Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just saving a spot. Too late to start reading. Pat
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Had to re-adjust food down to 1861 cals. All morning training DONE.
    NOT sure I will get in a walk this afternoon as raining VERY hard
    Goals for May:
    Train 6 days a week
    Walk dog in afternoons
    Food calories between 1600 and 1800
    Enjoy Sunday with Blaize and Stan, cardio only
    Log all meals and training
    Read and relax more
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    exermom- just the combined party i think.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Heather – You have done so well! I can’t wait to read the book.

Cynthia – good for you to get what you need, the heck with those silly folks! I might not even go to the party. Sorry to hear a bigger size, but you’ll soon get back in the routine and re-shrink!

Selena – awesome!

Beth – the fun thing everyday was a goal for a short time, but just too overwhelming for me to start with, I have trouble making new everyday habits; and when it was a goal I felt like it should be “big” silly me! Which is why my once a week is working for me.

Jane – Happy Birthday --- so glad you will be with family!

Michele – my purse has a zipper compartment that I can dump it in charger attached and then zip mostly closed….

May goals:
    Walk every day
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    Jane birthday wishes!

Selena way to go on a good review!

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth in WNY: I'm happy you found a way to have fun today! :flowerforyou:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Our showing went very well the realtor and the clients told our realtor that our house was imaculant and were very impressed. They had other houses to see. Ours was the first so, we set the bar!

Vicki - I am sorry to hear that you were unable to meet up with your friends. You'll just have more to talk about next time.

Terri - thanks! I will hopefully have everything by Monday then I can see if I can learn how to use an IPhone 6+. I might need some help! We could car pool to Myrtle Beach.

Pip - yea! You Won! Happy Birthday Month!

Lisa - you sound very determined and have a great attitude! I wish you much success with your writing.

Yanniejannie - I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Her husband is a slime ball! I hope you get the rest you need.

Jane - Happy Birthday! You are going to be busy. Take time to celebrate you! I'm glad your mom is doing well.

Beth - good for you! You showed such great will power.

Michele - you'll have to take a picture once you put your preying mantis where he belongs. I made chocolate chip cookies to make the house smell good. Then I took them over to my DSISIL, she has an adult foster care home, so that they could enjoy them and I wouldn't eat them ALL!

Sylvia - you are way too wonderful to be married to such a mean man. I'm sure glad you found love and happiness!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, been a busy day here for us. My brother was coming in and bring my sister and I some of the antiques they no longer have room for since they are living in her Mom's house. She has dementia and they thought it best to let her keep all of her furniture. So my brother brings me this china cabinet. It is quite a bit small than my present one but I don't need half of what is in it and some of it was just plain junk. So I knew I was going to give either the one my brother was bringing or my present one to my oldest daughter. What he brought was an antique when they got married and it was a wedding present to them. My present one has 3 shelves and all of them have the grooves so the plates can stand up. My brothers has grooves on one shelf only and the top is small enough that it only has room for 2 plates, I would have to store all the other in the bottom part. I think I just wanted something different. Plus my daughter does not take good care of things and i just didn't want her to have this precious antique. So now we have to figure out how to get ti to her. The top comes off the bottom but I am sure the top is to tall to fit in our minivan. Charlie wanted to take it down when we go see them next weekend but our other daughter is in the car with us. So we will have to take it down another time. We can take down all the dishes she wanted. Have enjoyed the time with his though. It was a very short visit, after he dropped my cabinet he went over to my sisters. She was getting a bedroom suite that was our Grandmas. So it is quite old and in perfect condition. The dresser had this glass top on it and she would slide all sorts of mementos under that glass. It came with a beautiful mirror. So we went to Cheddars and I didn't order the children's chicken strips but the grilled chicken salad. I was still in my calories, a little of on my natural sugars but I had 2 fruits today.

Yes, I remember the May pole dance. I sure didn't know the history of it. My my!!!! I am blushing. I think my back has improved enough I will resume my bike riding tomorrow. I also have to go to Kohl's. I have $20 in Kohl's cash that expires tomorrow. I put my purse in the seat belt in the grocery store. make sure the purse is zipped up. That way any purse thief can't grab it out of my cart.

Heather, can those pirate candles be put up on some kind of base on the cake so at least they are higher in profile??

Terri Milwaukee, I would wait until I knew my spine was OK before signing off with his insurance company. Were you seen by a doctor or just by the therapists where you work? He is going to be paying for it so you won't be out anything

Lisa, my SIL downfall happened after she got a nasty divorce. She has no marketable skills, neither do any of her children so they went from living with a man who had a good job and able to pay rent to living in whatever cheap housing or friends house they could find.

Vicki, when my oldest DGD was in 5th grade their annual musical was Suessical the musical Jr. It was fun. You could tell it was all acted and sung by 5th graders but they did a good job. She is finishing up 8th grade and has been in the school play every year.

Jane, how far does your Mom live from you? That would be a very difficult thing. I always felt very sorry for my brothers. We are in extreme south western Indiana, one brother lives close to Cincinatti Ohio and the other in middle Alabama. My sister and I live here where Mom lived. When she got so sick they did take several trips up here to be with Mom.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    Jane - sounds like a lovely family time! I'm just a little bit jealous you have everyone together. Enjoy the birthday celebrations. :love:

Beth - I echo Katla! So glad you had a bit of a break. <3

Joyce - I should have saved one of the cupcakes to make an island. DH ate them. I will just build the icing up a bit. I don't think four year olds have much sense of scale, though when he first saw our tree at Christmas he did say "It's a bit little!" Ideally I should split the cake and fill it with icing, but I am chickening out. It will have plenty on top and on the sides. It is a very rich and sticky chocolate fudge cake, so not at all dry. I seem to have tasted a lot of dry birthday cakes lately that look better than they taste. This morning I stuck it to its board - this afternoon I will finish it. It's still thawing out.

Kim - I sincerely hope you enjoy the book. <3:):flowerforyou:

DH has gone off to the final football game of the season. They know they are going up to the Premiership, but today they are playing for top of the Championship, (the first two teams automatically go up ) I will be checking the two top teams scores minute by minute! ! ! ! ! ! This could be DH's last match, certainly as a season ticket holder. Since he fell out with his football partner it hasn't been the same going all that way to be on his own. Nearly 30 years of history. :cry:

It may mean we can go away more in the winter. We always have to fix holidays so he doesn't miss too many games. I would like to spend a few weeks in the South of France again, just living there in a nice city or large town. We had a couple of weeks in Menton in February a couple of years ago and I loved it. I fancy Montpellier or Uzes. Much prefer places without all the tourists and we can't go away for long in the summer because of the garden. One summer I would like to abandon planting veggies and just go and bury ourselves in the French countryside with a pool. We could do our writing and swim! ! ! ! ! ! :drinker: But I've got to think about DH's cricket. :sad:

Looking forward to seeing the grandchildren tomorrow. :D<3

Love Heather in Hampshire UK

27681614.png
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Lots doing this weekend. No dance competition with my DD though. My 23 year old niece took a teaching position in Thiland for 10 mos. and she leaves on Sunday. We had dinner with extended family tonight to wish her well. My sister and her hubby are worried, we all are really. I will spend much of the weekend helping, supporting, and driving to LA for her flight.

Decided on Fitbit without heart rate monitor for Mother's Day. I just want to track steps and work my way up to 10k 4 times a week to start. Khols carries them and I have rewards/cash and 20% off. I just love a good deal
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Got cut off! Wishing you all a happy weekend!

Maryanne in CA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif Maryanne, I've carried a pedometer for years....at first a primitive one that clipped on my waistband and was easy to lose....now a more sophisticated Omron that I carry in my pocket all day and has software to allow me to save the data. Carrying a pedometer has encouraged me to be more active and seek ways to walk more steps. At first getting to 10,000 steps was a massive challenge, now it is routine. I hope you enjoy your pedometer as much as I enjoy mine

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

<3 Barbie
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ah......just heard; it is a baby girl for Kate and William! Off to time a race.

Yanniejannie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Jane: Happy birthday!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jane!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Jane: Happy birthday!

Sylvia:
    In Texas, we call men like your ex "sorry." It's kind of the ultimate insult that you can actually say in front of your mama. When you're not around your mama, you can use it in front of other words as a multiplier. :wink: One can only hope that karma catches up to them, but your happiness is karma enough, I'm thinking. I'm so glad you found your happy ending.

You and I have some interesting parallels. I left my AF guy too, but mine was after I lost all the weight. In the end, I didn't finish my master's degree. My mother died when I was in the research phase for my thesis--and my life kinda derailed for a while. She was my family's center, and losing her... well, I'll leave the details for my autobiography, one of the other books I'm working on this summer. I'm reading chapters of it in the writer's workshop I attend in town.

But, I have my own happy ending, and I'm here. Speaking of which... There are some things I've been reading, both here and otherwise, that have inspired me to realize that my own intensity WILL, as usual, turn around and bite me on the... foot... if I don't learn to modify it and breathe a bit. And I can get very all or nothing, you know. It occurs to me that I don't want this to be one of those cases where, if I don't accomplish exactly what I wanted, then I failed.

So I'm modifying my May goals to something just a teensy bit more reasonable and accomplishable... The image below is stuck to the wall next to my head--and I split them into health, heart and head... which if any of you were ever in 4H in school, only leaves one. Remember which one it is? Go ahead, jump in the wayback machine with Mr. Peabody... Big green shamrock looking logo with four H's in it?

Yeah, that one... And I do crochet as well, but only afghans, and if you crochet afghans in the spring and summer in West Texas, you are either clinically insane, or you have your air conditioning on way too high. B)

ww70g5c4n6or.jpg

Lisa from sunny West TX
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Joyce - I'm glad that you got to spend time with your family. The China cabinet sounds beautiful. So does the bedroom suite. Family heirlooms are a treasure!

Heather - I love your adventurous spirit. The idea of going off to live in a different area sounds like great fun.

Italy - it sounds like you have a very close-knit family. I like Khol's for there coupons and discounts as well. Great plan for fitness.

Good morning everyone! has anybody eating Arctic zero ice cream? It is supposed to have only 150 calories per pint. It is also supposed to be very healthy because it has whey protein in it. as well as being made with all natural ingredients. One of the ladies on another forum make smoothies out of it with Oreo cookies. it sounded like it could be a healthy dessert. if you eat half it would be only 75 calories plus whatever you added for a smoothie. they have a lot of varieties. They sell it at Walmart. It is
    another beautiful day here. time to get up in do an hour of Zumba. And then some work around the yard. I would like to get some flowers to plant, but usually there is still a chance of frost until the end of May. it does seem as though we might be safe. They say curb appeal will help to sell your house and flowers really brighten up the yard.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Lisa - why such a low calorie count of 1000 + for your goal? With all the exercise and activities that you do it sounds as though you could at least do 1200 +. You sound like a very strong willed person and you will have great success at anything that you put your mind to.

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    DH's team only drew :sad:
    They are still going up, but only second in the league. :sad: :cry:

Will put my sad face on when he comes home. :laugh:

Currently struggling with icing. Grrrrrrr..........

Heather UK
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Terri: Isn't it amazing how quickly we can build up our endurance? Congrats on persevering with the handbike. Hope the pain starts to recede quickly! I'm up to 20 minutes now on the recumbent bike.

Katla: Thanks for the list, apparently I've forgotten how to have fun. Time to rectify that! :laugh:

Jane: Have a wonderful birthday! Looks like you're sharing it with the newest Royal :smile:

I'm going to spend some time planting trees today... here's hoping it doesn't rain :smile:

Thought for the day: Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it. - William Feather

Carey - Edmonton