This thread gave me shingles.

doctor-cartoon.gif
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

doctor-cartoon.gif

Actually, I just had shingles, and it's antiviral pills that stop it, not a shot. BUT I would highly recommend getting the shingles vaccine.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

doctor-cartoon.gif

Actually, I just had shingles, and it's antiviral pills that stop it, not a shot. BUT I would highly recommend getting the shingles vaccine.

Well that just sucks all the fun out of it! :s
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

doctor-cartoon.gif

Well that just sucks all the fun out of it! :s

LOL!!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    srslybritt wrote: »
    Is it safe now?

Obligatory cat gif:
    giphy.gif

Reading the last 5 pages has sent me a bit perculiar. For a second I actually thought a kitten was climbing out of my screen :/

You need to watch The Ring more often.

samara_emerges1.jpg

Great... I know I won't be sleeping when I get home in the morning. Thanks *grumble*

Haha as soon as I realised what it was I turned away and quickly scrolled!!
    Someone posted one the other day where the face in the mirror changed to some demon looking thing! That night, I was in bed busting for a wee, and couldn't get that thing out of my head.. after I could procrastinate no longer I sprinted to that loo and back in record time!!!

No, no, no no no no no! I have a mirror in my bedroom that is turned around lol (I hate mirrors). I work nights, so dark doesn't bother me... Creepy faces? Hell no!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ..... The one I mentioned was a video gif :worried:
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options

2. All calories are not equal. I know a lot on MFP will tell you this, but it is simply not true.

I'm new at calorie counting. Can you please explain this to me?

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »

2. All calories are not equal. I know a lot on MFP will tell you this, but it is simply not true.

Don't listen, that's a load of crap. A calorie is a unit of measurement. 1 calorie = 1 calorie regardless of its source. Some foods have different nutritional makeup, but it has nothing to do with calories and more to do with satiety and nutrition.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Don't listen, that's a load of crap. A calorie is a unit of measurement. 1 calorie = 1 calorie regardless of its source. Some foods have different nutritional makeup, but it has nothing to do with calories and more to do with satiety and nutrition.

Sounds like crap to me but hey, I'm new at all this. I had to post before I finished the entire thread because I have adhd haha. Sounds like an ongoing debate...calorie is a calorie....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Saying calories are not equal is like saying "not all pounds are equal". It's a unit of measurement. Of course they are equal. People use the phrase to try and convey that some foods will give you more nutrients per calorie or are "better for you" than others. But it is a confusing phrase that's been overly simplified to the point of inaccuracy.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options

doctor-cartoon.gif

I had to go on anti virals once. Holy cripes, speaking of things that make you angry. I spent a few days walking aroung wanting to curb stomp everyone I met. I had to come off of them ( with physician ok). Scary pills, that's what they are.
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have been working out (ei lifting some weight but mostly cardio ever single day) I eat pretty much nothing bur salads for lunch and dinner and in the AM I eat some protein and throughout the day a little bit of complex carbs.

Still my scale is saying that I am gaining weight. Wtffffff.... I don't understand what I am doing wrong?!?!?!!?!?!?!
    I was in the same boat a week and a bit ago. I went to see a dietitian. He said I needed protein, he said he often sees people whose weight loss had stalled because of lack of protein. Now I drink a protein shake as well as my other meals and I have started losing weight again. BTW ignore the creeps on here, lots of people MFP seem to be jerks. Can I suggest you join a group on here rather than rely on this one? People tend to be kinder in the groups.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    One of these days I'm going to make a post about how I didn't lose weight until I dropped salads from my diet (technically true, 'cause salads suck without dressing, and dressing just isn't worth the calories to me) and added two servings of ice cream every night after 10pm... XD

OMG, I just realised: My weight is finally moving downwards again after a month stall. I haven't eaten salad (a regular dinner for me, though mine sounds a hell of a lot better than the OP's) all week. Ergo, it was the salad that was stopping me from losing weight! So glad I looked at this thread*.

*Please note, I do not actually believe my tasty, tasty salads had anything to do with the stall
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    One of these days I'm going to make a post about how I didn't lose weight until I dropped salads from my diet (technically true, 'cause salads suck without dressing, and dressing just isn't worth the calories to me) and added two servings of ice cream every night after 10pm... XD

OMG, I just realised: My weight is finally moving downwards again after a month stall. I haven't eaten salad (a regular dinner for me, though mine sounds a hell of a lot better than the OP's) all week. Ergo, it was the salad that was stopping me from losing weight! So glad I looked at this thread*.

*Please note, I do not actually believe my tasty, tasty salads had anything to do with the stall

Why the need to write such nasty vitriolic things to people? I just don't get it. This person's weight loss has stalled. It happens. All they wanted was a bit of advice and some support, instead you go to some trouble just to be nasty. I wonder why.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    85kurtz wrote: »

Why the need to write such nasty vitriolic things to people? I just don't get it. This person's weight loss has stalled. It happens. All they wanted was a bit of advice and some support, instead you go to some trouble just to be nasty. I wonder why.

Um, I'm sorry, but the OP started a very vague thread, had a bunch of very well-meaning people ask for details, ignored those questions and instead cracked the sads like a 5 year old and stomped off. People are now having fun with it. If that's your definition of nasty, you must be very sheltered. Frankly, I think the rudest person here was the OP.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

I think you totally misunderstood Nony's post? She was saying there is nothing wrong with salads... in case you missed the point.

Plus, pot, meet kettle.
    pot-and-kettle.jpg
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

'Twas a joke, within the context of other comments ;). And yeah, if you think that very light-hearted comment was nasty, just, wow...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    People that use a static equation to try and figure out their allowable calories are falling for an idea that says "every woman in the WORLD, 40 years of age, weighs 140lb and is 5 foot 5 inches tall and marks they live a sedentary lifestyle all get the same exact calories. NOT True

Good thing nobody ever said that then.

The harris benedict is a static equation. Certainly you can change the multiplier TDEE, but it isn't an algorithm that is auto adjusting.

Even though you don't say it that is was you use if you use MFP.

Maybe you use MFP estimates? I don't and I know I can't because I have more LBM than average person my height and weight.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    People that use a static equation to try and figure out their allowable calories are falling for an idea that says "every woman in the WORLD, 40 years of age, weighs 140lb and is 5 foot 5 inches tall and marks they live a sedentary lifestyle all get the same exact calories. NOT True

Good thing nobody ever said that then.

The harris benedict is a static equation. Certainly you can change the multiplier TDEE, but it isn't an algorithm that is auto adjusting.

Even though you don't say it that is was you use if you use MFP.

Maybe you use MFP estimates? I don't and I know I can't because I have more LBM than average person my height and weight.

Psst... his copypasta about the Harris Benedict equation nicely threw everyone off the scent of his original assertions about being able to eat more calories of certain foods. He never bothered explaining that one.

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

200.gif