What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy.

EASY? -- Really?

yes. its easy. you can eat ridiculous amounts of calories and still lose weight.

I think there are thousands of people that would disagree with and even take offense to that comment.

^^This...you're kidding, right? Please go read up on basic nutrition before you go spouting pouty jealousy-based crap. And while you're at it, take your butthurt elsewhere. There's no call for being a Negative Nancy, just because he's having success while eating what he likes.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't eat like this all the time. the whole point is that you don't have to cut out all the "evil" foods. Geeze people.

As for whether or not I can continue to eat this way..... see you in a year or so.

AWESOME JOB!! I totally appreciate you posting the delicious food that you ate along the way because you proved a good point ...you ate what you wanted in moderation and 150LBS LOST! Congrats again and thank you for sharing your story...and pictures....and DIG the DQ photo!! i look like that when i'm about to eat ice cream too! lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

I realize that Hoss' food pictures were somewhat overwhelming, but you missed the point... EAT AT A DEFICIT!

Reading is FUNdamental.

eating at a deficit isnt the only part of being healthy. i can eat 2000 cals a day of fried food a day and lose weight but will that make me healthy? no. thats part of my point.

I'm pretty sure losing 150 lbs did make him healthier regardless of how he did it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

wrong.

lol

sorry, where are my manners?

wrong:flowerforyou:

Happy-Hug-Day_wallpaper.JPG
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

You seem to have missed the multitude of threads from people like me who eat real food and still lose weight. Hoss has done an amazing job, lost an incredible amount of weight, and you can't simply say "good job"?

I'm cutting right now, weigh 185 pounds, and had ice cream, an ice cream sandwich and a beer yesterday. This man is an inspiration to anyone thinking they need surgical help and a special diet to lose weight, and he's a hell of an inspiration to me too.

LOVE THE ABOVE STATEMENT - and congrats!!! Amazing job :-)
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Can you sit my husband down and explain this to him? He gets cold sweats thinking he can't have brisket ever again.

Awesome job on the loss, and on finding a balance!!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Hoss man....I said this morning I am eating all zee foods today and then you post this....are you trying to see how far I will go???

WTG on your loss buddy and for all those that think it is so easy....EAT IT...and not the foods he pictured...I am quite sure you know what I mean.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've never had deep fried pickles. After reading this, I think its the #1 thing missing from my life right now.

Yes. Yes it is. I am still trying to figure out a GF alternative to this because I MISS THEM SO DAMN MUCH
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hoss's Diary > Mine + Yours
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy.

EASY? -- Really?

yes. its easy. you can eat ridiculous amounts of calories and still lose weight.

I think there are thousands of people that would disagree with and even take offense to that comment.

i am not saying its easy to get to your goal weight. im saying its easy to start losing when.

emma-bored.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

wrong.

lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smooched:
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

You seem to have missed the multitude of threads from people like me who eat real food and still lose weight. Hoss has done an amazing job, lost an incredible amount of weight, and you can't simply say "good job"?

I'm cutting right now, weigh 185 pounds, and had ice cream, an ice cream sandwich and a beer yesterday. This man is an inspiration to anyone thinking they need surgical help and a special diet to lose weight, and he's a hell of an inspiration to me too.

Well said my friend....
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

I realize that Hoss' food pictures were somewhat overwhelming, but you missed the point... EAT AT A DEFICIT!

Reading is FUNdamental.

eating at a deficit isnt the only part of being healthy. i can eat 2000 cals a day of fried food a day and lose weight but will that make me healthy? no. thats part of my point.

And I ate no fried foods and had less than 2000 calories yesterday. I also hiked several miles and burned 1500 calories per my hrm. How am I not healthy by having fried foods on special occasions?

Must be a bummer to be so negative.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Thanks though now I have to go sit outside DQ and wait for them to open! Then off for some fried pickles!
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, white bread and mayo sammiches? Not sure about this one. Everything else looks awesome.

You've done great Hoss. Keep it up.

its a southern classic and very delish. try it, i think you'll like. i do. sometimes we add a little shredded chedder over the pineapple. Also for our wedding showers or whatever we mix shredded pineapple with soft cream chees and spread that on the bread and to really show off we will add some chopped pecans.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

wrong.

lol

Happy-Hug-Day_wallpaper.JPG

I like hugs...just be careful of my shins.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Reading is FUNdamental.

And I ate no fried foods and had less than 2000 calories yesterday. I also hiked several miles and burned 1500 calories per my hrm. How am I not healthy by having fried foods on special occasions?

Must be a bummer to be so negative.

Ignore these people. What you're doing is fine, although I'd have eaten more calories yesterday. You could also certainly eat more veggies, though I see you are eating some.

Losing weight is simple. It is NOT easy. Your approach is sensible and, obviously, productive. Hit your macros, get some exercise, and enjoy your life.
  • calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Red velvet mixed with cheesecake?

Red velvet mixed with cheesecake.

4757-omg-so-amazing.gif

I agree
  • SMALbrit
    SMALbrit Posts: 10
    Options
    How in the .... did you eat all this food and lose 150 lbs. Can I move in too :)
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Incredible work, great menu too, you have inspired many people by doing what you did and give many hope, .... and your making many people hungry too!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!