Rude comments?

Options

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Ok! Wait someone actually tried to advice a girl that she was spending money on something that was not of benefit to her and she took offense to that? Well, the truth hurts, sugar coated or not. People will believe what they want to believe and sometimes when they hear the truth they are so caught up in thinking they are right that they can't listen to good advice. Spending money on something that is of nob benefit to your health when you trying to get healthy is like putting money into a piggy bank with no cover at the bottom.

Yeah, it was about an alkaline diet. The pdf with the list of restrictions had a whole page dedicated to stuff the website owner sells, someone posted a link talking about that the whole "eat alkaline foods to make your body more alkaline" thing isn't how anything of this works, it also gets advertised as alternative cancer treatment and the guy doing it is listed on quackwatch.
    The whole program in other words.
    OP didn't like getting told those things.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it was about an alkaline diet. The pdf with the list of restrictions had a whole page dedicated to stuff the website owner sells, someone posted a link talking about that the whole "eat alkaline foods to make your body more alkaline" thing isn't how anything of this works, it also gets advertised as alternative cancer treatment and the guy doing it is listed on quackwatch.

Wow, that is serious stuff. The poor girl. So scams like that still are going on today? Sorry, you must think I am living in another world. To be honest, I have been living in Nigeria since 2010 (on and off, but now permanently) and have not been able to see the programmes I normally watch cos my kids have the TV control. Oh my God! The poor girl. Anyway she can get her money back? Surely such scams can be stopped legally. Or can anyone just make up a diet and make money, just like that.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    frabz-stop-trying-to-make-popcorn-happen-its-not-going-to-happen-2e60ea.jpg

waste of popcorn. I have high hopes that friday's "mean people" thread will be better.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Wow, that is serious stuff. The poor girl. So scams like that still are going on today? Sorry, you must think I am living in another world. To be honest, I have been living in Nigeria since 2010 (on and off, but now permanently) and have not been able to see the programmes I normally watch cos my kids have the TV control. Oh my God! The poor girl. Anyway she can get her money back? Surely such scams can be stopped legally. Or can anyone just make up a diet and make money, just like that.
    I think laws are pretty lenient on that kinda stuff as long as your smallprint says things like "not tested in a scientific environment" or whatever.

And anyway, she doesn't want her money back. She basically blended out everything everyone said and went on her merry way.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »

waste of popcorn. I have high hopes that friday's "mean people" thread will be better.

This wasn't supposed to start until Friday, and MrM and I reminded everyone, but we obviously have no control . . .
  • jorinya
    Options
    This wasn't supposed to start until Friday, and MrM and I reminded everyone, but we obviously have no control . . .
    Sorry, new here, apologise so much, forget I said anything, will wait till Friday. Curse of the newbie. Just gave myself a slap on the wrist!!!!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »

better luck next time. ;)
  • jorinya
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Seriously, that's like comedy gold!!

Thanks for that but its the truth. Believe it or not, I actually am living there.

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that people get offended by others that tell them that they are wasting money and things that would benefit them, but the rude comments I know are when people do not answer your question at all, and you get a, "oh no! Here we go again" and sarcastic bull crap like that.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    Sorry, new here, apologise so much, forget I said anything, will wait till Friday. Curse of the newbie. Just gave myself a slap on the wrist!!!!
    No, somebody else should give themselves a slap right upside the head! You haven't did anything wrong.
  • jorinya
    Options
    [quote="MrM27;32215898"Do you at least understand why I said that? It wasn't a knock against you.
    [/quote]

I understand, don't worry. Thanks for your honest opinion. Got to go no, its pass 1 and I need to get up in less than 6 hrs. Btw, MFP rocks!!!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that people get offended by others that tell them that they are wasting money and things that would benefit them, but the rude comments I know are when people do not answer your question at all, and you get a, "oh no! Here we go again" and sarcastic bull crap like that.

No, the rude remarks usually come from the OP who isn't getting the answers they want to hear. "Get off my post NOW!" and the like. Okay, so it's not Friday, but nobody else is waiting, so I'm not either. Not fair! You people are rude! I said wait until Friday, but nobody's doing that! Waaaaaaaa!
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you HIGHER !! Life is already filled with those who want to bring you down ... So ignore the nasty stuff.,,
  • jorinya
    Options
    Right, edit that last post. Sorry I am tired! But you know what I was trying to do. Take care all. As I said MFP rocks!!!! Signing off now :*<3
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Well hang around a little longer and you'll see that people do get offended when told they are wasting money. Often you'll see the reply "I didn't ask for advice on how I spend my money, I just asked for YOUR experience with it". So try laying off jumping on the "Let's call everyone mean" bandwagon and see that there actually are tons of people on MFP that just don't want to hear the truth. They just want validation.
    Ouch!