anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• betsytooley05
    betsytooley05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised how many are unhappy at 145lbs! I'm 5'4 and started at 219lbs and weigh in now at 159lbs with the aim to get to 145lbs. I'm seriously happy with how I'm looking now but will continue to lose the last bit to be a healthy height for my weight according to the nhs. I wear a UK size 12 right now and if I got to a size 10 I'd def be really happy but I'm also happy at a 12. I think it's essential to have a goal, to have something to work towards but that goal can be as flexible as you want it to be! Good luck! X
    8b8jhgnf72x2.png
    95961ty805kb.jpeg
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently 157 (SW 174) and my original goal was 154. Now that I am close I am probably going to aim for 144 (30 pounds total) and that will also improve my BMI. I've been thinner before (125-135 through high school and college) but I feel as if 145 is an attainable, healthy weight.
  • placidegirl
    placidegirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and 152, and not happy with it at all. I'm the wrong side of a size 8 US/12 UK and since I store fat on my tummy I look pregnant and super-chunky. This is day 1 for me on MFP, I've been as high as 180 7 years ago and got down to 140 2 years ago and I still felt too big. I've set my goal at 126 but we'll see. Any loss would be a win if you know what I mean
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a guy 5'3" and 140. Being short isn't so fun.
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and a size uk 10/12 and weigh in at 164 lbs and I'm really happy with how I look and feel, don't get hung up by numbers they are only a guide line ????
    I'm 5'4 and a size uk 10/12 and weigh in at 164 lbs and I'm really happy with how I look and feel, don't get hung up by numbers they are only a guide line ????

This is so weird, I'm 5ft 4ins and 168lbs so only 4 lbs more and yet I am a big 14, small 16 uk size. I wonder why it seems to vary so much! My goal is 147 and hopefully I will be a 10/12 then.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What??

If you don't like what you see in the mirror do something about it. Did you ride the short bus?

If find this incredibly insulting as a parent with special needs kids.

This! I too have a son with special needs, and he is an amazing miracle. I find it absolutely rude and thoughtless to joke like that.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    V interesting responses. At 5'5" and 210lbs I was a size 14/16 (us) and very unhappy. At 170 I was a size 12 and now I've stalled in terms of weightloss but bf% has definitely decreased...i wear a 10 regularly and an 8 in some brands. Very happy about my progress but I am betting at 145, because of how I carry my weight, i will love my body as much as I do now!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    V interesting responses. At 5'5" and 210lbs I was a size 14/16 (us) and very unhappy. At 170 I was a size 12 and now I've stalled in terms of weightloss but bf% has definitely decreased...i wear a 10 regularly and an 8 in some brands. Very happy about my progress but I am betting at 145, because of how I carry my weight, i will love my body as much as I do now!
    It is interesting. I'm 143-ish, at 5'5" and only now in a size 10 down from a 14+ when I was 185. I don't know if it's an age thing, but I'm 48 and pretty happy with where I am now. I'd be quite happy to lose to 135, but I'm equally ok with maintaining where I am now.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Happiness is a choice
  • iruog
    iruog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised how many are unhappy at 145lbs! I'm 5'4 and started at 219lbs and weigh in now at 159lbs with the aim to get to 145lbs. I'm seriously happy with how I'm looking now but will continue to lose the last bit to be a healthy height for my weight according to the nhs. I wear a UK size 12 right now and if I got to a size 10 I'd def be really happy but I'm also happy at a 12. I think it's essential to have a goal, to have something to work towards but that goal can be as flexible as you want it to be! Good luck! X
    8b8jhgnf72x2.png
    95961ty805kb.jpeg

Am 163 @ 5'3, a size 12 and some styles size 14 (UK sizes) my aim is to reach 130 lbs thats because of the way i carry my weight. My problem areas are my arms and tummy. Just cant seem to lose any on my arms, my arms are like your pre loss picture.

Hoping to achieve my goals...first step is to get to 150, next 140 & 130 ...and maintain it
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I was very happy 140-145 pounds. Granted, my goal weight is 130 now (I am a couple inches shorter than you lol) Don't worry about what everyone else thinks your goal should be, don't worry about the number on the scale. Just get to a place where you are happy with yourself and healthy and do you. If I weighed what everyone in my family wanted me to weight I would stay big because me being "thin" is an issue for at least half of them and if I let randoms chose my weight I would be 115 pounds and I hate my body at 115 pounds. Find a spot where you are happy with you, and you'll know you've reached your goal.
  • Icandoit233
    Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4/5'5. I weighted 160 then got down to 145 for a while. I was unhappy. I am now 122 lbs and still unhappy with the way I look. My goal is 115 lbs
  • mayamiljevic
    mayamiljevic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, 120lbs, but my body is not toned,,I am happy with my weight, but not happy with the way I look,, I workout 3 times a week, cadio weight training ,ab exercise , but my tummy still not toned, any advice girls? X
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and hovering around 143-145lbs. I'm not very happy with it, because I have quite a lot of fat in my belly area and thighs. I'm still wearing (somewhat loose) size 12 pants. I'm very much a pear shape. I'd like to lose another 10-15lbs or so, but I'm also working on recomp. So my "goal weight" is not so firm, but it's a number my doctor thinks is appropriate.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    iruog wrote: »
    8b8jhgnf72x2.png
    95961ty805kb.jpeg

Am 163 @ 5'3, a size 12 and some styles size 14 (UK sizes) my aim is to reach 130 lbs thats because of the way i carry my weight. My problem areas are my arms and tummy. Just cant seem to lose any on my arms, my arms are like your pre loss picture.

Hoping to achieve my goals...first step is to get to 150, next 140 & 130 ...and maintain it

oops, quoted the wrong person.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    8b8jhgnf72x2.png
    95961ty805kb.jpeg

First of all, you look AMAZING! So beautiful and fit!

I agree though, I'm surprised at how many people are unhappy. When I look on Fitbay.com or the body gallery website I see how different my same height and weight can look on different people. It's all about body composition, I think. For example right now I'm 5'4 and 168. I wear a US size 10 (sometimes even an 8), and I'm very content. I'm still looking to lose a little, because I know it's the only way to get the fat off the problem areas since it's impossible to spot reduce. I really like my size now overall, and I would imagine that if I was at my goal weight of 145 I would feel like a goddess.
  • EmilyHughes801
    EmilyHughes801 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and 145ish. I wish I was taller that way it wouldn't be so bad. I used to be 165 and around this time last year I was 135, so my weight changes pretty quickly. Still trying to lose the last 10-20 pounds of my weight lose journey.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am not 145 right now , but it is my overall goal range.

In the 140s. (I'm 5'5)

IMG_0585_zps1553567c.jpg
  • knfigura
    knfigura Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @mayamiljevic check out fitnessblender(dot)com. They have great videos to do at home and are easy to do with a busy schedule. (they are not affiliated with any special diets or products, just common sense workouts that work).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm not happy in the 140s at all. I ran a bulk cycle and gained weight from 128 to 145 (my highest weight was 178 before I got to 128), and even though many of those pounds gained were water, some muscle (I lift heavy), and a few fat...still not petite enough for my liking. I'm cutting now and am not sure where I'll end up but I'm more comfortable under 135. The 120s are not maintainable for me though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!