Iowa...

No proper seafood, bagels, pizza....

But steak, pork ribs, and sweet corn.

BAM!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Is there a pizza thread/group on MFP?

There have been a lot of threads in the past starting out just the way ndj described:

"HELP! I want pizza, what am I going to do?"

Those end up turning into a lengthy thread filled with all sorts of delicious pizza images and debate about West Coast vs East Coast vs Chicago style pizza. I'm in St. Louis - and there is a STL style pizza, although I am pretty sure anyone not born within 300 miles would actually like it. Definitely an acquired taste.

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Iowa...

No proper seafood, bagels, pizza....

But steak, pork ribs, and sweet corn.

BAM!

Touche
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

I don't recall seeing a pizza group. If there isn't one, we need to make one
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    terar21 wrote: »
    Meh, it's simple if you don't eat out often. You probably don't have to worry too much about what you order no matter what. I think the issue is many of the people asking are used to eating out for more meals than they don't and in many case are even coming from a point in their lives where they don't exercise or haven't for very long. It's easy for the guy/gal who runs 10 miles a day or has been bulking/cutting for years and is 10% body fat to say "it's just one day!" Maybe it 99% mental but it's still a valid thing.

I eat out a TON due to frequent work travel and general laziness. If you're gonna be "about that restaurant life," it's pretty simple as long as you're realistic.

1. I know I will weigh more tomorrow because there's no such thing as low sodium at a restaurant...even if it tastes bland.
    2. Plan in advance and be aware of the sum total of my calories and macros for the day. If I know I'm eating out that night, I'm going to be more judicious with my calories throughout the day.
    3. Double meat...because I need my protein.
    4. No nutritional facts isn't the end of the world. I live in a city where majority of the restaurants don't have nutritional facts. I recognize that fried shrimp at restaurant X isn't going to be wildly different than fried shrimp from chilis so I log chilis. log high when in doubt.
    5. If I do pack on a real pound, I adjust accordingly the next week.
    6. Have the mental awareness that in the grand scheme of things, an extra 1000 calories in a week is not deadly.
    7. Every time I eat out is really just an excuse to order steak in some way shape or form. Thanks cows!

Again, said every fit person ever. Tell that to the dude that's 300lbs and just started walking for exercise. You're seeing it from a different place and that's fine. Also, 1000 calories a week isn't deadly but if you have your goals set to lose a pound a week that extra 1000 calories every week means you're now losing .72 lbs a week. Probably not a big deal to the bulk/cutter who again, is probably only dropping a few pounds but for someone with 30, 40, 50lbs to lose that adds weeks and weeks and weeks to getting to your goal.

I had the same attitude when i was 220 as i did when i was 170. So i think you are making a huge generalization based on your own experience. Its possible you have food issues but not all of us do.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

In for the pizza group!

+1!

We are making homemade pizza tonight on the grill and watching the US-Sweden soccer match! Finally got my herbs planted so we can have margherita pizza with basil from the garden!

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    cough: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106766-for-the-love-of-pizza

....I didn't just make a pizza group or anything
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Meh, it's simple if you don't eat out often. You probably don't have to worry too much about what you order no matter what. I think the issue is many of the people asking are used to eating out for more meals than they don't and in many case are even coming from a point in their lives where they don't exercise or haven't for very long. It's easy for the guy/gal who runs 10 miles a day or has been bulking/cutting for years and is 10% body fat to say "it's just one day!" Maybe it 99% mental but it's still a valid thing.

I eat out a TON due to frequent work travel and general laziness. If you're gonna be "about that restaurant life," it's pretty simple as long as you're realistic.

1. I know I will weigh more tomorrow because there's no such thing as low sodium at a restaurant...even if it tastes bland.
    2. Plan in advance and be aware of the sum total of my calories and macros for the day. If I know I'm eating out that night, I'm going to be more judicious with my calories throughout the day.
    4. No nutritional facts isn't the end of the world. I live in a city where majority of the restaurants don't have nutritional facts. I recognize that fried shrimp at restaurant X isn't going to be wildly different than fried shrimp from chilis so I log chilis. log high when in doubt.
    6. Have the mental awareness that in the grand scheme of things, an extra 1000 calories in a week is not deadly.
    7. Every time I eat out is really just an excuse to order steak in some way shape or form. Thanks cows!

Again, said every fit person ever. Tell that to the dude that's 300lbs and just started walking for exercise. You're seeing it from a different place and that's fine. Also, 1000 calories a week isn't deadly but if you have your goals set to lose a pound a week that extra 1000 calories every week means you're now losing .72 lbs a week. Probably not a big deal to the bulk/cutter who again, is probably only dropping a few pounds but for someone with 30, 40, 50lbs to lose that adds weeks and weeks and weeks to getting to your goal.

I'm a woman. I maintain somewhere around 2200 calories. I don't work out and when I do it's walking through my neighborhood or Richard Simmons DVDs. I lost 55 pounds over the course of a year while still eating out every couple of weeks. It really can be worked into your week if you want to do it. If you don't want to eat out often or at all, that's fine. But it doesn't need to be the big stressful thing that so many people make it out to be.

(I speak from experience. When I broke into tears in a restaurant because they were out of quinoa burgers and that's what I'd prelogged, that's when I knew it was time to change my attitude or be miserable for life)

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

First!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options

Will you make a group? What is the process to make a group for such an amazing food in our lives? :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Followed directions, ended up in Mexico on the side of the freeway, singing Freebird at the top of my lungs.
    What was step 4 again?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Well, besides the over generalizations, maybe you have your correlations and causations flipped. Perhaps he isn't past stressing out about it because he is fit, perhaps he became fit because he was the kind of person that learned not to stress about it. I'd hope it is the later. Getting to the state of being fit takes time (something you seem upset about), but changing mindsets can start any time you want to work on it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Ice cream group, and now a pizza group.

HELP ME MFP...YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @Troutsy You read my mind!! WTG!! I'm down. :)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Followed directions, ended up in Mexico on the side of the freeway, singing Freebird at the top of my lungs.
    What was step 4 again?

Skip to step 8, check your sides for scars near your kidney area.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Aaaaaaand IN!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

In for the pizza group!

+1!

We are making homemade pizza tonight on the grill and watching the US-Sweden soccer match! Finally got my herbs planted so we can have margherita pizza with basil from the garden!

pizza on the grill is the bomb...

actually, I like this method..

I put in oven on about 400 for three to four minutes, then move to grill for about three minutes, then transfer back to oven for about two minutes...