What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Asians can be a tad sensitive too. They are just passive-aggressive enough not to vocalize it like the French.

I keed, I keed. But seriously, why are we derailing Hoss' awesome thread with cultural diversification?

GP. Dropped. This thread is too marvelous to do this.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I have learned from living here... is while most Europeans I have met don't think it is a big deal to tease about other countries, in the US we are not used to it and it is considered very rude.

This doesn't match with my experience as an American expat who has lived in Asia for years, and has done business in and with Europeans for over a decade. My personal experience is that sometimes the teasing is meant in good taste and other times it is not. Context matters. The amount of teasing that has gone on among my American, British and Australian colleagues and myself (an American) would make many people cringe. I've always had to tip toe around the French in this area. My guess is that it's an individual thing and the broad generalization that you are making is not appropriate.

I don't disagree that the context matters, my point was overall one of the things I have noticed is that the teasing is much more prevalent than I expected or was used to here and is most of the time in good taste. I agree when I first moved I would get very offended by the teasing of Americans I heard but overtime have gotten used to it. Also note that I said the Europeans "I have met" when I said this and not all Europeans. I live in an areas that has a huge mix of people from all over Europe so I feel like I have met people from most cultures and never meant to generalize. What I was trying to get across to here or help her understand is that the way people perceive things is very different depending on the culture and while she didn't think it was rude other may perceive it that way.
  • Jusjerzy
    Jusjerzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job! You found what works for you and you did it! I don't understand why this is so hard for some folks to comprehend!
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Asians can be a tad sensitive too. They are just passive-aggressive enough not to vocalize it like the French.

I keed, I keed. But seriously, why are we derailing Hoss' awesome thread with cultural diversification?

GP. Dropped. This thread is too marvelous to do this.

Saw this after my response... completely agree. Congratulations on your success Hoss!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    See if they get invited to the barbecue!
  • toridehaven
    Options
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    And I ate no fried foods and had less than 2000 calories yesterday. I also hiked several miles and burned 1500 calories per my hrm. How am I not healthy by having fried foods on special occasions? Must be a bummer to be so negative.

Hoss, you rock, and I want this to go into my newsfeed.

You've lost a ton of weight, retained positive attitude, and still enjoy good food. You've built new habits that clearly stick.

You've mastered the mental game... and this is what is most important, IMO.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hoss this is fact you rock!!

AN you food I want it!! Just saying =)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I gained weight just thinking about all of that. YUM.

But the onion states the following:

New Study Finds It Is Impossible To Lose Weight, No One Has Ever Done It, And Those Who Are Trying Should Give Up

WASHINGTON—According to a groundbreaking new study published Monday in the Journal Of The American Medical Association, it is impossible to lose weight, no one has ever lost a single pound of fat through diet or exercise, and those attempting to do so are advised to abandon their weight loss goals immediately.

The study, conducted by scientists at The National Weight Control Registry, determined conclusively that shedding excess weight has never occurred, changing your appearance is impossible, and that it actually feels “pretty nice” to just give up and realize that you’re powerless to alter your body mass index in any way, shape, or form.

“Our findings indicate that if you’re trying to lose weight, you will fail—and that’s because you can’t, no one has, and you need to stop trying because it will never happen,” said Dr. Rena Wing, lead author of the report. “You could work out every day and eat nothing, and you still wouldn’t lose an ounce. And the sooner you throw up your hands and make peace with that fact, the better off you’ll be.”

“Our data demonstrates that you’re doomed to look the way you look,” Wing added. “You are stuck in your body and it’s never going to look any better than it does right now. In fact, it will only get worse.”

According to the study, running on a treadmill every morning at 6 a.m. will not help anyone lose weight, and neither will cutting carbohydrates from one’s diet, eating smaller portions throughout the day, doing yoga, or hiring a personal trainer. In addition, the study went on to state that everyone who tried the previous methods have only ended up feeling disappointed and in some cases heartbroken, especially after individuals step onto a scale and realize that, after two weeks of healthy eating and nonstop exercise, they’ve actually gained two or more pounds.

The report added that skinny people stay skinny, overweight people remain overweight, that’s how it has always been, that’s how it will always be, and every study, book, or news article you’ve ever read that has told you otherwise has been totally and completely wrong.

“Going to the gym is a waste of time if you are doing it to lose weight,” said University of California physiologist Dr. Andrew Novak, adding that time working out would be better spent reading, spending time with your family, sleeping, watching television, or eating. “Now, if you are exercising to prevent heart disease or cancer, well, new evidence has come to light that exercise actually doesn’t help fend off any sort of debilitating illness. In fact, it never has, and the only thing that can help you avoid terminal diseases is pure, blind fate.”

“Sorry,” he added.

The study went on to say that while losing weight is impossible, gaining weight is not only well within the realm of what is physically achievable, but is “remarkably easy and 100 percent inevitable.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-study-finds-it-is-impossible-to-lose-weight-no,32770/
  • sealy723
    sealy723 Posts: 9
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOW!!! That's amazing, Congratulations...
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    See if they get invited to the barbecue!

LMAO!!!! :laugh:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You do realize that The Onion is not an actual news source don't you? I am hoping that your post is meant as a joke, altho many people on here will not realize that the article is indeed a joke, and now this thread will take a completely new course.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You were morbidly obese.
    You still are.

You were eating like crap before.
    You are eating like crap now.

Let me get this straight - making a post about processed, fried and unhealthy food is in fact helpful to the countless number of people on this site trying to lose weight?

Oh I get it - jeez am so dumb at times, nah it's actually eating less of the same crap ( moderation please ) the way to go.
    Yep gotcha :-)

At the weight you started - you will lose weight even if you cut down ONE single fried onion from the crap you are eating - get this you are FAT.

Isn't this suppose to be some kind of lifestyle change? Where's the change? Give it a year, give it two years, give it five years, you will be back to where you started.

Like many others, we will see a post from you too -"Back Again".

If I am mean, so be it.

Now let all those superfit, super toned people, who lift super heavy and eat pizza and ice cream every thing day have a hissy fit at me. I couldn't care less. You know why? Look below - do you see a ticker? None. Never had a weight problem. Never will. And I speak in absolutes.

Do you see a ticker below majority of the people who will be having a hissing fit at me? Plenty.

I wish you luck. I wish you good health. Most of all, wishful thinking - people stop this silly business as there are some people right here right now who are truly struggling with their eating habits and hoping to make changes.

Respectfully,
    N

Respectfully?

donotthink.jpg
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    The lack of reading comprehension of the original post by some members here... is astounding.

mind-blown.gif

Well done Hoss...and I wish you continued success!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    WOW! If thats what you ate to lose I can't imagine what you ate to gain...

Doesnt work for me.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

Nobody cares.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You do realize that The Onion is not an actual news source don't you? I am hoping that your post is meant as a joke, altho many people on here will not realize that the article is indeed a joke, and now this thread will take a completely new course.

If people are unable to discern that that article is fallacious, then I sincerely doubt their contribution to this (or any other) thread will be that meaningful anyhow.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

His method would absolutely work for you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

He ate that... just a whole lot more and a whole lot more often.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!