What I ate while losing the FIRST 150 pounds

Options

Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight-loss. Really! Great work!

Just want to add that not everybody could eat those foods and lose weight. A common misconception among many MFPers is that everyone is like them. OP, you weighed over 500 pounds! You're male. You're youngish. We are not the same. I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight, as an older lady with not that much to lose.

But thanks for the purty pictures of food. Looked like a selection from Thisiswhyyouarefat.com.

First paragraph 10/10 - supportive, friendly, great.

Second paragraph 2/10 - misinformed, but not completely rude.

Third paragraph 0/10 - Complete *****.

Third paragraph rude and uncalled for.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight-loss. Really! Great work!

Just want to add that not everybody could eat those foods and lose weight. A common misconception among many MFPers is that everyone is like them. OP, you weighed over 500 pounds! You're male. You're youngish. We are not the same. I could never eat those things, not even a smidge of those things, and lose weight, as an older lady with not that much to lose.

But thanks for the purty pictures of food. Looked like a selection from Thisiswhyyouarefat.com.

First paragraph 10/10 - supportive, friendly, great.

Second paragraph 2/10 - misinformed, but not completely rude.

Third paragraph 0/10 - Complete *****.

Agreed.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

Bro, do you even lift?

lol probably more than you.

Try me.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Red velvet cheesecake? Oh my god.

Fantastic job on your weight loss. Eating at a deficit is all it takes (plus motivation and self control) I can't wait to see your success story when you hit your goal weight.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Red velvet mixed with cheesecake?

Red velvet mixed with cheesecake.

4757-omg-so-amazing.gif

Oh it's like a dream!!!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    No matter how you slice it, losing 150 lbs is a major accomplishment. It takes enormous motivation and effort to keep on the track and get to where he's at. Hoss is boss.

The message is the correct one: you can eat what you love, as long as you do it in moderation. If your goal is weight loss, you can eat whatever you like as long as you can keep your calorie deficit. Keeping a deficit means either limit the quantity of food or increase the amount of exercise, or both.

Each of the food pictured easily has 4-digit calories if taken in full portion. He either takes a small portion of them, or compensates by doing heavy exercise, or both. As long as he can eat what he loves, he can make this a permanent habit, a lifestyle. Staying healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Good lord. Why does this need to be so difficult?

The key to successful dieting is adherence - essentially finding a programme that keeps the person in a caloric deficit consistently (and therefore which suits their preferences generally.) How they choose to structure that diet is down to them.

That is what the OP has found.

He should be congratulated for that.
  • nomalle
    nomalle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow!!!congrats on losing so much weight. it's wonderful!!! i dont recognize half the stuff though and it seems EVERYTHING is fried. even pickles.... wow.... . me i put 1 fried thing in my mouth and i gain weight..
    but congratulation because you must have found the secret balance of eating this kind of food and loosing weight.
    In this weight loss journey it is a discovery of whatever works for you. and i am still learning....:smile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but

Oh yeah, ONLY sweetness follows this kind of phrasing. Only. Sweetness.
    seeing all these types of foods at once made my stomach hurt. :bigsmile:
    Maybe it's just a matter of perception - seeing all the pics in only one sequence - but still. Too much fried stuff (yikes!) to my french-trained taste; no fresh, raw veggies (yeah onions are veggies... fried in this case)! (Ah, Americans! :wink: )
    Or maybe you just meant to point out that one doesn't need to restrict as long as there's a deficit?

Anyway, congrats for your great success so far!
    And there it is. (Ah, stereotypical French-trained condescension! :wink: )

Fortunately, the French clients I've taken out to dinner in the Southeast have very much enjoyed the flavors and the introduction to American wines. Most French are not like this. It's like hearing the most obnoxious New Yorker in traffic and saying all Americans behave that way.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Red velvet mixed with cheesecake?

Red velvet mixed with cheesecake.

4757-omg-so-amazing.gif

That's what I was thinking!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    congratulations! i love your story, love your pictures, love your attitude !
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while being morbidly obese is easy. i should know i was pushing 300 at one point. trying to hit your goal weight while eating like that with any regularity is going to be next to impossible.

It doesn't look from your profile like you have a whole lot of experience reaching a goal weight. Maybe you should stop talking and listen to the people who actually did achieve weight and body composition goals after being obese.

thats my point. im further along in losing weight than the OP. in the beginning i was eaitng a lot less healthier and losing weight was easy. i still ate fast food for example. but as the weight came off that became harder and harder and i had to really start to regulate what i ate.

as for my profile pics fwiw they are from december. i stepped updating and using mfp for that once i found something better.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for me this time has been so easy! I figured out I can still eat cake, candy, cookies, brownies, ice cream, soda, Bacon, etc and still lose! It is all about moderation! LOL

Green beans with a hunk of fat back, Brown beans with a hog leg, Mac and Cheese or shall I say cheese with a little macaroni in it! LOL Corn muffins and fried greens in bacon.

Doc says my blood work is great and even took me off of my cholesterol meds! This time I am losing and keeping it off! Praise the Lord!!!!
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    OH WOW!!! That looks amazing. I moved from the South about 3 years ago and I miss this food!! I didn't gain weight until I moved and STOPPED eating this food....hmmm according to all the logic I see in this thread, that must prove that NOT eating southern food makes you fat.

In all seriousness, congrats on your weight loss and congrats on being smart enough to know you can still enjoy all that yummy food!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    all the fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*good job, sir :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

It doesn't look from your profile like you have a whole lot of experience reaching a goal weight. Maybe you should stop talking and listen to the people who actually did achieve weight and body composition goals after being obese.

thats my point. im further along in losing weight than the OP. in the beginning i was eaitng a lot less healthier and losing weight was easy. i still ate fast food for example. but as the weight came off that became harder and harder and i had to really start to regulate what i ate.

as for my profile pics fwiw they are from december. i stepped updating and using mfp for that once i found something better.

Claim you're better'n someone. Check.
    Claim alternatives besides your method of choice can't work. Check.
    Give an excuse for why your profile pics are entirely underwhelming. Check.
    Unable to lift much or do anything impressive athletically. Yet to be determined.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm so hungry now...... That food looks way better than my protein shake.

Congrats on the weight loss! :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

And yet you ignore those of us who have completed the loss and bulked and cut. If you've found something better then move along. You are adding nothing but negativity and I'm starting to actually feel sorry for you. You sound like someone who is forcing himself to suffer and wants to bring everyone else down with him.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    fn amazing! Great job man. Completely inspiring.

For all of the special people trying to poke holes in this...seek professional help, soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!