Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    frootbabe wrote: »
    Fair enough, I wasn't implying that it my 'responsibility' but just that if you're choosing to be part of something, you should be educated

That's the point. It's not up to you to determine what people should, and should not, be educated about. Or to assume that meat eaters haven't educated themselves. It's that condescending attitude that turns people off...

I'm just here to point out that you tried to educate a lady on how to use the quote function here.......... I agree that she's terrible at using it, but do you even irony, bro?

Well, she is in a forum posting and I assume she wants people to read her posts so I was trying to help. But, fair enough.

I still don't see that as the level of annoying of a vegan lecturing a meat eater about the evils of meat eating.

Also, I'm not a bro....

True story
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    paperfrost wrote: »
    jnichel wrote: »
    No, I'm assuming that they cut it out because of a variety of reasons; mostly because they don't like what the animals are put through. They do it because the thought of eating meat disgusts them, regardless of what their taste buds may have told them. So, in fact, they're giving something up that repulses them. That's not discipline; that's not doing something that you hate.

Your analogy argued that a food that you did not want (McDonalds), if removed from your diet, could not be considered dedication/discipline.

I personally am repulsed by the treatment of animals in factory farms, but I choose not to think of it as I'm enjoying my yogurt. I have the utmost respect for people who act on their beliefs and choose not to endorse practices they disagree with.

Ultimately I have to move along with my day, so I'll be heading off. Take care!

Having respect for people's decisions =/= being envious over said decisions or the discipline it takes to see them through.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    My animals live very, very happy lives, they are very well cared for and I do not cause them any pain or suffering, ever. They are loved in life... and in death.

P.S. I lived the vegetarian lifestyle for 5 years.

lol

86bapd051wmw.gif

If you don't believe that, I'll guess you've never been on a family farm before....just typ'n.

And people talk about being educated...

actually one of my moms best friends has a family farm and she knows exactly what i think of it :)

So, than you don't like people taking care of their animals?

at some point, would even a natural pest deterrent for plants to be eaten be frowned upon for being insensitive to animals. Even the "pest" label seems judgmental.

Black widows, rattlesnakes, boll weevils, and army worms gotta eat too...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    No, I'm assuming that they cut it out because of a variety of reasons; mostly because they don't like what the animals are put through. They do it because the thought of eating meat disgusts them, regardless of what their taste buds may have told them. So, in fact, they're giving something up that repulses them. That's not discipline; that's not doing something that you hate.

Your analogy argued that a food that you did not want (McDonalds), if removed from your diet, could not be considered dedication/discipline.

I personally am repulsed by the treatment of animals in factory farms, but I choose not to think of it as I'm enjoying my yogurt. I have the utmost respect for people who act on their beliefs and choose not to endorse practices they disagree with.

Having respect for people's decisions =/= being envious over said decisions or the discipline it takes to see them through.

No, that just means they were trying to speak for everyone when it's actually only themselves who is actually envious.
  • PRMinx
    Options

No, that just means they were trying to speak for everyone when it's actually only themselves who is actually envious.

Precisely.

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think the vegan hate follows the "10% of the people cause 90% of the problem" analogy. Meaning, the majority of people (like vegans or meat eaters for example), live their lives with their own choices, not really caring or trying to find some need to be a jerk/impart wisdom on unsuspecting people/make comments.

A small percentage of people have caused the bad reputation. Whether it's vegans telling me I'm causing pain to animals when I eat a steak... or carnivores throwing the always popular argument, "animals were put on this earth to be muh dinner. 'Muica".

Unless they ask, no one really cares why someone else's diet is touted to be so much more superior to theirs. It's like politics and religion... keep it to your own damn self, and everyone will be happy as pigs in a sty.

Personally, I am a grown *kitten* woman. And if I want to have a plate of bacon, I'm hoping to order that without a side of guilt. Just like if someone else wants to get their vegan on, they should be able to throw back Seitan meatballs without getting ridiculed.

Damn.

Also relevant... this car parks on my street, in front of my apartment. THIS is horseshit and if you do this, you're an a'hole. I don't care what you eat.

hv7mICr.jpg

My apologies for being a grumpus. I'm a bit hangry at the moment.
  • PRMinx
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I think the vegan hate follows the "10% of the people cause 90% of the problem" analogy. Meaning, the majority of people (like vegans or meat eaters for example), live their lives with their own choices, not really caring or trying to find some need to be a jerk/impart wisdom on unsuspecting people/make comments.

A small percentage of people have caused the bad reputation. Whether it's vegans telling me I'm causing pain to animals when I eat a steak... or carnivores throwing the always popular argument, "animals were put on this earth to be muh dinner. 'Muica".

Unless they ask, no one really cares why someone else's diet is touted to be so much more superior to theirs. It's like politics and religion... keep it to your own damn self, and everyone will be happy as pigs in a sty.

Personally, I am a grown *kitten* woman. And if I want to have a plate of bacon, I'm hoping to order that without a side of guilt. Just like if someone else wants to get their vegan on, they should be able to throw back Seitan meatballs without getting ridiculed.

Damn.

Also relevant... this car parks on my street, in front of my apartment. THIS is horseshit and if you do this, you're an a'hole. I don't care what you eat.

hv7mICr.jpg

My apologies for being a grumpus. I'm a bit hangry at the moment.

OMG I die.

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    I've never met a vegan who didn't try to make me feel bad for eating meat.

Agree.

as I previously stated...you cannot with 100% surety say this, you don't know a damn thing about something like that unless they tell you and if they don't then how would you know, you wouldn't.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I wasn't implying that it my 'responsibility' but just that if you're choosing to be part of something, you should be educated

That's the point. It's not up to you to determine what people should, and should not, be educated about. Or to assume that meat eaters haven't educated themselves. It's that condescending attitude that turns people off...

I'm just here to point out that you tried to educate a lady on how to use the quote function here.......... I agree that she's terrible at using it, but do you even irony, bro?

Lol
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

Lol

Please don't quote me. I have a mutual with non-bro and it's causing strife. Thanks in advance
  • _John_
    Options

Lol

Please don't quote me. I have a mutual with non-bro and it's causing strife. Thanks in advance

what_now.jpg
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why vegetarians and vegans have no problem eating plants? Are they not alive? Do they not spawn?
  • PRMinx
    Options
    eLNnt04.gif

But, for realz, no strife.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    I've always wondered why vegetarians and vegans have no problem eating plants? Are they not alive? Do they not spawn?

wnd_0b309c2866e76a052c5b86b4f343307f.jpg
  • _John_
    Options

there are fruititarians now...
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

there are fruititarians now...

I've learned something new. Thank you!
  • PRMinx
    Options
    tumblr_inline_neh6foQXf81r56m25.gif
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    eLNnt04.gif

handshake1.jpg
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

wnd_0b309c2866e76a052c5b86b4f343307f.jpg

<3
  • PRMinx
    Options
    eLNnt04.gif

handshake1.jpg

Hug.gif