Replies

• ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Just been hit with Type 2 Diabetes

I
    Hello All,

Just been hit with Type 2 Diabetes, no fault to myself with the years of abusive eating. So need to jump on the band wagon to control it as well as my health. Looking at having to lose close to 100lbs.

Living down in Georgia and Lord knows we are the land of Sweet Tea so that is killing me lol. Bui need to stick with this and get the weight off.

I can completely relate thanks to the years of the way that I have been eating it just now catching up with being causing some issues that are very much unwanted while I don’t live in Georgia sweet tea is my go to on a daily basis, which is what I used to replace Mountain Dew. I’m borderline diabetic literally only buy maybe two points away from being full-fledged and I found out I’ve given myself fatty liver definitely time to change the things that I do and how I eat. I will add you as a friend and we can cut to do this together.

Hello,
    I sure can relate to both of your stories.
    I'm not from Georgia and I'm not struggling with sweet tea. πŸ™‚ However, I am struggling with Type 2 diabetes and an addiction to a high sugar drink. πŸ™‚ I haven't figured out how to do friend requests yet. But, I would love to be a part of both of your journeys.
  • Butterfly_Girl_1
    Butterfly_Girl_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can always use more friends!!
  • ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm restarting the journey I started 10 years ago. For awhile I was doing well. But, then my depression and a few other things got in my way. I fell back into poor eating habits which has lead me to where I am today with several severe health consequences. I want to succeed and stay on track so, I really need friends that are supportive and encouraging. Currently, I am focusing on NSV. Such as, reducing my diabetes medication that was increased two months ago and reducing the stress on my knees & hips so those arthritic joints are not as painful. If you would want to be a part of my journey to release pounds than please friend request me. Thank You!
  • Shannon30906
    Shannon30906 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bring on the new friends! πŸ’ͺ😁
  • NancyHibner2105
    NancyHibner2105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I lost over 50 lbs due to stress and now I look very sickly I am trying very hard to gain weight and get back to being healthy.
  • cbellnunez
    cbellnunez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me!! Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journeys!! <3
  • annad265
    annad265 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me , if you do not mind my German metrics
  • lessfatmatt
    lessfatmatt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi team, I'm not really new but trying to get back on the horse! I lost a bunch of weight with MFP in my twenties and it's slowly but surely all crept back. I've just turned 40 and am really keen to get back in shape. I'd be really grateful for anyone who can remind me to log and reinforce me for logging and exercise; that social reinforcement made a huge difference last time! :smiley:
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Always open to new friends add if like
  • breighahcoles
    breighahcoles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Open to new friends and encouragement feel free to add me :)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Would love more accountability friends! We are all in this together πŸ™
  • chilledguy80
    chilledguy80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying this again after getting nowhere fast with other dieting methods.

Feel free to add me, I enjoy seeing other people's success as it helps motivate me.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Happy Monday....feel free to add me!
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have come back after several years of trying the whole "ignore it and hope it goes away" method of weight loss. Feel free to add me, definitely could use a good set of accountability partners again.

Recently started running again in the hopes that someday I'll be able to knock out my first marathon (I was so close back in 2018, it hurts to think about!), so any words of wisdom here would be greatly appreciated!
  • ThePurpleViking
    ThePurpleViking Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looking to add a few new friends who are active to help each other with their fitness goals 😊
  • Tsalite
    Tsalite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    πŸ‘‹
  • mjaustin1978
    mjaustin1978 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, not really new to MFB, been here a good number of years but always kinda muddled through with the whole weightloss thing, having good and bad weeks in the process. Realised I need to take this seriously and make lifetime changes. I'm 46 this year and getting (and keeping) fit and healthy feels more important to me than ever before.

I'd love to have some support from others and offer my support when things get tough. Feel free to add me as a friend!