Options

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    My coworkers are going on one of those MLM shake diets because they need to get to 130 lbs. to be a size 6. According to them 130 always equals a size 6 regardless of height, body shape, or composition.

Yeah I think I read that somewhere...

I'm a freak. At 135, I'm a size 2.
    Sacrilege!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Is there any truth to touching fat with your bare hands making you fat? Something about it being able to be absorbed through the press in your hands?
    That's why I gained weight this winter. I put coconut oil on my skin.

Don't know if you joking or not....I knew someone who quit working at a chicken factory because she said touching all the chicken fat caused her to gain 30lbs.

Bless your heart ... no this can not happen

lol! I thought so. They did a news report about it and everything. And of course the News Reporters wouldn't lie. :s
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Someone tweeted me yesterday that carbs would kill me. *eyeroll*

As a vegetarian, I'm pretty sure not eating carbs is more likely to kill me.

So does breathing air and drinking water. We all have to die sometime.

• hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    They did a news report about it and everything. And of course the News Reporters wouldn't lie. :s

Can someone PLEASE find this news clip??? :D

• fr3smyl
    Options
    hanksmom79 wrote: »
    They did a news report about it and everything. And of course the News Reporters wouldn't lie. :s

Can someone PLEASE find this news clip??? :D

I will look for it. It has to be at least ten years old by now.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Having trouble finding article it might be 20 years old instead of ten. :| But I found some information I think they were basing their facts on. I guys it's been a belief long before this. I'm not going to write all of it cause it's pretty long but
    Much debate and fluctuation or contratiety of opinion has existed as to whether. ..medical substances dissolved in a fat could be absorbed into and through the skin. That animal fat can penetrate the skin had been indisputably proven by a number of clinical and experimental observations....Animal fats are capable of passing into the organism by way of the skin, and influencing local, or even general nutrition.
    John Shoemaker, A.M., M.D.

My aunt will not touch raw chicken skin without gloves to this day.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    They were talking on the radio this morning about a job fair going on in a city nearby, and they rattled off the names of some of the employers - most of them big deal corporations or factories in the area. It Works was on the list. I wonder how many poor *kitten* they're going to sucker into thinking it's a real job with a real product when they could be applying at the other booths that have actual paying jobs.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    I thought long and hard about it and I'm only going to long the calories I put in my mouth. It's seems too hard to log the ones I touch. I'm not even sure the calorie count of lotion.
    I guess it depends on the brand and how much you use.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I was in a cardio kickboxing class and we were doing some stuff with weights. To keep us motivated, the instructor told us to really work those shoulders, the pain would be worth it... because we were making our shoulders bigger, which makes our waists get smaller.

Further proving you don't actually need any qualifications to be a fitness instructor.

Having bigger shoulders gives the illusion of a smaller waist... So not technically wrong
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I thought long and hard about it and I'm only going to long the calories I put in my mouth. It's seems too hard to log the ones I touch. I'm not even sure the calorie count of lotion.

Well, if you really want to kick logging accuracy to the curb and totally sabotage your entire fitness journey then go for it. You gonna pretend those calories you inhaled sniffing the office donuts didn't happen either?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Well, if you really want to kick logging accuracy to the curb and totally sabotage your entire fitness journey then go for it. You gonna pretend those calories you inhaled sniffing the office donuts didn't happen either?
    NOOOOOO! My office is directly across from the office kitchen so I smell everyone's lunch!!!! I have to log them ALL. :s

• fr3smyl
    Options
    Okay. I tried the chocolate for breakfast this morning. It didn't really work for me. My appetite for sweets want curbed. In fact I blew my entire days worth of calories before 10am.

I am now in the process of working out more throughout the day so that I can eat dinner, and maybe a snack.

I guess it might have helped if read the whole article instead of stopping at the chocolate for breakfast can help you lose weight bit. ;)
  • fr3smyl
    Options

Lol!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »

NOOOOOO! My office is directly across from the office kitchen so I smell everyone's lunch!!!! I have to log them ALL. :s

You guys are crazy! I wonder how much laughing burns!
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker tell me they were allergic to water and that any time they drink it they throw up. So they can only drink soda/sweet tea now... what??? And in the same sentence they said they were allergic to vitamin supplements. I find both hard to believe, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker tell me they were allergic to water and that any time they drink it they throw up. So they can only drink soda/sweet tea now... what??? And in the same sentence they said they were allergic to vitamin supplements. I find both hard to believe, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know.
    So they can only drink flavoured/surgary water? Amazing what people can believe.

• fr3smyl
    Options

...a teacher told us that when I was in primary school. Same thing, he said he could only drink tea and soda.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I was told I was wasting my time drinking protein shakes and the protein wouldn't digest because I don't use milk. Water apparently cancels out the protein! Even though I am lactose intolerant and adding milk would literally make me vomit. This person knows I'm lactose intolerant as well. :/
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker tell me they were allergic to water and that any time they drink it they throw up. So they can only drink soda/sweet tea now... what??? And in the same sentence they said they were allergic to vitamin supplements.

Hate to say it but...that's actually entirely possible, for both of those.

An allergy to water, that's an actual thing, if a really, really rare one (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2100451/The-woman-allergic-water-kiss-fiance.html ). And only being able to drink something like soda or sweet tea? That's a real thing, too. While some can drink water, some can't. They can drink fluids (or they'd die, obviously) but they have to find the fluids that their body will tolerate and not react to. The gal mentioned in the article can drink tea, too, even if plain water is bad. But there are a few others (and there are not many, world-wide) who can't drink tea or juice, but can tolerate milk, or soda...guess it shows just how little soda resembles real food, LOL.

Although honestly, unless the co-worker is getting hives from TOUCHING water, then it seems pretty unlikely. It's much more likely she's allergic to something IN the water. Sulfite sensitive people, for example, will react to water with sulfites added. Some city water supplies, and bottled water companies, put that into the water. I know someone who was allergic to something in most carbon water filters, and she was sick for years until she realized and got different filters for her house water. And corn allergic people often react to water too - water softening agents can contain corn.

And on the supplements...yeah, that's a thing, too. Although again, it's more something WITH the vitamins, not the vitamins themselves. With an allergy to just one or two things (corn, again, for example), you'll react to pretty much every vitamin supplement on the market. They all have very similar inactive ingredients, these days.

So while the person sounds like they really haven't thought some of this through, they may, in fact, at least be correct in how they're feeling when they try to consume these things.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Hmmm....