Eliminating bread and rice?

Options

Replies

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    It will depending on your goals -- let's say white bread while losing weight won't help it will get you full yes ,but (for like 45 minutes then you will be hungry again ) now if you eat some wheat bread it will keep you fuller for a longer time.

Isn't wheat bread higher in calories though?

Sometimes, but it's also full of nutrients and it will keep you feeling fuller than white bread. Same with brown rice

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    @MrM27 its a public group, you're welcome to join if you offer intelligent conversation

Why don't you put your thoughts here? Why do we have to join a low carb group?

I have
    It's not a low carb group
    You don't
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Gummy rice sucks.

So does glue-adjacent pathetic "bread" of any stripe.

Well-cooked, delicious versions of both are good additions to a well-balanced diet.

the end.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @MrM27 its a public group, you're welcome to join if you offer intelligent conversation

I have
    You don't
    The only thing you've posted prior to complaining about members was about something being more complex than something else that is complex. Not much of an opinion.

So tell me, do you agree with everything that member said that you told to join your group?

I welcome thoughtful conversation from those I agree and disagree with.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    Complex carbs wear vintage and write poetry, simple carbs wear Ed Hardy and watch the Kardashians.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

I have
    You don't
    The only thing you've posted prior to complaining about members was about something being more complex than something else that is complex. Not much of an opinion.

So tell me, do you agree with everything that member said that you told to join your group?

I'm asking you if you agree or disagree with the post that the member made?

Never been to Sweden. I couldn't tell you what percentage of their population is obese.

He is entitled to have whatever thoughts he chooses to on a topic.

• HeySwoleSister
    Options

I have
    You don't

Never been to Sweden. I couldn't tell you what percentage of their population is obese.

So you have absolutely no opinion on any of the other information that had nothing to do with Sweeden? None at all? You can't say if you disagree with it or that you agree with it?

I find Sweden's social and educational policies to be ethical and long-term goal oriented for a healthy society.

Not sure about obesity rates, but SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM, YO!!!!!!
  • auntstephie321
    Options

I have
    You don't

So you have absolutely no opinion on any of the other information that had nothing to do with Sweeden? None at all? You can't say if you disagree with it or that you agree with it?

Don't need to, his post was about his beliefs not mine
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Can we get back to the Texas toast grilled cheese?
    GC.png

OP, eat what you like in moderation - weigh/measure your food for portion sizes. Bread and rice aren't naughty despite their whiteness.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I cut out white rice and switched to brown rice (Alton Brown's recipe from the food network site is super delicious) because it is lower in calories per serving. I still love my bread!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

I have
    You don't

I find Sweden's social and educational policies to be ethical and long-term goal oriented for a healthy society.

Not sure about obesity rates, but SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM, YO!!!!!!

I can recommend a series of novels by a Swedish guy named Vilhelm Moberg, about Swedish immigration to the US. They were quite interesting.

Also, Smiles of a Summer Night is a very fun movie, although not one of the most famous Bergman films (at least not that I know of, I'm not really a movie buff). Also, the source material for Sondheim's A Little Night Music.

Pretty sure bread was eaten in both, also.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

I have
    You don't

Don't need to, his post was about his beliefs not mine

Ah ok, so then if you have no opinion on his post then the purpose of you responding to his post was either:

A. To talk smack about the members on this site because you're mad at how they've debated you in the past.

B. Try to convince that person to join a group of people that thinks exactly how he does and can share ideas.

So pretty much there was absolutely no point in you posting since you actually have no opinion on the subject. Contrary to you saying you have posted your opinion here. Okay, I guess it all makes sense now.

Also, you could post the name of the group here.

I post my opinion wherever I chose too. Feel free to go through any thread I've commented on, my views will be clearly evident.

I don't recall being debated in the past? By whom?

I have only observed how others are treated for posting their thoughts and offer to provide an outlet for those who are here to learn and succeed without being chastised.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a starter and I've heard a lot of people say they stopped eating rice and bread, while others said that you need it, and now I'm confused. Besides common sense of moderation, do you really think eliminating bread and rice from my diet will help a lot?
    Don't make fun of me :p
    yes, u should not eat bread, rice, and other carbs.carbs convert to sugar, and they r fattening.read the Atkins diet list of carbs u should and shouldn't eat.I am on a low carb diet where I don't eat more than 100 grams of carbs a day, and I am seeing results.