What to say when people ask....

Options
1234568»

Replies

• haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    I had this happen to me this weekend and i just answered I've been running and eating healthy. The person looked kinda deflated by my response, I think they were expecting me to tell them about some magical supplement I've found.

I can totally understand that reaction though, we may have the same goal but until that person has the correct mindset they can't change their lifestyle. Unfortunately some people will never get into the right mindset.
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Can`t be helped. Just say somethng general like cutting calories or morning jogs.
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When people ask how I've lost the weight or comment on my smaller size I tell them "Oh thanks, I'm following the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle" That is either the end of the conversation or they will ask "what is that?" And I say "Basically I eat fat with protein or carb with protein but NEVER fat with a carb." If that raises another eyebrow then I go into Pearl and Serene and the book they have created.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    When people ask how I've lost the weight or comment on my smaller size I tell them "Oh thanks, I'm following the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle" That is either the end of the conversation or they will ask "what is that?" And I say "Basically I eat fat with protein or carb with protein but NEVER fat with a carb." If that raises another eyebrow then I go into Pearl and Serene and the book they have created.

You'll take my buttered corn on the cob away from me when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I took the bait and looked at their website. One of the free sample recipes is for zucchini fries, which involves coating zucchini strips (carbs) with eggs (fat and protein) and mayo (fat), then frying in coconut oil (more fat). Another, the Waldorf salad, has apples (carbs), celery (carbs), low-fat cottage cheese (protein, carbs, and fat), and nuts (fat and protein). The ingredients for the "Volcano Mud Slide" involve eggs (fat and protein) and flax meal (carbs).

If "never fat with a carb" is one of their principles, are you sure they understand what a carbohydrate actually is?
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I say I watch what I eat and I work out. I think some people don't know how to react to a person who has lost a lot of weight so they may not know what to say.