Vegan hate

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• horrorghoul
    horrorghoul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    Back in my vegetarian days people made such a big deal out of not eating meat, especially bacon. I never understood it either.

How sick do you get of people asking you where you get you protein and iron from?

Everyday that question comes up. I just ask them back "when was the last time you counted how much protein you got for the day?"
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have been on both sides of the fence. I was a vegetarian/almost vegan for a few years. My mom grew up on a farm, and my aunt is a dairy and beef farmer, and there was just not any acceptance. "Each a big chunk of meat. Then you'll be satisfied." "Have a couple of eggs and some bacon." "You know your brother is doing Paleo." People just could not let me be even when I wasn't telling anyone to stop eating meat.

On the other hand, my vegan friend really drove me crazy, constantly having to be accommodated and making her personal philosophy front and center in a million different ways. She would be upset about leather chairs, animal heads on the walls, restaurants that didn't meet her needs. Her way of living was always presented as superior. As much as she would preach about being a vegan, she had a sugar addiction and would eat sweets made with butter. She always felt really guilty about that. As a vegan, she was constantly on the lookout for all of the violations of her personal philosophy, and this seemed to suck the joy right out of her.

But, I get it. I totally get the beauty of not harming any living creature, even a bug. In her case the passion for animals runs so deep I think it is hard for her to be any other way. But, I don't spend a lot of time with her because it is so exhausting.

Obviously, the person I am describing is unique and not representative in any way of all vegans. It is just an example of how people can become obsessed with their own philosophy (whether it is Paleo, CICO, Vegan, Low-Carb) and impose it on others.

In the end, no one seems to like it very much when other people push their philosophy of living on them. So vegans, meat-eaters, IIFYM, CICO might consider this when they are keeping company with one another.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    Back in my vegetarian days people made such a big deal out of not eating meat, especially bacon. I never understood it either.

How sick do you get of people asking you where you get you protein and iron from?

Everyday that question comes up. I just ask them back "when was the last time you counted how much protein you got for the day?"

LOL. Everyday.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    As for me, I eat meat, all kinds, hell I would eat that goat that was in an earlier post. My philosophy is simple, let me live my life without your interference, and you can live your lifestyle without my interference.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I often wondered how vegans survive on such a limited diet.

Then I realized they just feed off attention.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I often wondered how vegans survive on such a limited diet.

Then I realized they just feed off attention.
    That was really mean. And also effing brilliant.