tell them what they want to hear: 'it was a miracle!' ahaha
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tell them, it's because of Kapalbhati

http://heymonicab.com/2009/04/kapalbhati-pranayam/
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    EVERYONE wants the magic answer that u sat on the couch, did nothing, and it melted off...or a magic pill.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I too cringe now at this questions, when I answer I can tell they almost don't believe me. I get a lot of "I am thinking about trying", or "deciding what I want to do", my reply is "time is passing if you do something or not". Often these comments end the conversation, I am also certain of the many I have told about MFP...NOT ONE has joined, or looked at it for that matter.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    No one has asked me yet :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    At first, my Brother and I would jokingly respond "blow". If you live in a small town - do not do that. While it may be funny to you - it isn't as funny as when you realize that particular rumor has spread like a wildfire.

Now, I actually say - calories in and calories out - but no ONE wants to hear that. It usually ends the convo actually LOL
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's all of the wild sex I've been having, elevates the heart rate for hours, It's excellent cardio... really it is...

Depending on the person they either laugh or walk away slowly
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Meth....

Then when I stop laughing at their reaction I explain that I eat primal, workout six days a week alternation between C25K and Convict Conditioning.

While taking METH.

Or a Metabolism, Energy, Testosterone, and Health supplement stack. All vitamine shop supplements. Basically caffeine, creatine, and a multivitamin. Meth sounds more entertaining though.

LOVE THIS!
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    Options
    People no longer ask me how I lost weight. They offer me some ice cream and
    say, "Well, hey, you're thin, you don't need to worry about a few calories." And I reply,
    "I'm thin because I was overweight once, and I did a lot of work to get thin, and I still
    do calorie restriction, portion control, and exercise."
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    People no longer ask me how I lost weight. They say, "Well, hey, you're thin,
    why are worried about a few calories?" And I reply,, "I'm thin because I was
    overweight once, and to stay thin, I do calorie restriction, portion control, and
    exercise."

That's the thing that gets me lately. People comment that I'm thin and that I don't need the diet soda, or that I can eat that donut, or whatever.

Idiot. I'm think BECAUSE of those choices that I make.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have a new one! Someone this weekend told me I'm losing weight so steadily because it's easy for me because I have so much to lose.

Umm, what? Nothing about the last 6 months has been easy.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    i say calorie restriction, portion control, and exercise.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did alternate day intermittent fasting to lose weight and when I tell people that, they have absolutely no idea what it means lol. I usually just give them the name of the book I followed and tell them they can get it from the library :laugh:
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a new one! Someone this weekend told me I'm losing weight so steadily because it's easy for me because I have so much to lose.

Umm, what? Nothing about the last 6 months has been easy.

I also take this as kind of a messed up backwards compliment. I mean, yeah people with more to lose will see bigger numbers on the scale/ tape measure, but it is hard when you know you have a long way to go, too. Everyone just wants to believe they are a special snowflake and that they have a good reason to fail. Everyone thinks they have fewer hours in the day, they can't eat healthy for such and such reason, they can't quit a certain food type, they can't exercise because gym memberships are expensive. It comforts them. Keep doing what you're doing!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I say I'm on the eat less move more plan.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I usually tell people that I use Myfitnesspal to track my calories & exercise.
  • MattLBennett
    MattLBennett Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50lbs in 5 months and have had a few comments. Mostly i don't know what to say as they are being complimentary and encouraging but I find that slightly embarassing. To the few who actually want to know how, I give them the 3 main things in order of importance :

1) State of mind, you have to want it, a half hearted "i'll try" probably won't work.
    2) MyFitnessPal
    3) Digital food scales

My wifes father started because it was working for me and he's now down a stone and a half.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50lbs in 5 months and have had a few comments. Mostly i don't know what to say as they are being complimentary and encouraging but I find that slightly embarassing. To the few who actually want to know how, I give them the 3 main things in order of importance :

1) State of mind, you have to want it, a half hearted "i'll try" probably won't work.
    2) MyFitnessPal
    3) Digital food scales

My wifes father started because it was working for me and he's now down a stone and a half.
    I don't bother going past point #1. I have to bite my tongue sometimes when people say "I tried the X diet, but it didn't work for me". I want to tell them that diets are just tools and you have to do the actual work. But I think they know that. They just don't want it bad enough.
  • MattLBennett
    MattLBennett Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Apathy is a terrible thing :smile:, though it must be said I enjoyed mine for about a decade :laugh:
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    " I'm on the stop eating like a pig" diet.

No, I am surrounded by a group of moms who are all jumping on the bandwagon of a $250 , 25 day "cleanse"
    And of course they're losing weight… But it just feels good to be quietly over here doing my food journaling and working up a sweat everyday.