Rude comments?

Options

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that people get offended by others that tell them that they are wasting money and things that would benefit them, but the rude comments I know are when people do not answer your question at all, and you get a, "oh no! Here we go again" and sarcastic bull crap like that.

Well hang around a little longer and you'll see that people do get offended when told they are wasting money. Often you'll see the reply "I didn't ask for advice on how I spend my money, I just asked for YOUR experience with it". So try laying off jumping on the "Let's call everyone mean" bandwagon and see that there actually are tons of people on MFP that just don't want to hear the truth. They just want validation.

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that people get offended by others that tell them that they are wasting money and things that would benefit them, but the rude comments I know are when people do not answer your question at all, and you get a, "oh no! Here we go again" and sarcastic bull crap like that.

Well hang around a little longer and you'll see that people do get offended when told they are wasting money. Often you'll see the reply "I didn't ask for advice on how I spend my money, I just asked for YOUR experience with it". So try laying off jumping on the "Let's call everyone mean" bandwagon and see that there actually are tons of people on MFP that just don't want to hear the truth. They just want validation.

QFT
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Woah, my reply to this quote didn't get posted? Are we not allowed to us emojis or something?
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    This wasn't supposed to start until Friday, and MrM and I reminded everyone, but we obviously have no control . . .
    Sorry, new here, apologise so much, forget I said anything, will wait till Friday. Curse of the newbie. Just gave myself a slap on the wrist!!!!
    No, somebody else should give themselves a slap right upside the head! You haven't did anything wrong.

Right, so let's call people mean but at the same time talk about punching and slapping people. You know who does stuff like that? The OP's when they get mad.

Ouch!
    Yup
    sorry, but even a nice person has his limitations.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Most, if not all, of the OPs who are offended by the truth suddenly disappear from MFP. I assume to watch television and eat bonbons and blame their weight gain on their thyroid condition.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    How do you deal with rude comments or people thinking that your not doing enough weather here or in real life?

I have a motto: what other people think of me is none of my business.

Make sure your self esteem is intact and ignore all rude comments. :)
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    ok. I have opinions just like everyone else on here. I believe the original post was, "how to handle rude comments" I answered her, and the last time I checked, it's not against the law to imagine punching someone, unless that has changed. Get over it already. Geez!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    ok. I have opinions just like everyone else on here. I believe the original post was, "how to handle rude comments" I answered her, and the last time I checked, it's not against the law to imagine punching someone, unless that has changed. Get over it already. Geez!

Last time I checked it's also not against the law the to say "Here we go again"

no, it's not.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    How do you deal with rude comments or people thinking that your not doing enough weather here or in real life?

I would never let somebody's comment, rude or otherwise effect me in a way that I had to deal with it. It's a comment, no big deal.
    If somebody has an opinion that is worth considering then I would have a conversation with them on the subject. Otherwise it doesn't factor into my life.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Right, we all do have opinions. But, people come on here all the time and ask for help and then get upset and balk at people who give them advice contrary to what they want to hear, and then everybody else who says what the OP wants to hear gets pats on the back. This is considered rude behavior in my book.
    just imagine that you're sucker punching em in the face and that you're not gonna be hauled off to jail! Works for me!

I personally think it's 100% okay to debate and argue, but violence whether physical or spoken is paying like for like, which as mom used to say, "Two rights don't make a wrong."

You can't expect to post such a volatile response and not have anyone else have an opinion about it. :)

• rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Right, we all do have opinions. But, people come on here all the time and ask for help and then get upset and balk at people who give them advice contrary to what they want to hear, and then everybody else who says what the OP wants to hear gets pats on the back. This is considered rude behavior in my book.
    just imagine that you're sucker punching em in the face and that you're not gonna be hauled off to jail! Works for me!

I personally think it's 100% okay to debate and argue, but violence whether physical or spoken is paying like for like, which as mom used to say, "Two rights don't make a wrong."

You can't expect to post such a volatile response and not have anyone else have an opinion about it. :)

Yup, pretty much. It's the same attitude we see from the people mad that everyone is not supporting every dumb idea they have. They call everyone rude then start cursing them out. Man everyone is so rude, I'll just imagine punching them in the face. Lol.

come on now. You just did the same thing yourself, didn't you? You can dish it out, but you can't take it when someone fights back. How rude of you! Doesn't feel so good, does it now?
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options

including yourself, eh?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

including yourself, eh?

I don't think so.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Gotta love when the rude thread becomes a contest of who can be more 'rude'. Everyone can be a jerk sometimes if u decided to take it that way. The end. Now lets sing kumbiya and hold hands
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think a little hint if someone is wondering if they are being too harsh or mean or whatever is to perhaps check how many flags they've received. .. if they total into the hundreds then perhaps there is something to it. ...
    I realise the flagging system here is flawed, but not so much that you're receiving multiple flags regularly for no good reason :wink: