What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

Bro, do you even lift?

lol probably more than you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Why is it always older ladies who think they're the special exceptions to biology and thermodynamics?
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, white bread and mayo sammiches? Not sure about this one. Everything else looks awesome.

You've done great Hoss. Keep it up.

its a southern classic and very delish. try it, i think you'll like. i do. sometimes we add a little shredded chedder over the pineapple. Also for our wedding showers or whatever we mix shredded pineapple with soft cream chees and spread that on the bread and to really show off we will add some chopped pecans.

Born and raised and presently reside not far from Hoss, and I've never tried this.

However, it reminds me of the canned pears with the cream cheese and cheddar filling and the cherry on top.

You know what I'm talking about? What are those called?

i in North Alabama. While growing up we didnt have alot of " desserts" on the table, but most days momma would split pears or use can pears and top them with mayo and cheddar with a cherry on top and she just called ( Pear Salad ) lol..... I still eat this regularly but without the cherry.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight-loss. Really! Great work!

Just want to add that not everybody could eat those foods and lose weight. A common misconception among many MFPers is that everyone is like them. OP, you weighed over 500 pounds! You're male. You're youngish. We are not the same. I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight, as an older lady with not that much to lose.

But thanks for the purty pictures of food. Looked like a selection from Thisiswhyyouarefat.com.

First paragraph 10/10 - supportive, friendly, great.

Second paragraph 2/10 - misinformed, but not completely rude.

Third paragraph 0/10 - Complete *****.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Just want to add that not everybody could eat those foods and lose weight. A common misconception among many MFPers is that everyone is like them. OP, you weighed over 500 pounds! You're male. You're youngish. We are not the same. I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight, as an older lady with not that much to lose.

But thanks for the purty pictures of food. Looked like a selection from Thisiswhyyouarefat.com.

125 pound 40 year old woman here who can eat these foods and lose.

Because I did. In moderation. Within my calorie limits. And with a messed-up metabolism because of chemo. Shall I go on?

Your excuse that you're a woman so it is harder is invalid. #ThisiswhyIwillkeepitoff.com
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Soooooo, you into older women:wink::wink:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

It must be really difficult being a special snowflake whose body works so much differently than everyone else's!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

It doesn't look from your profile like you have a whole lot of experience reaching a goal weight. Maybe you should stop talking and listen to the people who actually did achieve weight and body composition goals after being obese.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't eat like this all the time. the whole point is that you don't have to cut out all the "evil" foods. Geeze people.

As for whether or not I can continue to eat this way..... see you in a year or so.

Yeah, I knew that some people would completely miss the point of your post.....

Sure you can continue to indulge from time to time. I'm 130 pounds and still losing weight while eating foods like this from time to time.

Yesterday I added cheeze whiz and bacon to my hotdog! That's good stuff right there!

there are people out there that think you have to "punish" yourself while losing weight, or it doesn't count. maybe this thread will help them understand that it doesn't have to be that way.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

oooooh.... you're one of those....

you know - the ones who come in and crap all over someone's success story. GTFO.

Cheers to you Hoss!:drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You could if you wanted to. It would just mean that you would have to exercise a little will power.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options

125 pound 40 year old woman here who can eat these foods and lose.

Because I did. In moderation. Within my calorie limits. And with a messed-up metabolism because of chemo. Shall I go on?

Your excuse that you're a woman so it is harder is invalid. #ThisiswhyIwillkeepitoff.com

I love you!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Bro, do you even lift?

lol probably more than you.

LOLOOLOLOLOOL!!!!!!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but

Oh yeah, ONLY sweetness follows this kind of phrasing. Only. Sweetness.
    seeing all these types of foods at once made my stomach hurt. :bigsmile:
    Maybe it's just a matter of perception - seeing all the pics in only one sequence - but still. Too much fried stuff (yikes!) to my french-trained taste; no fresh, raw veggies (yeah onions are veggies... fried in this case)! (Ah, Americans! :wink: )
    Or maybe you just meant to point out that one doesn't need to restrict as long as there's a deficit?

Anyway, congrats for your great success so far!
    And there it is. (Ah, stereotypical French-trained condescension! :wink: )
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    Options
    WOW.. JUST WOW.. CUDDOS TO YOU SIR
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think his main points are:

1. He didn't eat ALL of everything you see, and
    2. He didn't eat it all at once and lose 150 lbs in a week.

Whoever said losing weight while morbidly obese is so wrong. ANYONE trying to lose weight will be fighting a battle to them. Nobody got to where they are right now by sitting around and doing nothing....big OR small.

WAY TO GO on the weight loss!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Why is it always older ladies who think they're the special exceptions to biology and thermodynamics?

It is a convenient excuse as to why they couldnt do it sooner.
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, white bread and mayo sammiches? Not sure about this one. Everything else looks awesome.

You've done great Hoss. Keep it up.

its a southern classic and very delish. try it, i think you'll like. i do. sometimes we add a little shredded chedder over the pineapple. Also for our wedding showers or whatever we mix shredded pineapple with soft cream chees and spread that on the bread and to really show off we will add some chopped pecans.

Born and raised and presently reside not far from Hoss, and I've never tried this.

However, it reminds me of the canned pears with the cream cheese and cheddar filling and the cherry on top.

You know what I'm talking about? What are those called?

i in North Alabama. While growing up we didnt have alot of " desserts" on the table, but most days momma would split pears or use can pears and top them with mayo and cheddar with a cherry on top and she just called ( Pear Salad ) lol..... I still eat this regularly but without the cherry.

Yeah... that's what it is. OM NOM NOM!
  • jonnythan
    Options

It is a convenient excuse as to why they couldnt do it sooner.

Truth.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!