"I'm pretty into myself"

Options

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. loving yourself to yourself, and making an announcement to numerious people about how into yourself you are, are two different things.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I try not to love myself in public.

Just read an article about a man loving himself in a McDonald's parking lot.. he's being charged.
    Good idea to keep it indoors :drinker:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't need to tell people how awesome I am, they already know. If they don't already know then ain't nobody got time fo them! :)
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with believing you're awesome. I also don't think there is anything wrong with saying that you believe you are awesome. However, I've always thought a good rule of thumb with internet posting is "If this was the physical world, what would my conversation be like on this topic". You said that you would not walk up to random strangers and say "Hi, I'm ___ and I'm awesome" but that is almost EXACTLY the same to me as posting that you are pretty into yourself on the internet.

I think that there are a lot of people that treat the internet like the living room of a good friend when it's more like being at a much larger and more public place. If someone walked up to you on your street and said "I'm pretty into myself" without context or prompting...I think most people are apt to judge. It doesn't mean that the person has issues with confident people or that you have issues with your own confidence. Usually it means "why are you telling me this?" and then insert conclusion.

In response to the topic, I actually believe society is in love with self love...Be the best "insert role here" by loving yourself. Get a copy of the new "learn to love yourself" book at your nearest book store. Teach your "insert relative" here how to love themselves. Doesn't she look great? you can tell she really loves herself...on and on and on. I love myself. I think I'm absolutely awesome BUT I honestly can't think of any reason to say it to people. No one has ever asked me...So I was just wondering if you are still thinking you are awesome?? But if they did...my response would be He** yeah I do! LOL

Now, something interesting...I totally believe sometimes people just feel like saying "Hey, I'm awesome" to no one in particular for no good reason...that's fine but I'm pretty sure THAT's your taboo right there.

Not the confidence or even the talking about the confidence but saying something or doing something with no true purpose....just because you feel like it....I think that will always have negative connotations. You HAVE to have a reason soooooooo you must have low self esteem or be conceited...etc. Couldn't have just felt like saying you were awesome...couldn't have. That's my dollar and two cents :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    ETA: If you want me to stop creeping you, just PM me a copy of each of your profile pics :love:

Trust me... he doesn't want you to stop. :laugh:

Besides... the ones you want to see aren't in his profile... anymore.:sad:

are you his friend?? I heard he doesn't accept friends!!! I HAVE BEEN LED ASTRAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been his friend for a long time and across multiple accounts.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    this is still dumb
    i cant believe I wasted 2 mins of my life on this post
    I want a refund please

KTHXBAI!

I dont know what KTHXBA means

Kay....thanks....bye.

hahahaha This! Sorry we are boring you. But I think you missed the point.

The girl is a narcissist and this post is dumb

Hey, guess what?

You don't have to hang around in this thread if you don't want to... so if it's dumb... then why are you still in it?

Or if you are sooooo offended by this girl's dumb post, you could just report it.

I am not offended I just think it is dumb and immature for people to be a narsacist
    at this point i stick around for entertainment value
    such as this

You know, I'm really not sure you know what narcissism means.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I love myself everyday ...oh wait we are not talking about that kind of self love...whoops...i'm out....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what if your not awesome?
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I much, much, much prefer the company of people who know they're awesome. Screw self deprecation.
  • jirocpa
    jirocpa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How do you define 'awesome'?
    Are we talking about loving oneself or being satisfied with yourself (both of which are fine and a sign of a healthy person)?
    Or telling everyone in earshot that you're awesome? Does it really need to be said out loud? Must you broadcast it to everyone around?

Awesome at what? Everything? Life? Just in general, the most awesome person ever?

Yeah, sorry, but IMO, to me you appear to have low self-esteem. Cut and dry.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.
    :drinker:

^^ I think it is this, honestly. Healthy love and pride in oneself is essential to a happy life, IMHO.

nothing wrong with a little pride, its the prejudice that is the problem.

tumblr_mfgn0f4ZBH1r84cfko1_250.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    How do you define 'awesome'?
    Are we talking about loving oneself or being satisfied with yourself (both of which are fine and a sign of a healthy person)?
    Or telling everyone in earshot that you're awesome? Does it really need to be said out loud? Must you broadcast it to everyone around?

Awesome at what? Everything? Life? Just in general, the most awesome person ever?

Yeah, sorry, but IMO, to me you appear to have low self-esteem. Cut and dry.

So what if she does. If telling people helps to raise her self-esteem, then why should it matter. I'd rather be friends with someone who is working on their self-esteem than someone who puts themselves down all the time.

And I think that if an individual is bothered by someone who chooses to raise their self-esteem in such a way, then you must see their self-proclamation as a reflection of your own 'awesomeness' which it is not.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I think that "confidence" and "arrogance" describe the exact same set of behaviors but with a different value judgment. If you agree that the person is awesome, you say they're confident. If you don't, you say they're arrogant. People who make that distinction have the worldview that *they* get to decide who likes themselves or not. Seems awfully...arrogant. :wink:
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I love myself and I am confident in myself therefore I don't feel the need to verbalize it. To me if I felt the need to verbalize it then it would fake. I see no need to be vocal about it if it is true confidence because I would feel like it was in search of validation when none is needed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I think that "confidence" and "arrogance" describe the exact same set of behaviors but with a different value judgment. If you agree that the person is awesome, you say they're confident. If you don't, you say they're arrogant. People who make that distinction have the worldview that *they* get to decide who likes themselves or not. Seems awfully...arrogant. :wink:

Exactly my point. If you take the time to recognize her self-proclamation of her awesomeness as low self-esteem, then you probably have low self-esteem too.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For some reason false modesty seems to make people feel more comfortable.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Exactly my point. If you take the time to recognize her self-proclamation of her awesomeness as low self-esteem, then you probably have low self-esteem too.

Excellent reply. :)
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with loving yourself. People say that you can't love others until you love yourself. So I don't understand why people make a huge difference that you are very confident in yourself and loe yourself
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think 'I'm pretty into myself' might seem arrogant to some people because it tends to refer to purely the external or the superficial.

I like who I am for example, I like the person I've become, I'm happy with myself as a daughter/sister/friend and I'm happy with my achievements and success. I also like how I look, I put effort into it.

This is all acceptable to say but when you condense it down into 'I'm pretty into myself' it just comes across differently. It's one of those 'Not what you say but how you say it' things...