Covering Up A Multitude Of Sins...Really Scary

Options

Replies

• deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're adorable and I loved reading your post. Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures!! You've made remarkable progress and you look great. :-)
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    I was truly inspired by your post. I know you will continue to do great things for you and your body! Keep it up, your progress is great! And yes, handsomest swimming coach ever! :D Thank you for your post!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think you are truly one of the bravest and most beautiful people I have ever "met"! :flowerforyou:

I have read a few of your blogs and your attitude is just amazing. I hope I can remain half as positive as you through my journey; I still have about 150 pounds to lose. :ohwell:

You and Ed are a great looking couple and you are so lucky to have someone who cares about you so much!! Hang onto him and treat him as good as he treats you, always! :heart:

Good luck with the rest of your journey and getting those new knees!! :wink:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, I applaud you for your courage. Of course your husband loves you and finds you sexy, and as you continue losing the weight and reshaping your life you are both going to enjoy that body even more (along with the extra energy that fitness contributes to all sorts of aspects of your life). Keep it up!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    great job! don't worry about the stuff you can't control anyway. What's important is you are getting better every day

I agree with this.

Well done, you're doing really well. Great comittment with the swimming.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Love this post!
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You and I don't know one another but I am SO very impressed by you. Your courage and bravery are inspiring. Keep working for those new knees...you're unstoppable now...can't wait to see you when the knees aren't an issue!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting more pictures. You have greatly encouraged many of your MFP community. And I thank you for your dedication and friendship. I love the new swimsuit, and the smile on your coaches face :wink:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I for one will use your courage to motivate myself and when I have a pity party because I am not losing and should be trying harder I will think of how dedicated you are and push myself to move forward and not give up.

For my Sister Sweetpeas.

That's what MFP is all about...finding encouragement and courage from our MFP family. I am just like you...a typical person who wants success and wants it NOW.; but that isn't how it works. Success takes time, effort and trust. Early this week, I was frustrated by a 4 day plateau. I was doing everything right, but the scale would not move. It would have been easy to throw a pity party about that time...except...

I know that I am doing exactly what I must do to lose weight...sticking to my low calorie food plan, keeping up my exercises, posting in my food diary and on my wall every single day. I have important goals, and I will reach each and every one of them...as long as I stay faithful to 'the plan'.

I am a Christian. I not only have the support of a loving hubbie but also the love and promises of a LOVING FATHER. I trust in both of them to see me through any trials and any times of discouragement. I get my strength from the love of my hubbie and especially from the promises of my Father in heaven. He is with me, inside me, encouraging me in the hardest of times.

Many folks on MFP take strength from the words in Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." When I am feeling like I can't go on, feel discouraged, start to doubt...I remember that I am not alone. I've got God on my side. He is my strength, my inspiration and my assurance that I will succeed, if I just remain faithful to Him and His promises for my future.

He is there with you too, if you only look for Him. :heart:
  • crazyontrt
    crazyontrt Posts: 76
    Options
    Great job! You've done a lot of work and it shows! You should be so proud! And what an amazing hubby you have. Sounds a lot like mine!!
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your pictures did not scare me...they inspired me. I started my fitness journey back in January and have lost 25 pounds. I have not worn a swimsuit in at least 20 years...too ashamed to flaunt all of my curves:happy: You have inspired me to go out and buy a swimsuit and get back in the water!

Pastor Special Ed sounds like a wonderful man...so supportive and loving!

Keep it up and soon you will say goodbye to your walker and wheelchair.
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!! Thank you for your courage and saying "out loud" what so many of us have shared over the years.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love this post!:) You are really an inspiration and should be proud of yourself. I love the photo of you and your husband together...you both look awesome.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pictures. For I have learned that its what's in the heart of man that speaks, so no matter what the flesh looks like because if the inside is ugly it will spoil the fleshly image! For you a beautiful person, keep up the good work!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I've seen posts on your blog too, in the most read/suggested blog section.

You're AMAZING and I hope you know that. I am still too scared to post photos on here (not that I was ever "HEAVY", but I was quite rotund in 2009 for my small frame).

I'm 27 and still will probably never have the body of your typical skinny 20-something in a bikini. But i'm being healthier, and I like the changes that are happening.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and so is your hubby. :)
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring to me, thank you for posting and being so courageous.
  • lizbess1
    lizbess1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you are absolutely beautiful and to come out and tell your story and show your pictures, my step mom is a lot larger than you are and right now she is going through a lot. I wish I could get her the support that we all have here but my dad still will not allow a computer in his house so she is over 250lbs closer to 300 think she has lost some she was even larger, and now I believe we are losing her to her kidneys and he still will not let anyone help her thank god you have a husband who supports you and is there I have a very special man who no matter how heavy I got loved me just the same and now that I can walk and move tells everyone that now he has a skinny girl but it has taken a lot of hard work and it its going to be a long time before I become comfortable in a bathing suit also and I don't have quite as much left as you to reach my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!