What to say when people ask....

Options

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Had a metabolism lift at the plastic surgeons.
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just say I worked at it really hard!!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've given up saying anything helpful, most people don't want to hear it involves hard work because hard work is well..hard. Also, at that point their eyes start to glaze over, making me want to punch them in the head out of frustration for making me waste my time.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    its-magic-shia-labeouf-gif.gif

I believe in magic.

Ice_t_Magic_gif-thumb-350x197-18974.gif
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    An older lady the other day wasn't convinced after I told her portion control and caloric deficit. So I told her beside the gym I *kitten* around 7 hours daily. Her facial expression was priceless.
  • bleis71
    bleis71 Posts: 22
    Options
    I tell them I just got a haircut. Other than that I don't know what their talking about
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually tell people that it is pretty simple, I wake up every morning pop in my VHS of Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" for my cardio. Then its off to my local Barber for my daily bloodletting session (I have a really old school barber) for my detox. Then, snake oil for breakfast while I watch Conan the Barbarian (The original one) to prep for my strength training. This is where things get really cool. I lay all my weights around me and visualize me lifting weights. If you've read "The Secret" you know that you don't really have to work to get the results you want as long as you have a good mental picture of it. After that I meditate until I go to bed.

I usually don't get any more questions after this.....

LOL I remember dancing to this with my mom and her bff when I was five!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends r guys and they don't dare comment on my weight. I even told one I had lunch with last week after not seeing him half a year " aren't u even going to tell me how much better I look!" lol

I have some family that is very interested in knowing everything I did even taking notes as I talk, others ask with no real interest so I just say calorie counting and exercise. I think they know how to lose weight so none get surprised by my answer.
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! I loved all the funny responses and I am going to have to try a few! It's just so frustrating when people look at me in disbelief that "all" I am doing is food logging and some exercise.

Thanks everyone for your amazing responses.

:heart: :heart:
  • bhenderson87
    Options
    I totally agree with you, everyone thinks that they can drink something or take that magic pill and all the weight they want to lose will disappear. When someone asks me I just tell them portion control, calorie counting and exercise. There's not much else you can do.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I tell them about MFP & how I use it to balance my eating and exercise. Not been able to make many converts, but never mind!
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tell people I live a healthy lifestyle. I make good food choices, practice portion control and exercise. And I rave about mfp too. Most people aren't interested in asking more questions when I tell them it's a lifestyle change. They want a quick fix and a rapid result plan. Sadly quick fix and rapid result diets don't stick around long and the weight comes back quick.
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Or sometimes I'm a smart allek and say "Oh I've lost weight, thank you." And move on :P
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I tell them about MFP & how I use it to balance my eating and exercise. Not been able to make many converts, but never mind!

I've done this too, but so many people say "oh, I don't have time for that". Hey, we all have the same number of hours in the day, 8 of mine are for sleeping, 8 for working and I fit the exercise into the remaining 8 by working out before breakfast and dinner and walking at lunchtime. I explain this to "don't have time" poeple and helpfully suggest they could probably find a variation on this which works for them.

Somehow it sort of stops the conversation.......
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I usually tell people that it is pretty simple, I wake up every morning pop in my VHS of Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" for my cardio. Then its off to my local Barber for my daily bloodletting session (I have a really old school barber) for my detox. Then, snake oil for breakfast while I watch Conan the Barbarian (The original one) to prep for my strength training. This is where things get really cool. I lay all my weights around me and visualize me lifting weights. If you've read "The Secret" you know that you don't really have to work to get the results you want as long as you have a good mental picture of it. After that I meditate until I go to bed.

I usually don't get any more questions after this.....

LOL
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I look them in the eye and say almost every plan out there works if you follow it faithfully. I picked one and really did it. I decided it was really important and didn't try to fool myself this time. Most people can read between the lines and don't want to talk much further about it.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    These answers are fantastic!
  • kristenegeorge
    kristenegeorge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually just say "Well, people who have pets do tend to be happier and lose weight easier!" Then they get mad, and walk off.
  • didntfeelcreativetoday
    Options
    I simply reply I started taking a new allergy medicine because I’m allergic to food. Every time I eat, it breaks out into fat. I like keeping people on their toes.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I tell them I eat less food...

after that they always look disappointed... they were looking for a magic pill....