anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Im trying to find my goal weight and I wanted to see success stories for women around 5'5" and about 145 lbs to see if that is what I want

5'5"
    SW 146
    GW 120

Not happy in a UK 10/12 but everyone is different. We all have a different journey/different destination.

Good luck!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 49yrs. old, 5'5", SW 153, CW 133, GW 120's. I am happy with my results so far but am wanting to get my BF% down. I am currently at 29%....if my scales are right.
  • MelidaTatiana
    MelidaTatiana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't write but.. I am already. I am 5'3" and 145 - I feel humongous. :/ gained 50 pounds with my pregnancy, lost 40 and gained 5 back. This means I need to lose at least those 15 pounds to feel normal.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 20lbs and am now between 140-145 and LOVE IT! a few years ago, I was 120ish, but where I am at now, I feel way more womanly. (Not to say women thinner arent womanly!!) :)
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 146.7lbs at 5'6 and want to lose more. My top half is slim but I have big calves and feel that my legs will be a bit slimmer at 130 pounds.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'5" and 145 lbs and I love it :) but I started at 340. I was happy at any weight though - for me it was physical/medical issues that led to the weight loss. It's more about being comfortable with who you are and being healthy.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and when I was 145 lbs it was healthy weight but not really satisfying for me. But it depends on each person individually, you might be very happy or very unhappy...who knows
  • Littlelid
    Littlelid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and currently weigh in at 150 lbs. My original goal was 145, but as I get closer to that, I don't think I will be happy until I am below 140 lbs. I am wearing a solid size 8 pant, but large top as I have a larger than average chest. At 50 years old, I think I look pretty good and have made amazing progress, but I know I can achieve my new goal of 135 lbs.
  • valsommer
    valsommer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" I weigh 145 and wear a size 4. I'm very lean and while based solely on height/weight ratio I don't sound fit I am. I gained here, went from 140-145 and 145 looks better. nkj5cpkc1ed6.jpg
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    iam 5'5 i was 142 lbs with a big belly and big flabby arms so i did'nt like it. I had heck of alot more body fat then lbm for sure..to conclude (i was'nt happy at all with it)
  • jenmd26
    jenmd26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently about 139 lbs. I'm happy that I've been losing the weight, but I'm not where I want to be. I had always been around 115 lbs or less and maintained that without much effort. At this point I just want to be happy. I'm trying not to get too hung up on the numbers. I've recently started weight training and am hoping that I'll start to be happy with my body composition and not care what the scale says. I have a lot of fat and loose tummy skin (3 c-sections).
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow, such huge differences in sizes when weighing the same thing. Crazy. I am 5'4" and 47 have had 2 kids. Started at 179 Jan 5th and just hit 145 today. My arms and legs I am happy with, it's all that middle stuff that's not good. I carry weight around the middle and it's going to be the last to go, I'm sure. I am much happier than I had been at the higher weight for sure, and have more energy. I would like to start weight lifting soon when I find the right gear, it doesn't really matter the weight amount, but the belly size to me. If my tummy was flatter, I would be very happy. We're all so different, its hard to compare. Just keep up the good work, and maintain when you're happy with your results, don't stop, maintain.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say, I am wearing a few 10's and 12's and med and a few large shirts depending on the shape and style.
  • jenmd26
    jenmd26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As far as clothing size goes, I'm in size 4-6 pants, and small or medium size tops.
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    40e6hwam3qfa.jpg
    35 years old three kiddos and very happy at 135-145.
    I have the same 27.5 inch waist I had when I was a marathoner in my 20s...but back then I only weighed 125#...
    Size 2/4 and overweight on the bmi chart :)
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What??

If you don't like what you see in the mirror do something about it. Did you ride the short bus?

If find this incredibly insulting as a parent with special needs kids.
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5, and about 148. I'm aiming for 132 to be extremely happy, but will probably do a lean bulk eventually. Currently I am a size 6 and want to return to all my size 4 clothes, which fit very comfortably at 132. Hopefully then I can started cutting and bulking because I've cut the bug for strength training!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What??

If you don't like what you see in the mirror do something about it. Did you ride the short bus?

If find this incredibly insulting as a parent with special needs kids.

On the plus side, this is a necro'd thread and the user who said that appears to be long gone.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 3'. Starting weight 153.3 lbs. Current weight 134.6 lbs. Goal weight 125 lbs. I went from a size 10 US (it was getting tight) to a size 6 in woman and a size 9 in juniors. I'm feeling pretty darn good these days. I would never want to be 153.3 lbs ever again. I gain weight in my face and mid-section. Not a pretty sight. Just 9.6 lbs to my GOAL WEIGHT. Everyone is different, everyone's bodies are shaped differently. For me anything over 140 lbs is just too big. I'm uncomfortable and miserable.
  • MamaEngineer
    MamaEngineer Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and content at 145lbs. I mostly wanted to lose the belly flab from two pregnancies and I succeeded. I carry most of my weight in my rear end and legs anyway, so I guess that's why my weight is still relatively high :#

accezsuyglow.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!