What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    BTW....awesome job and i appreciate the fact you ate food your acustom to and foods you love, i do likewise- just watching the portions.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

Bro, do you even lift?
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

I realize that Hoss' food pictures were somewhat overwhelming, but you missed the point... EAT AT A DEFICIT!

Reading is FUNdamental.

eating at a deficit isnt the only part of being healthy. i can eat 2000 cals a day of fried food a day and lose weight but will that make me healthy? no. thats part of my point.

And I ate no fried foods and had less than 2000 calories yesterday. I also hiked several miles and burned 1500 calories per my hrm. How am I not healthy by having fried foods on special occasions?

Must be a bummer to be so negative.

Congrats on your success!! Keep it up!

Some people just want to be negative about anything. I enjoy unhealthy foods in moderation as well.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fried Catfish ::drools::
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight-loss. Really! Great work!

Just want to add that not everybody could eat those foods and lose weight. A common misconception among many MFPers is that everyone is like them. OP, you weighed over 500 pounds! You're male. You're youngish. We are not the same. I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight, as an older lady with not that much to lose.

But thanks for the purty pictures of food. Looked like a selection from Thisiswhyyouarefat.com.
  • YoungD33
    YoungD33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look happy :) That food makes me happy Hee Hee :drinker:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, white bread and mayo sammiches? Not sure about this one. Everything else looks awesome.

You've done great Hoss. Keep it up.

its a southern classic and very delish. try it, i think you'll like. i do. sometimes we add a little shredded chedder over the pineapple. Also for our wedding showers or whatever we mix shredded pineapple with soft cream chees and spread that on the bread and to really show off we will add some chopped pecans.

Born and raised and presently reside not far from Hoss, and I've never tried this.

However, it reminds me of the canned pears with the cream cheese and cheddar filling and the cherry on top.

You know what I'm talking about? What are those called?
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't eat like this all the time. the whole point is that you don't have to cut out all the "evil" foods. Geeze people.

As for whether or not I can continue to eat this way..... see you in a year or so.

Yeah, I knew that some people would completely miss the point of your post.....

Sure you can continue to indulge from time to time. I'm 130 pounds and still losing weight while eating foods like this from time to time.

Yesterday I added cheeze whiz and bacon to my hotdog! That's good stuff right there!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I need your home address because I am moving in!

Werd.

Fantastic achievement.
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think you are going to have to make room for a whole bunch more houseguests! I TOTALLY agree with you. If you cut all of it out, you might as well forget it because you won't stick with it.

Ok and the cake + cheesecake? That is so good it has to be wrong. I'm going to try to make that!!

PS. The ice cream cone pic should be your profile. Just sayin!
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So here I am at the ripe old age of 40.
    534a63a2-a129-4e52-a282-f12cd10706f5_zps09ca920f.jpg

Here I am this week, 150 POUNDS lighter!
    0607131149a_zps72346414.jpg

Eat at a deficit. Get enough protein. Do some resistance training along with cardio.

Live your life as you want to live it when you are smaller.

So for your true motivation, I now show you some of the stuff that I have eaten along the way. :-)

One of my favorites...
    Boston Butt! (Pork shoulder)
    0331131320a_zpsb0634676.jpg

My next favorite...
    Catfish, hush puppies, onion rings, and cheese grits.
    0601131801_zps923ce90b.jpg

Can't forget... RIBS!
    0316131643_zpsc2f6c978.jpg

Red Velvet mixed with cheese cake.
    0526131529a_zps12f4c983.jpg

Oysters!
    0523131756_zps2059b299.jpg

Ice Cream!
    0522131509_zps7e30e4c1.jpg

Chicken and Cracklin corn bread (yes, corn bread with chunks of pig fat in it)
    0413131222_zps1521c1bf.jpg

Low-country boil. Shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn, and onions all in one big yummy pile.
    0406131902_zpsc0655b87.jpg

Self explanatory...
    0331131354-1_zps87502a56.jpg

Yeah, all of that. Especially the pinapple, white bread and mayo sammiches!
    0330131214_zps6c5431bd.jpg

Strawberry short cake!
    0316131505a_zps3b96cf0e.jpg

Chili cheese fries!
    0225131854a_zps50db82aa.jpg

Patty melt at the Waffle House! Scattered, smothered, and covered.
    0210130841_zpsfdc9511d.jpg

Fried pickles!
    photo_zps51af2d5f.jpg

Chili Dogs! (I have this lunch every Sunday almost)
    0602131245_zps8f01bb55.jpg

and finally.. oh look! More fish, hushpuppies, and potatoes!
    0522131805a_zps55f99688.jpg

Sort of overdoing it here. But YOU CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT! And you don't have to totally eliminate all the good stuff. Just use your head.

I just creamed my pants looking at all that food...
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Bro, do you even lift?

Let me buy you a beer.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are amazing. I don't think my husband would mind me moving in too, in fact, he'd probably beat me to the door!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ok... I want some of EVERYTHING!!! Great job losing 150lbs, by the way!
  • bLui_bella
    bLui_bella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've never had deep fried pickles. After reading this, I think its the #1 thing missing from my life right now.

They are pretty awesome!! I like the spears better than the chips... Not nearly as salty tasting :) With Ranch or Bleu Chesse MMMMM!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, now I will go day dream about the redvelvet cheescake...again lol
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Priceless!! You're awesome....and damn if I don't miss the South :)
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight-loss. Really! Great work!

Just want to add that not everybody could eat those foods and lose weight. A common misconception among many MFPers is that everyone is like them. OP, you weighed over 500 pounds! You're male. You're youngish. We are not the same. I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight, as an older lady with not that much to lose.

But thanks for the purty pictures of food. Looked like a selection from Thisiswhyyouarefat.com.

No.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight,

That is 100% completely absurdly ridiculously false.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I think I have a crush on you now.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!