Replies

• Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will exercise :happy:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will pretend that my motivation is what it should be. Fake it 'til you make it!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love home made cookies...and also do a lot of 'just for today'.... if the cookie isn't a 9 or 10 out of 10 (10 being a super incredibly delicious cookie) I don't eat it...I've even been known to spit out the bite I took (gross I know). Also if I really really want a cookie I stare at it and try to figure out how guilty I'm going to feel if I eat it... usually really guilty...unless I'm celebrating, it's once in a while (like 2-3 times a month, instead of a week!) and lately if I do eat an amazing (a 9 or a 10) cookie I enjoy every last crumb, I sit down and don't watch tv, or read or do anything but totally immerse myself in the experience.
    A nutritionist got me thinking that I should substitute the feeling of baking cookies (which I love doing) for something else...great advice. When I feel the urge to bake (about once or twice a week) I start playing the piano, sometimes for 5 min sometimes for 30...to 'forget' my urge to bake.... ah... not sure if anyone is reading this...but if they do, hope it helped, and also, it felt good to write it out! ha ha...have a good day
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I love home made cookies...and also do a lot of 'just for today'.... if the cookie isn't a 9 or 10 out of 10 (10 being a super incredibly delicious cookie) I don't eat it...I've even been known to spit out the bite I took (gross I know). Also if I really really want a cookie I stare at it and try to figure out how guilty I'm going to feel if I eat it... usually really guilty...unless I'm celebrating, it's once in a while (like 2-3 times a month, instead of a week!) and lately if I do eat an amazing (a 9 or a 10) cookie I enjoy every last crumb, I sit down and don't watch tv, or read or do anything but totally immerse myself in the experience.
    A nutritionist got me thinking that I should substitute the feeling of baking cookies (which I love doing) for something else...great advice. When I feel the urge to bake (about once or twice a week) I start playing the piano, sometimes for 5 min sometimes for 30...to 'forget' my urge to bake.... ah... not sure if anyone is reading this...but if they do, hope it helped, and also, it felt good to write it out! ha ha...have a good day

I love the suggestion of distracting yourself from baking. I'll have to remember this. I love to bake! Sadly, I have passed that love onto my children and now I have to contend with my 10 year old making cookies.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My favorite 'Just for today' quote from a popular 12 step program...

Just for today, I will try to live through this day only,
    and not tackle my whole life problem
    at once. I can do something for twelve hours
    that would appall me if I felt that I had to
    keep it up for a lifetime.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: Keep moving in the forward direction
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,298 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will fix dinner tonight no matter how tired I am!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will focus on the positive!:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    This thread is starting to feel a little long. How would you all feel about me starting another? Would you come over with me?
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,410 Member
    Options
    I'd join your new thread, CricketKate.

Just for today: I'll look at the positive side of everything.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will exercise.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,410 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will walk past those treats in the other department and not even ask about them.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will work through my stress.
  • splashtree2
    Options
    just for today I'll be at home learning back all i forgot and......just for today...i'll listen my friend's advices....and also tomorrow...and also forever
  • BreakfastSunFitness
    Options
    Just for today I will drink my 8 cups of water
  • BreakfastSunFitness
    Options
    Great quote!
  • BestcanB
    Options
    Just for today I will celebrate the good choices I made rather than throwing away the day and over indulging because I was not 'perfect'!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I will also follow! Why don't you start a group for Just for Today and each month start another thread! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will focus on the positive!:flowerforyou:

I would!:flowerforyou:

Just for Today: I will take back control over my eating.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today: I will remember!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

2cmsq60.jpg