WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    just tried on my 2 piece bathing suit. i guess i could use another but i won't get one, too lazy to go out and shop. i'm just going to be laying out in it anyway.

for the person who asked me how much i lost. i forgot to mention, i started at 198 at my heaviest (way before mfp) i am NOW down to 132. my goal weight was 135. when i joined mfp i was down to 160 i think, i had plateau'd and being on here got me loosing the rest that i was trying to loose. no fad diets, just diet and exercise, the old fashioned way.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :) Ate half of the tofu and veggies with garlic sauce (no rice) at the restaurant and told Jake he could have my leftovers.....a very successful restaurant experience.....also was able to make conversation with the people around me.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 8.18min, 7.1speed 1st 3/4mi, 8.0speed last 1/4mi, 1.0incline whole way 8.18min mi, = 92c
    skip, jump, sidestep, scissors - 35min = 372c
    walking- mall, costco to tan, tan to hm- 80min = 180c
    total cal 644
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Janet – what a lovely picture of your granddaughter.

Nancy – Congrats on the 10lb weight loss in a month!!! That is awesome.

Terri – I love the picture of your Dad and Payne.

My life began at age 39 when I was finally diagnosed with Hashimotos. It was a happy day when I found out that I was not lazy, just sick and tired due to a thyroid disease and not just due to raising 4 children. I was always a slim person (even during my undiagnosed days) who started ballooning in menopause. Part of it was due to hormonal imbalances, but also a sedentary lifestyle thanks to studying and a desk job. I eventually signed up for a program in 2005 that helped me discover what nutrition worked best for me and lost 35 lbs (to 133 lbs at 5’6”) during that year. That was without exercise, just based on the right food intake. Then I gained lbs back (up to 186) because I threw caution to the wind (and other reasons). Since 2009 I have been working to shed enough lbs. to go back to about 135 lbs by subscribing and using MFP. This is when I found this forum that Barbie took over around that time. I am much more active now, so my fitness level is much improved. Since my eating plan worked so well, it is mostly what I still rely on.

Happy Summer Solstice everyone. It is a gorgeous day here, laundry is hanging on the line and I just rode my bike back and forth to the grocery store.

<3 Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Ate half of the tofu and veggies with garlic sauce (no rice) at the restaurant and told Jake he could have my leftovers.....a very successful restaurant experience.....also was able to make conversation with the people around me.

<3 Barbie

Way to go, Barbie!!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    RebelRenny wrote: »
    Janet – what a lovely picture of your granddaughter.

<3 Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC

Thanks so much. She's a sweetie, kept rubbing the Boston terrier with her little foot :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    hello again, i have time to breathe peeps -

i have nails and a basketball was coming my way as i was passing and it pushed it back towards the guy and I BROKE MY NAIL!!!! far back enough where it started to bleed, so i'm a little slow in typing!!! gotta bandaid it now, OUCH! I just bent the nail again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i skimmed thru all of the posts.. there's somebody that showed a pic of her home, it's a cutie!! mine was built in 1906. i like the charm of older homes personally. happy dads day to all the dads out there. not growing up with mine, this holiday doesn't mean much. don't miss what you never had but then again sometimes u wonder ya know? kirby is an awesome father to our 4 kids; bullwinkle, floyd, yogi and bootz.

welcome new peep heads and congrats to those who have lost and those who r on their way and to those who have joined and to those who left and have come back.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    2 more weeks for vegas baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Janet, darling baby!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, she should NOT be training dogs. Someone should threaten to sue the city over her kicking dogs. That would get her fired in a big hurry. I had to resort to threatening to sue a landlord over a vicious dog and owner who was negligent. Animal control wouldn't do anything in spite or two reported unprovoked dog bites of kids, and then the dog attacked my son and dog when my son was walking him. After I chased him off with a big stick, I called the cops, nothing. Called animal control, nothing. Called the non-profit agency that owned the home and threatened to sue them if they didn't get rid of the dog. They told me I couldn't do that, it was the dog owner's responsibility. I told them to talk to their lawyer and see. They called me right back and said they had evicted her. Lawsuits get people's attention and unfortunately sometimes it is the ONLY thing that will.
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    [quote="JulesAtkinson1;32919631

Sondre my home Steyr Austria. I hope you enjoy this little view of my city. I will post others another time. :)d66ex51jaz4s.jpg

Hi Sassy aus!

Thank you for the awesome picture of the city!! I love it. So different from where I live. I look forward to more pics in the future ; )

Sondre, SF, PA
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janet, darling baby!

Thanks, Miriam.

• lonemaple
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    41srgd9it2wt.jpg

What a sweet little thing! Congrats on such a blessing!!

Sondre, SF, PA
  • lonemaple
    Options
    pippinc wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am new to the group. My name is Cheryl. I live in Oregon. I have over 70 pounds to lose. Just returned from a nice vacation where I can back 7 pounds heavier. Could use some encouragement and accountability.

Hi Cheryl, Glad you decided to join. I have found lots of support and many kind words here. I wish you the very best on your weight loss journey!

BTW, where did you go on vacation? I assume the food was good :D

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • lonemaple
    Options
    Eating kale salad at 10:30 in the morning! Trying to fill up on something green QUICKLY before I eat something white! (like cookies, donut, cake, etc. :wink: )

~Jen from (beautiful, clear weather today!) sunny northern California

So Jen, What does kale taste like....it looks so stiff I can't imagine eating it uncooked.

Sondre, SF, PA
  • lonemaple
    Options

Just -1.4 lbs more and I'll officially no longer be in the dreaded obese category. I was very slender until my thyroid and hormones crashed going menopause. Unfortunately, I quickly gained 70 lbs! (from 115 to 185 and even 199 at a temporary high point). One month ago, I weighed 185. This morning, I'm now at 175.4. As a previously slender person, who would have ever guessed that I would say this: It feels great being very close to the next lower bmi category of 'overweight'!

Take Care and Great Job on all Your Success! - Nancy in Fort Worth

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for sharing your weight gain story. I, too, was very slender. For me, the weight gain was pretty much gradual. At least, until the last 50 pounds or so. I have no good reason for having gained all of this weight, sometimes wish I did. All I know is, I can no longer eat what I want without gaining weight. I will never see 102 pounds again....nor should I. My mother, who is blind, finds it hard to believe I am soooo heavy (she said that when I was 190 lbs). Mind you, she is the same woman who, when I weighed 102, said oh Sondre you are tooooo thin. Congrats to you for nearing the bmi "overweight" category. I don't know where I fit in, and I'm not sure I want to.

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • lonemaple
    Options
    Michele, aren't cats funny! I am so glad you are willing to give your pet pills. So many end up dumped at the shelter if they develop a chronic illness. This one has hyperthyroidism. The last one I fostered also did. I have also fostered one that was Hypothyroid- very unusual in cats so he had to get canine pills! I have a three legged kitty, but she is on her last days- congestive heart failure I think. Vet doesn't know, but having a hard time breathing and lost a lot of weight.

Cheri, I read for hours at night. By about seven my body hurts so much that I have to get "flat", although with the pile of 6 pillows I use, I am not really flat. But I get the weight off my legs and hips, support my bum shoulder, and read and read. I have to alternate activity and lying down throughout the day too. On a good day I can work up to about four hours, on a bad day it is half hour spurts. When the girls have activities, and during the summer, I have to really push myself to keep going. But when I am down, I am usually reading, or doing Sudoku. I am on disability for the arthritis. At fifty I was diagnosed with bone on bone. And replacements are not an option. I am too young, and then where do you stop? Knees, hips, but then the ankles, toes, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulder and spine still hurt. Oh well. It did make it possible for me to take the girls for my sister. She is a hospital administrator and they would have been with a nanny all the time. Not what they needed.
    ydw8qsk80v70.jpg
    My fancy house.

Miriam,

What an awesome house! It is just beautiful. I bet you had a lot of fun making it your own.

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • lonemaple
    Options
    Sylvia,

Your Molly looks like a real sweetheart. I am a DOG LOVER. We have a Black Lab/Golden Retriever mix. She is completely black and is the most loving dog I've ever had. When she sees water, look out! She is going in. Thanks for putting Molly's picture on. If I can figure out how to do it, I will put Ellie's picture on.

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    epqzaatpz0rh.jpg
    Just cuz
  • lonemaple
    Options
    Penny,

The pictures are just beautiful. I would love to be standing there looking at the view.

Sondre, South Fork, PA