anyone 5'4" 5'5" and 145 lbs and happy?

Options

Replies

• healthhappinessfit
    healthhappinessfit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" 160 lbs. now, wanting to get back to 140 where I was feeling great!
  • ahumanpug
    ahumanpug Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    zdw3l2vsfjff.jpeg

I was pretty happy at 140 (5'3.5"). My arms and stomach still needed some work. I liked everything else though..

Then I had two babies and it all went to hell. I'd love to be back to this again!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5"..162# and a size 10 pant. My goal is 145/150
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    145 ranges for different body types and being a fit 145 makes all the difference as well. I'm 5'5 and currently 150. I am happy where I am but my overall goal is not complete. My son was 11.4lbs and did a little number on my tummy so that's my aim to flatten and tone up. I'm very close and in 8/9pants. I'm very happy of where I am now, than where I started!aux2j1dkr9yr.jpeg
    fjewpxoyppoq.jpeg
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I was 120 when I got married in 2008. Looking at my wedding pictures, I was not bony at all. You can't see my ribs or my collarbone even, and I had no defined muscles. I guess I have a small bone structure, and didn't/don't have much muscle mass.

8 years and 2 babies later, I am currently at 154 and quite fluffy. I'm weight training now which I never did in my 20s, and my goal weight is 130. If I suddenly gain 10 lbs of muscle or start looking skinny, I'll stop. But I don't think so.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 was sitting at 135 until mid January and just bulked to 144. I LOVE the size of my body right now (US size 4) but i'm not at my ideal level of leanness. I still have pretty good ab/muscle definition though. I'll cut to 137-138 see where i'm at and probably bulk again with the overall goal eventually of sitting around 145 15-17% body fat.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm 147 5'4". I'm somewhat happy with my body. I wear a dress size between a 6 and 8. Pants size 8 or 10 and a size small top. Isn't it crazy the size variations! I'm 34-27-41
    I find I'm still not happy with the amount of fat on my body. I've really been focusing on weight lifting and want to trim down so my muscles show rather than the fat over the muscle look
    . I picked an arbitrary number of 125lbs that I wanted to be, but now I'm more focused on how my body looks and measurements. I don't want to lose my butt lol! Lots of focus on the glutes.
  • mfurgiuele90
    mfurgiuele90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 145lbs I wear a size 8 and am not happy just yet. I have lost 44lbs so far but would like to lose 10-15 more in time.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 190 and extremely happy -- my goal weight is only 165, 150 at the lowest. So it's all going to be a matter of perspective, personality, and body type.

I also recommend looking around at mybodygallery.com. I think it's not only a useful tool in considering possible goal weights, but also a really interesting resource into viewing how different bodies really are.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I am not 145 right now , but it is my overall goal range.

In the 140s. (I'm 5'5)

IMG_0585_zps1553567c.jpg

You look absolutely phenomenal.

• mabebarr
    mabebarr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and 225 Im happy Im a size 14 , trying to get to 175 thats a comfortable weight for me :smile:
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I was ok at 140. For my height I should be 100-120 so for your height 140 probably looks amazing. It's always up to you and what you're happy with. Fitness is a lifetime journey
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yeah def important to focus on bmi more than number on the scale, you can lose all you want but if it's not fat you're losing you won't be happy! Finding this out myself right now!
    poma91 wrote: »
    I am 5'4" and 147 lbs. I am nowhere near happy. sure I've lost 20 lbs but I am still at 30-31% BF. I jiggle everywhere, I am still a big size and I am the only fat member of my family so it can get really frustrating.

Around 3-4 years ago I was 120 lbs and still didn't like my body, but back then I didn't workout and I just wasn't toned. Now the only thought that comes to my mind is "What the hell was I thinking, I was great back then?"

Anyway it is important to find a goal for yourself for which you will feel comfortable and happy. I know I ain't at the moment, but I will get there.

I forgot to add - my goal weight is 116 lbs.

• DMEckert50
    DMEckert50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have reached my goal weight of 140 - and am always sick now. It seems my body doesn't like to be that weight, and I'd probably be healthier if I gained a few of that back. Go for healthy!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    5'5" and I barely remember the 140s besides that was when I really kicked it into high gear fitnesswise and the weight kept dropping. I am now in my 120s and this is a good place. I think if I were in the 140s with low body fat, I'd look OK, but that would require some serious gainz. I dunno if I am that motivated. We'll see. I said I would never be a runner, but now I run 4.1 miles every day at work and think nothing of it. Maybe one day, I'll see the light of Brodin.
  • sarahpedrys
    sarahpedrys Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was 145 before I got pregnant, and was happy. Sure, my booty was big.. But my man wasn't complaining. Now I'm 164 and I can't wait to be 145 again.
  • mayamiljevic
    mayamiljevic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not 145 right now , but it is my overall goal range.

In the 140s. (I'm 5'5)

Your abs looks amazing, I am 5'5, only 120 pounds, but my body does not look as good as yours
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 120. I would not be happy at 145 unless it was muscle. That is just my opinion. We all have different comfort levels tho, and different goals.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 137#, age 50. SW was 153 and I got down to 127 but felt better at 130. I've gotten a little off goal but I'm back to losing:) I'm currently a size 4/6. Sometimes, I get hung up on the body fat percentage. I can't get it down into the athletic range. That may be my next goal.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but everyone looks different, even at the same weight.

Case in point:

itioj2g33wln.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!