standard.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    I actually spent three weeks force feeding him every two hours so he didn't die, he is an orphan. His name is Spice, his twin sister is Sugar. :-D

he is too cute. looks so soft and cuddly.