Eating Paleo, Dreaming of Grain

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to figure out what this donut is she's eating where you lick frosting off the wrapper.

Seems like she may need a better source of donuts.

Also, thinking of it as "being good" is really part of the problem, not the moderate approach, IMO.

I think it's actually a baggie of crack. See, what's gone wrong in this conversations is what we're talking about food and she's talking about drugs. It's the only way I can wrap my head around this.

Yup explain all the of it..nails digging into the couch, counting down, licking wrappers...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    boobeey wrote: »
    Hi I've also tried paleo and it worked out great for me I was able to shred 20 pounds in two months I did have dairy (yogurt) in the mornings and atleast 4 eggs a week with no yolks I'd suggest you add more lean protein such as chicken breast or a heavier lean mean such as london broil steak or even sirlon steak. I'm a cake lover so I get the whole missing carb thing. Google Pegan diet it's combo of vegan and paleo I like it so far but I do still eat yogurt

*sigh*

another person that says they do Paleo, but is not even following Paleo by eating dairy, and is not eating anywhere close to how Paleo people ate..

You lost 20 pounds because you eliminated carbs.

For the hardcore Paleo-enthusiast, yes adding dairy and legumes is a no-no. There's something called 80/20 Paleo - that would include a dairy source like Yogurt into the mix of the diet.

What she listed above minus the dairy/legumes works. Eggs are paleo, the lean meats are paleo, just the issue of using plant-based proteins is really not Paleo.

Paleo people don't have to eat like they are some caveman from ancient times, man. Paleo people eat foods that would be considered derived from the Paleolithic era. As long as you can trace its lineage then it's considered Paleo.

So they must starve if they only eat things derived from a dead era that no longer exist. The whole diet is a study in flawed logic, bad science, and people who don't really follow what they claim to.

Eating veggies, lean meats, eggs, fruit - if that's flawed then you must be eating something else other than Paleo. Everyone eats Paleo of some kind.

There's irony for ya.

Vegetarians? Vegans?

ALL THE LEGUMES!

And, for those of us who can/want to, all the soy!

MMMMMMMMM... Ancient alien protein food!!!!

I'm going to give it a go again in case I had an accidental gluten exposure and mistook it for reacting to soy.

I got this awesome sriracha roasted BBQ sauce to have with my tofu.

Can I trace that back to Paleo?

I have no idea, but sriracha roasted BBQ sounds heavenly.

I left out the word garlic! It's sriracha roasted garlic bbq sauce! It's vegan. I appreciated so much that they used GF, vegan Worcestershire sauce in it.

*drools*
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to figure out what this donut is she's eating where you lick frosting off the wrapper.

Also, thinking of it as "being good" is really part of the problem, not the moderate approach, IMO.

I think it's actually a baggie of crack. See, what's gone wrong in this conversations is what we're talking about food and she's talking about drugs. It's the only way I can wrap my head around this.

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi I've also tried paleo and it worked out great for me I was able to shred 20 pounds in two months I did have dairy (yogurt) in the mornings and atleast 4 eggs a week with no yolks I'd suggest you add more lean protein such as chicken breast or a heavier lean mean such as london broil steak or even sirlon steak. I'm a cake lover so I get the whole missing carb thing. Google Pegan diet it's combo of vegan and paleo I like it so far but I do still eat yogurt

*sigh*

another person that says they do Paleo, but is not even following Paleo by eating dairy, and is not eating anywhere close to how Paleo people ate..

For the hardcore Paleo-enthusiast, yes adding dairy and legumes is a no-no. There's something called 80/20 Paleo - that would include a dairy source like Yogurt into the mix of the diet.

What she listed above minus the dairy/legumes works. Eggs are paleo, the lean meats are paleo, just the issue of using plant-based proteins is really not Paleo.

Paleo people don't have to eat like they are some caveman from ancient times, man. Paleo people eat foods that would be considered derived from the Paleolithic era. As long as you can trace its lineage then it's considered Paleo.

So they must starve if they only eat things derived from a dead era that no longer exist. The whole diet is a study in flawed logic, bad science, and people who don't really follow what they claim to.

Eating veggies, lean meats, eggs, fruit - if that's flawed then you must be eating something else other than Paleo. Everyone eats Paleo of some kind.

There's irony for ya.

No claiming that you are eating things that no longer exist, that's the irony. Everything these days is neo not Paleo so everything you claim to be eating because of this or that is flawed.

Funny stuff. Do you think this matters to me? LOL!

You are oblivious to truth.

ETA, and how about acting like you and I are the same age and can carry on a conversation with out churlish remarks.

Says the person acting like? LOL!

You mad, bro?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

200.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

*sigh*

There's irony for ya.

No claiming that you are eating things that no longer exist, that's the irony. Everything these days is neo not Paleo so everything you claim to be eating because of this or that is flawed.

ETA, and how about acting like you and I are the same age and can carry on a conversation with out churlish remarks.

You mad, bro?

Why don't you prove some of your claims about Paleo like being able to actually trace foods back to the Paleolithic?

You keep ignoring all of the historic facts that have been presented to you, and are just repeating yourself and flagging people.

If you're so convinced of your position, certainly you have more than just bluster and stats to back it up. IIFYM people have personal experience too. It won't count in this discussion.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

*sigh*

There's irony for ya.

You mad, bro?

No, I'm talking to someone with the mentality of my 16yo. How sad for you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    2014-10-08-danpic.jpg

e3f26165b3a60c52e9dbc54658765e8aa267157504b7dcb826ff2d5add3d168e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.