What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

You seem to have missed the multitude of threads from people like me who eat real food and still lose weight. Hoss has done an amazing job, lost an incredible amount of weight, and you can't simply say "good job"?

I'm cutting right now, weigh 185 pounds, and had ice cream, an ice cream sandwich and a beer yesterday. This man is an inspiration to anyone thinking they need surgical help and a special diet to lose weight, and he's a hell of an inspiration to me too.

Awesome response; thanks for posting that! :)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

wrong.

Yep.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

You seem to have missed the multitude of threads from people like me who eat real food and still lose weight. Hoss has done an amazing job, lost an incredible amount of weight, and you can't simply say "good job"?

I'm cutting right now, weigh 185 pounds, and had ice cream, an ice cream sandwich and a beer yesterday. This man is an inspiration to anyone thinking they need surgical help and a special diet to lose weight, and he's a hell of an inspiration to me too.

Couldn't even come close to matching your eloquence and grace, so x2, ditto.

This man has done what most will not, simply through sheer determination, stubbornness, and an unstoppable-ness that few people possess. I Kowtow to his greatness
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! My hat is off to you sir :)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

^This. (Except for the bit about being a 185 pound male ;) )
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

I realize that Hoss' food pictures were somewhat overwhelming, but you missed the point... EAT AT A DEFICIT!

Reading is FUNdamental.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy.

EASY? -- Really?

yes. its easy. you can eat ridiculous amounts of calories and still lose weight.

You're missing the entire point of the post.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I need your home address because I am moving in!

^^^^ Yep!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

EASY? -- Really?

yes. its easy. you can eat ridiculous amounts of calories and still lose weight.

I think there are thousands of people that would disagree with and even take offense to that comment.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS MAN!!!!! You are an inspiration <3
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't eat like this all the time. the whole point is that you don't have to cut out all the "evil" foods. Geeze people.

As for whether or not I can continue to eat this way..... see you in a year or so.

BRAVO!!! I'm betting we see less of you in a year or so. Some people just can't look far enough beyond their own noses to read plain and simple talk when they see it.

You look awesome! Looks like you've found your balance. Way to go!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

wrong.

lol

sorry, where are my manners?

wrong:flowerforyou:
  • NoirDancer
    NoirDancer Posts: 62
    Options
    I. WANT.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

You've been around here long enough to see the daily whining from morbidly obese people posting threads that they can't lose, right? You know, the ones who claim they're only eating 1200 calories a day and burning 2000 in exercise?

He isn't eating like that all the time. I see his food diary and it's not that different from mine most of the time. But he does treat himself within his calorie goals from time to time.

Good Lord, how hard is it to understand the word "moderation?"
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You're such an inspiration!!! Great loss :D
  • brit21187
    brit21187 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YUM YUM and more YUM!!! you are an inspiration. It stinks cutting out all the yummy food. But you have shown it works to eat your way. I'm in all day long !!!!! haha. You look AMAZING!! Keep up the good work. You ROCK :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

I realize that Hoss' food pictures were somewhat overwhelming, but you missed the point... EAT AT A DEFICIT!

Reading is FUNdamental.

eating at a deficit isnt the only part of being healthy. i can eat 2000 cals a day of fried food a day and lose weight but will that make me healthy? no. thats part of my point.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Red velvet mixed with cheesecake?

Red velvet mixed with cheesecake.

4757-omg-so-amazing.gif

This.

I'm glad for you... but you have just become my undoing.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

EASY? -- Really?

Hoss isn't saying that these foods were all that he ate to lose 150 lbs. He is saying that he was able to balance his diet between healthy foods and all this deliciousness so that he could enjoy the foods that he loves and still lose.

I don't really understand the opposition to a message of moderation.
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    *looks for the drooling smiley*

Well played, sir! Common sense prevails! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!