Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    You were morbidly obese.
    You still are.

You were eating like crap before.
    You are eating like crap now.

Let me get this straight - making a post about processed, fried and unhealthy food is in fact helpful to the countless number of people on this site trying to lose weight?

Oh I get it - jeez am so dumb at times, nah it's actually eating less of the same crap ( moderation please ) the way to go.
    Yep gotcha :-)

At the weight you started - you will lose weight even if you cut down ONE single fried onion from the crap you are eating - get this you are FAT.

Isn't this suppose to be some kind of lifestyle change? Where's the change? Give it a year, give it two years, give it five years, you will be back to where you started.

Like many others, we will see a post from you too -"Back Again".

If I am mean, so be it.

Now let all those superfit, super toned people, who lift super heavy and eat pizza and ice cream every thing day have a hissy fit at me. I couldn't care less. You know why? Look below - do you see a ticker? None. Never had a weight problem. Never will. And I speak in absolutes.

Do you see a ticker below majority of the people who will be having a hissing fit at me? Plenty.

I wish you luck. I wish you good health. Most of all, wishful thinking - people stop this silly business as there are some people right here right now who are truly struggling with their eating habits and hoping to make changes.

Respectfully,
    N
    Sound like you need to call 1-800-CRY-BABY and have a whiny burger with some French cries
  • katmcq29
    katmcq29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    wow! im from the UK and i have never seen food like that! well done on the weight loss!!! thats impressive! :)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Holy Lord! You obviously live in the South.
    What was it that makes you think that? Red velvet cake & cream cheese icing? Cornbread with Cracklings, Collard greens with Hog jowls, fried pickles, fried fish, grits? Huh? I didn't read all the responses, So does Hoss live in the South & does nobody else in the Country eat these kinds of foods? I mean I don't eat some of these myself but most are Really good!! :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Actually, he posts this type of negativity all the time. Misery loves company.

No *kitten*?? Well, sounds like someone needs a visit from Jules.. I feel sorry for him.
    SLJ2_zps08907fec.gif

Yep. I hope this thread survives because it would make a great poster child for why so many flexile dieters/IIFYM types like myself have developed a distinct distaste for the clean eating crowd on MFP. Overly restrictive. Negative. Condescending. Cannot even be mature enough to say "congratulations" to someone who has clearly earned it simply because his diet doesn't fit into their narrow world view.

That's a great point. It doesn't go both ways.

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to eat nothing but whole or organic foods or whatever, that's fine! Enjoy it. Congratulations on your progress. I don't crap on, say, Sara because she doesn't eat McDonald's.

But the "clean eating!" crowd (and I'm of course not including Sara here) crowd can't even be happy or congratulatory for someone like the OP, or me, or others, because they're not doing it right, or whatever. They think everyone needs to be as restrictive as they are, and they often resort to extreme negativity and shaming. It's crazy.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    [
    I want to find you and kick you in the crotch for being so stupid on the internet.
    [/quote]

lol....me too and then stick a deep fried turkey up his/er *kitten*.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You were morbidly obese.
    You still are.

You were eating like crap before.
    You are eating like crap now.

Let me get this straight - making a post about processed, fried and unhealthy food is in fact helpful to the countless number of people on this site trying to lose weight?

Oh I get it - jeez am so dumb at times, nah it's actually eating less of the same crap ( moderation please ) the way to go.
    Yep gotcha :-)

At the weight you started - you will lose weight even if you cut down ONE single fried onion from the crap you are eating - get this you are FAT.

Isn't this suppose to be some kind of lifestyle change? Where's the change? Give it a year, give it two years, give it five years, you will be back to where you started.

Like many others, we will see a post from you too -"Back Again".

If I am mean, so be it.

Now let all those superfit, super toned people, who lift super heavy and eat pizza and ice cream every thing day have a hissy fit at me. I couldn't care less. You know why? Look below - do you see a ticker? None. Never had a weight problem. Never will. And I speak in absolutes.

Do you see a ticker below majority of the people who will be having a hissing fit at me? Plenty.

I wish you luck. I wish you good health. Most of all, wishful thinking - people stop this silly business as there are some people right here right now who are truly struggling with their eating habits and hoping to make changes.

Respectfully,
    N

Strong second post. Your first being that you stopped caring about being healthy. So you've never had a weight problem...because you stopped considering it a problem???

Respectfully,
    Everyone
  • LPJackson76
    LPJackson76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Red velvet mixed with cheesecake?

Red velvet mixed with cheesecake.

4757-omg-so-amazing.gif

THIS! THIS FOR DAYS!!! You just made my taste buds explode....
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but

Oh yeah, ONLY sweetness follows this kind of phrasing. Only. Sweetness.
    seeing all these types of foods at once made my stomach hurt. :bigsmile:
    Maybe it's just a matter of perception - seeing all the pics in only one sequence - but still. Too much fried stuff (yikes!) to my french-trained taste; no fresh, raw veggies (yeah onions are veggies... fried in this case)! (Ah, Americans! :wink: )
    Or maybe you just meant to point out that one doesn't need to restrict as long as there's a deficit?

Anyway, congrats for your great success so far!
    And there it is. (Ah, stereotypical French-trained condescension! :wink: )

Fortunately, the French clients I've taken out to dinner in the Southeast have very much enjoyed the flavors and the introduction to American wines. Most French are not like this. It's like hearing the most obnoxious New Yorker in traffic and saying all Americans behave that way.

Most French are not like this. --> Not like what?? really, this is getting annoying. There is only one person that replied to my comment who actually understood what I was saying (moderation etc).

Now the ones that took it like condescendence, it's sad that you don't understand what I'm writing.

I love frog legs with garlic and parsley. If an American told me that it's really not his type of food I wouldn't insult him and say he's being stupid for not understanding the traditions . So why would I let YOU do that about me.

As an American who lives in a French speaking area in Europe... please understand that your bluntness above is considered rude in the American culture. Every culture is different and you may think some things we do are rude, but understand that there are also more sincere ways of stating your congratulations that would be taken much more positively. I think everyone understands what you are writing but the way you are stating your point is not taken well in the American culture. Oh and one of the biggest things I have learned from living here... is while most Europeans I have met don't think it is a big deal to tease about other countries, in the US we are not used to it and it is considered very rude.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Fried Freaking Pickles! YUM! Great job! That is awesome you still got to eat all that yummy and lose that much weight. You rock! :drinker:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    A giant congratulation to you, Hoss! Awesome job. Add me to the list of lovers who are moving in. :smooched:
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Holy Lord! You obviously live in the South.

^^^^This!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

thats my point. im further along in losing weight than the OP. in the beginning i was eaitng a lot less healthier and losing weight was easy. i still ate fast food for example. but as the weight came off that became harder and harder and i had to really start to regulate what i ate.

as for my profile pics fwiw they are from december. i stepped updating and using mfp for that once i found something better.

That's not what this thread is for. You need to take a good look at threads in the future, and check to see if your post meets the following conditions:

A) it is warranted and appropriate for the topic, and goes with the discussion

And

2) It is relevant to the conversation, and is on topic

Wait, aren't those the same things?

I don't remember anyone asking you for your opinion, yet your nonsense is on every page of the OP's thread, in which he talks about his 150 pound loss and the ability to fit what he likes into his macros from time to time. He's not eating that daily, but he's not depriving himself of it either.

WTF is wrong with some of you? How dare you.. you say none of this to the other people who are in IIFYM.

Actually, he posts this type of negativity all the time. Misery loves company.

where do i post this type of negativity all the time?

and i apologized for coming across as rude here fwiw.

Dude. Have you not done enough hijacking of this gentleman's post? Do you not have the maturity and social skills to say, "oh, wait, I'm arguing about this guy's diet and I haven't even bothered to acknowledge his success?" Go look at your past posts.

fwiw i did say sorry earlier in the thread for coming across as rude and i did pm the OP saying congrats.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Well done Hoss ;)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Hoss: congratz again

To the BS in this thread though...

tumblr_m9a52jBwKx1qk8vbb.gif
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    DQ dipped cones, however, will always remain an option for me if they fit into my macros for the day!

For the couple Negative Nelly's out there not getting the point of this post... this is it!

Remember that this is supposed to be a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not just a diet, so in order to be successful you need to find a way to keep the foods you love in your diet! It's a matter of ensuring they fit into your macros, and that you MOVE!!!!!!

****AMAZING**** job Hoss... I'm still waiting for the address, I will put in for a transfer as soon as you give :wink:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Yep. I hope this thread survives because it would make a great poster child for why so many flexile dieters/IIFYM types like myself have developed a distinct distaste for the clean eating crowd on MFP. Overly restrictive. Negative. Condescending. Cannot even be mature enough to say "congratulations" to someone who has clearly earned it simply because his diet doesn't fit into their narrow world view.

QFT
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I have learned from living here... is while most Europeans I have met don't think it is a big deal to tease about other countries, in the US we are not used to it and it is considered very rude.

This doesn't match with my experience as an American expat who has lived in Asia for years, and has done business in and with Europeans for over a decade. My personal experience is that sometimes the teasing is meant in good taste and other times it is not. Context matters. The amount of teasing that has gone on among my American, British and Australian colleagues and myself (an American) would make many people cringe. I've always had to tip toe around the French in this area. My guess is that it's an individual thing and the broad generalization that you are making is not appropriate.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    fwiw i did say sorry earlier in the thread for coming across as rude and i did pm the OP saying congrats.

STAHP POSTING - MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!

Haven't you said enough? Crawl out of here, please:

ventura1_zpse5dfa7d1.gif
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

QFT

x2

The negativity rarely stops with these types. It's not much fun for them to look at someone who has lost 150 pounds without being disgruntled and be condescending. Hoss is very likely the nicest person on this entire site. Aside from his kindness, he's doing it. He's losing. He's working out, and he's SUCCEEDING.

For that, he has truly earned respect.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I have learned from living here... is while most Europeans I have met don't think it is a big deal to tease about other countries, in the US we are not used to it and it is considered very rude.

This doesn't match with my experience as an American expat who has lived in Asia for years, and has done business in and with Europeans for over a decade. My personal experience is that sometimes the teasing is meant in good taste and other times it is not. Context matters. The amount of teasing that has gone on among my American, British and Australian colleagues and myself (an American) would make many people cringe. I've always had to tip toe around the French in this area. My guess is that it's an individual thing and the broad generalization that you are making is not appropriate.

Asians can be a tad sensitive too. They are just passive-aggressive enough not to vocalize it like the French.

I keed, I keed. But seriously, why are we derailing Hoss' awesome thread with cultural diversification?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!