Clean eating here I come.....

Options
this wk I am starting clean eating, I have done a meal plan and gonna order my shopping online later. If anyone wants to give me any advice would be great :)

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Buy things you want to eat that will fit your calorie limit and macros.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Clean eating doesn't mean anything ...everyone has their own definition

It also won't help you lose weight without calorie counting

So do what you want but if you have a weight goal you also need to weigh and accurately log your calories to,a defecit across the week
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I will still be logging my cals but I thought eating non processed stuff would be better for me all round (including losing weight)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I will still be logging my cals but I thought eating non processed stuff would be better for me all round (including losing weight)

If it works for you then great, personally I like my fat free Greek yoghurt, cheese and protein flapjacks too much to eat 'clean'.
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well gonna see if I can stick to it as might end up doing a bit mixing both types of food ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Options

If it works for you then great, personally I like my fat free Greek yoghurt, cheese and protein flapjacks too much to eat 'clean'.

Agree ...although I don't do flapjacks ...but I do do mars ice cream bars and bacon toasties
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Well gonna see if I can stick to it as might end up doing a bit mixing both types of food ;)

Good luck ...it's absolutely all about what works for you to hit your calorie defecit
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Agree ...although I don't do flapjacks ...but I do do mars ice cream bars and bacon toasties
    What are bacon toasties?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

What are bacon toasties?

Cannot tell if serious? :bigsmile: ..it is breakfast in bed and saves many a marriage

White farmhouse toast, butter, 2 rashers grilled back bacon, egg optional and either Heinz ketchup or HP sauce with a mug of coffee

student-recipes-toastie-13.jpg

• Sued0nim
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So good it posted twice
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    So good it posted twice
    Oh my! Yes I could see this saving a marriage. o:)

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So good it posted twice
    Oh my! Yes I could see this saving a marriage. o:)

^^[
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

What are bacon toasties?

Cannot tell if serious? :bigsmile: ..it is breakfast in bed and saves many a marriage

White farmhouse toast, butter, 2 rashers grilled back bacon, egg optional and either Heinz ketchup or HP sauce with a mug of coffee

Ah, that looks awesome! For us Americans, what is "back" bacon and HP sauce?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What are bacon toasties?

Ah, that looks awesome! For us Americans, what is "back" bacon and HP sauce?

Americans don't have proper bacon :cry:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

<snip>

So, like normal diets. ;)

I think "clean eating' is one of those catchy new lifestyle phrases that not only means totally different things to different people, but looks good from afar, but is far from good in real life. If you think about it, *most* of the foods we eat are processed in some way or another, included tons that are really, really good for you! Processing =/= "dirty." :)

Cutting down on packaged and prepared foods is always helpful, because if you can make a similar item yourself at home, you have complete control over the ingredients. Especially with items like sodium. But 'processed foods' aren't the debil - like with all foods, how much you eat of them is what really matters. You can consume only organic bananas and bottled water, for example, and still pack on the pounds. There's no magic. There's only CICO. :smile:

• Sued0nim
    Options
    Back bacon is the majority of our bacon...it is leaner than streaky which is what you guys use ,,,2 rashers is about 110 cals

Lean-Rindless-Back-Bacon.JPG

HP sauce is a brown condiment like ketchup...gawd knows what's in it, it has a tangy taste that offsets bacon quite well...it is the subject of much jolly debate when inebriated :bigsmile:

video-undefined-2465FFD700000578-373_636x358.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Back bacon is the majority of our bacon...it is leaner than streaky which is what you guys use ,,,2 rashers is about 110 cals

HP sauce is a brown condiment like ketchup...gawd knows what's in it, it has a tangy taste that offsets bacon quite well...it is the subject of much jolly debate when inebriated :bigsmile:

I find HP is kinda like ketchup with worcestershire and other unidentified stuff. Delicious.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

I find HP is kinda like ketchup with worcestershire and other unidentified stuff. Delicious.

Good description

ec81c3d0d2793a41ddcea3d4784113dae77f897a058404c89627b53ea6c19d74.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

+1, although I haven't tried protein flapjacks yet. The current pattern is to do steel cut oats + protein powder (equally "unclean" of course) over the weekend. I also like to go out to eat with friends on the weekend and have some Talenti.

I mostly do prefer to eat whole foods or minimally processed foods, but this idea that it's even possible to eat all unprocessed (most everything is processed--certainly most meat, eggs, dairy, grains, etc., that most of us have access to) is so odd. And whether or not something is "processed" really has no bearing on how nutritious it is--that depends on the food and the overall diet.

I agree that it can make a diet/eating plan easier to focus on cooking yourself as much as possible with whole foods or minimally processed foods (which is most of what we have access to), and I personally care about the sourcing of my meat and love farmer's markets, but I also think it's more important to consider what makes it easy for you to construct tasty meals that will be satisfying within your calories, and if that means using canned beans or tomatoes or store bought bread or pasta or packaged bacon, that's okay and shouldn't be seen as some kind of failure, and extremely nutritious meals can be made with those ingredients plus others (I make super nutritious pasta dishes all the time). Same with including some sweets or the like, assuming you can eat them in moderation. The "clean" thing doesn't seem to have any real meaning, as others have said.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nope. Weight loss is about calories, math and eating at a calorie deficit. Eating certain foods or not eating certain foods will not help or hinder you, it comes down to if you're eating at an appropriate calorie deficit or not.