What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Holy Lord! You obviously live in the South.

my first thought too.

Yep - A Southern Gentleman obviously - gotta low that soulfood!
  • Dream24601
    Dream24601 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Would it be to much to ask for some recipes?
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! Love the success story & LOVE, LOVE the idea of still eating some of the same foods - just in moderation, etc. I do this several times a week, also.
    Its amazing what you will eliminate when you find out how much your gonna have to work out! __ and what your willing to do the extra hour in order to have! Yay for the red velvet cheesecake!!!
  • sherrihuntsmith
    sherrihuntsmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hoss, I love you!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    But HOSS - You forgot to eat the KALE 'n TOFU lettuce wraps that were recommended!!!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Red velvet with cheesecake! Fried pickles! I know what I'm getting next time I go out to eat. :-)

Congrats on your success so far. Keep up the good work.
  • Beauty4Ashes2268
    Options
    Dang, those look like some good eats! Congrats on your weight loss success so far. I like how you mix things up a bit and the most important is that you are getting in your activity as well. Thank you for sharing. :smile:
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

You seem to have missed the multitude of threads from people like me who eat real food and still lose weight. Hoss has done an amazing job, lost an incredible amount of weight, and you can't simply say "good job"?

I'm cutting right now, weigh 185 pounds, and had ice cream, an ice cream sandwich and a beer yesterday. This man is an inspiration to anyone thinking they need surgical help and a special diet to lose weight, and he's a hell of an inspiration to me too.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I grew up in East Texas where basically all food is the same color of light brown. My mom liked to say we had a healthy diet with lots of veggies, but they were all battered and fried so kinda negated the healthiness.

Congrats on your progress so far, while still keeping some of the foods you love.

I find it a personal victory that very few of those foods hold any appeal to me anymore. I do miss catfish and hushpuppies, but the last time I did have them, they just didn't taste the same. And just caused me some major heartburn. I make some amazing oven-fried fish now tho, that I enjoy much more.

DQ dipped cones, however, will always remain an option for me if they fit into my macros for the day!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Holy Lord! You obviously live in the South.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Or maybe you just meant to point out that one doesn't need to restrict as long as there's a deficit?

I think he stated this in his OP
    Oh, and in before clean eaters heads explode
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You've lost a 150lbs?

Daaaaaaaaaamn dude, you are smashing it.

Top banana on finding what you feel comfortable doing and what works for you.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    You're awesome Hoss.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WOW Congrats on your success!!!! incredible!!!! the food looks amazing to me. :) love this thread!!! :love:
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Greatest thread ever
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i should not have opened this before i've eaten... i'm about to gnaw on a limb!! holy crap that looks good.

you are awesome, and you are one of my biggest inspirations on here.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't eat like this all the time. the whole point is that you don't have to cut out all the "evil" foods. Geeze people.

As for whether or not I can continue to eat this way..... see you in a year or so.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!