What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    WOW! If thats what you ate to lose I can't imagine what you ate to gain...

Doesnt work for me.

Huh? What doesn't work for you? Eating at an overall calorie deficit doesn't work for you?

I sincerely doubt that.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    This approach to posting about food intake is severely misleading.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This guy gets it!!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Misleading? How?
  • persistantone
    persistantone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You were morbidly obese.
    You still are.

You were eating like crap before.
    You are eating like crap now.

Let me get this straight - making a post about processed, fried and unhealthy food is in fact helpful to the countless number of people on this site trying to lose weight?

Oh I get it - jeez am so dumb at times, nah it's actually eating less of the same crap ( moderation please ) the way to go.
    Yep gotcha :-)

At the weight you started - you will lose weight even if you cut down ONE single fried onion from the crap you are eating - get this you are FAT.

Isn't this suppose to be some kind of lifestyle change? Where's the change? Give it a year, give it two years, give it five years, you will be back to where you started.

Like many others, we will see a post from you too -"Back Again".

If I am mean, so be it.

Now let all those superfit, super toned people, who lift super heavy and eat pizza and ice cream every thing day have a hissy fit at me. I couldn't care less. You know why? Look below - do you see a ticker? None. Never had a weight problem. Never will. And I speak in absolutes.

Do you see a ticker below majority of the people who will be having a hissing fit at me? Plenty.

I wish you luck. I wish you good health. Most of all, wishful thinking - people stop this silly business as there are some people right here right now who are truly struggling with their eating habits and hoping to make changes.

Respectfully,
    N

Why are you so upset?
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

Huh? What doesn't work for you? Eating at an overall calorie deficit doesn't work for you?

I sincerely doubt that.

With foods that calorically dense, NO it wouldn't work for me because I'd eat one thing and be at my limit and starving the rest of the day which would cause me to eat my own arm that evening. so NO, his method wouldnt work for me... Good for him, bad for me. And portion control my butt. Who wants to eat 3 french fries. I want them ALL...
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

I think it is actually severely realistic, severely honest, severely impressive and severely misconstrued by some people.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.
    Sorry about your imagination.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

I sincerely doubt that.

With foods that calorically dense, NO it wouldn't work for me because I'd eat one thing and be at my limit and starving the rest of the day which would cause me to eat my own arm that evening. so NO, his method wouldnt work for me... Good for him, bad for me. And portion control my butt. Who wants to eat 3 french fries. I want them ALL...

Enjoy your lettuce and skim water.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

I sincerely doubt that.

Enjoy your lettuce and skim water.
    never said I ate lettuce and skim water. or that I was eating 1200 calories. Or that I was in starvation mode. Or that a calorie is a calorie.
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but

Oh yeah, ONLY sweetness follows this kind of phrasing. Only. Sweetness.
    seeing all these types of foods at once made my stomach hurt. :bigsmile:
    Maybe it's just a matter of perception - seeing all the pics in only one sequence - but still. Too much fried stuff (yikes!) to my french-trained taste; no fresh, raw veggies (yeah onions are veggies... fried in this case)! (Ah, Americans! :wink: )
    Or maybe you just meant to point out that one doesn't need to restrict as long as there's a deficit?

Anyway, congrats for your great success so far!
    And there it is. (Ah, stereotypical French-trained condescension! :wink: )

Fortunately, the French clients I've taken out to dinner in the Southeast have very much enjoyed the flavors and the introduction to American wines. Most French are not like this. It's like hearing the most obnoxious New Yorker in traffic and saying all Americans behave that way.

Most French are not like this. --> Not like what?? really, this is getting annoying. There is only one person that replied to my comment who actually understood what I was saying (moderation etc).

Now the ones that took it like condescendence, it's sad that you don't understand what I'm writing.

I love frog legs with garlic and parsley. If an American told me that it's really not his type of food I wouldn't insult him and say he's being stupid for not understanding the traditions . So why would I let YOU do that about me.

you made the comment "Ah, Americans':wink: which came off pretty condescending. You say that his food choices are not up to your "french tastes". If you ate that healthy to being with (with the fruits and veggies etc that you mentioned) you most likely wouldn't be on a weight loss website!!! Who cares if it isn't what you like. im sure he didn't eat like this every day! He obviously has been eating healthy if he lost 150lbs!

This is why your post came off as condescending..:grumble:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

I sincerely doubt that.

That's where a little self control comes in. You eat smaller portions, and get extra calories from exercise.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Doesnt work for me.

You know that little filter that everyone has, that sometimes says "Maybe I shouldn't say this"

Yours is broken.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!