I started drinking green tea in the AM and lost 4.5lbs in a week!!!

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    looks like I'm late to the party

tumblr_mvj9n2YhH11r4sj1co6_500-1427250088.gif

Omg! This is all I could think of lol.

AM I DRINKING MILK FROM A SAUCER

Am I jumping all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

9-Super-Troopers-quotes.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    irenehb wrote: »
    It's not purrfect, but it'll do.

I guess it'll just have to do....for meow.

I hope it doesn't turn catastrophic, though.

You're right - the thought of a catastrophe gives me paws.

Litterally!

:lol:

I am all out of cat puns. I haven't been properly groomed for this type of situation.

But we've just scratched the surface!

You two need stop all this tomfoolery. We were but a whisker away from figuring out the magical combination of green tea cookies and McChickens that will lead to maximum weight loss. Let's try to shed more light on the subject, shall we?

Jeez, no need to get catty. We were just having a bit of pun!

Meow meow, no need to make it purrsonal. Cat puns can get a bit prepawsterous though.

I'm pretty sure that a green tea flavoured cookie pizza in a hamburger bun is the perfect thing to drink in the morning for the most efficient weight loss.

I think it needs more Peeps.

Well, as @Alatariel75 is the originator of this awesome miracle, I left the peeps out, since you can't get them (from what I've seen at least) in Australia. Maybe one microwaved to explosion on the top? Or should it be used as a chaser for days where you need that extra fat blasted?

Us Aussies are going to stay fat if we can't get our paws on some Peeps!
    Maybe, Arnott's should come out with a green tea flavoured Tim Tam.

To all Aussies,

I am in Canada and have access to Peeps (Easter, Halloween, Xmas styles). Am willing to organize a trade route of Peeps-TimTams.

zyxst

Psst...zyxst...you can already get TimTams here. I found them at my local FreshCo. :)

I think I had a TimTam once...are those the layered cookies that people like to dip in cocoa?

timtam.jpg

Mine never make it to cocoa.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Maple syrup is good.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-31386-1343743171-1.gif
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Litterally!

I am all out of cat puns. I haven't been properly groomed for this type of situation.

You two need stop all this tomfoolery. We were but a whisker away from figuring out the magical combination of green tea cookies and McChickens that will lead to maximum weight loss. Let's try to shed more light on the subject, shall we?

Meow meow, no need to make it purrsonal. Cat puns can get a bit prepawsterous though.

I'm pretty sure that a green tea flavoured cookie pizza in a hamburger bun is the perfect thing to drink in the morning for the most efficient weight loss.

Well, as @Alatariel75 is the originator of this awesome miracle, I left the peeps out, since you can't get them (from what I've seen at least) in Australia. Maybe one microwaved to explosion on the top? Or should it be used as a chaser for days where you need that extra fat blasted?

To all Aussies,

I am in Canada and have access to Peeps (Easter, Halloween, Xmas styles). Am willing to organize a trade route of Peeps-TimTams.

zyxst

Psst...zyxst...you can already get TimTams here. I found them at my local FreshCo. :)

I think I had a TimTam once...are those the layered cookies that people like to dip in cocoa?

timtam.jpg

Thank goodness! Please don't dilute the deliciousness of a Tim Tam in liquid, they stand alone.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Maple syrup is good.

I'm freaking out, man!
    0BhEU.gif
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

Maple syrup is good.

got these big ole powerful lips
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    This just got weird. B)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Litterally!

To all Aussies,

zyxst

I'm willing to set up an exchange - there are currently new TimTam flavours - including Salted caramel, Red Velvet, Dark choc raspberry and three bean (vanilla, coffee cocoa). They did have dark choc orange but they were limited addition... I may or may not have a stockpile however...

Don't forget the peanut butter ones.

No, no no no no. They're peanut butter 'flavoured' - they don't even have any real peanut butter in them! No peanuts at all!! It's a damn travesty!!

Oh my dear Flying Spaghetti Monster save me... I had almost forgotten the horror of peanut butter Tim Tams...

:(

You do NOT want to know what their flavour was like.

Now I'll have to hunt down some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to make me feel better.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Omg! A friend was telling me about some 21 day plan she wanted to buy to lose 10lbs. I am always on her case about drinking regular sodas because she is newly type2 and in denial and refusing to take meds because "they could be bad for you". So I asked her to first stop drinking soda or at least switch to diet for 21 days before spending over $100 on the pills/plan. Her response was "I can't do that and I don't like diet or water and the point of the pills is that you don't have to change anything else. You just take the supplements."
    Soooooo... Then even if they work what's the point of losing 10lbs? It's just going to come right back and it won't help your type2. She didn't have a response to that and I think she was kinda mad at me for a short time.
  • mangrothian
    Options

Maple syrup is good.

I'm freaking out, man!
    0BhEU.gif

sdkqdhj9xe9o.gif

Litterally!

To all Aussies,

zyxst

timtam.jpg

Thank goodness! Please don't dilute the deliciousness of a Tim Tam in liquid, they stand alone.

Sorry can't agree with you there. Nothing tastes better than a Tim Tam slammer. I love the originals in coffee, but a white chocolate one in a green tea latte is phenomenal as well.

I'm sorta continuing with the green tea thread...do green tea lattes count?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Maple syrup is good.

I'm freaking out, man!
    0BhEU.gif

sdkqdhj9xe9o.gif

Litterally!

To all Aussies,

zyxst

timtam.jpg

Sorry can't agree with you there. Nothing tastes better than a Tim Tam slammer. I love the originals in coffee, but a white chocolate one in a green tea latte is phenomenal as well.

I'm keen to try this green tea latte. I also make Tim Tam cheesecake, and Tim Tam balls - easiest thing ever and SO amazing. Throw a packet of Tim Tams, your flavour of choice, in a food processor and obliterate. Add in enough condensed milk (slowly) to be able to roll them into balls then roll the balls in shredded coconut. Cue mouthgasm.
  • mangrothian
    edited June 2015
    Options

Maple syrup is good.

I'm freaking out, man!
    0BhEU.gif

sdkqdhj9xe9o.gif

Litterally!

To all Aussies,

zyxst

timtam.jpg

I'm keen to try this green tea latte. I also make Tim Tam cheesecake, and Tim Tam balls - easiest thing ever and SO amazing. Throw a packet of Tim Tams, your flavour of choice, in a food processor and obliterate. Add in enough condensed milk (slowly) to be able to roll them into balls then roll the balls in shredded coconut. Cue mouthgasm.

Take a trip to Starbucks. Or the big Asian Grocer on Russell (they have the powdered ones).

As to the Tim Tam truffles, I think I sense a sugar high in my near future.... :open_mouth:
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Green Tea KitKat!!!

Matcha-Kitkat-Milkshake-Recipe1.jpg?1432

(I've tried one, they're f**in awful...)

lol, yeah they are. Go to the Daiso store and get the green tea cookies there (I know the Bourke street one has them, not sure about the Flinders one). They're fantastic. Don't even get me started on all the different types of Matcha Pocky
    Stir green tea with green tea Pocky?
    $_35.JPG

Can we put together a (balanced) green tea meal?

If it's green, it's healthy
    #USCongressLogic

Also, Green tea donuts! *drool*
    lvcbv0a8ntk1.jpg

• Alatariel75
    Options
    UPDATE: Since this post I'm down a further 5lbs! That's 9.5lbs while drinking green tea! It might be the nightly ice cream though....
  • mangrothian
    Options
    UPDATE: Since this post I'm down a further 5lbs! That's 9.5lbs while drinking green tea! It might be the nightly ice cream though....

Was it green tea icecream?

And further, is everyone in your office still doing it?
  • yasminannabelle1994
    yasminannabelle1994 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    TWINNINGS DO SALTED CARAMEL GREEN TEA! Its fantastic, they also do spiced apple, gingerbread, fudge...best green teas ever!
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Nah! Like everyone after a quick fix they gave up when they realized it might take more than a cup of tea a day.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Nah! Like everyone after a quick fix they gave up when they realized it might take more than a cup of tea a day.

Hahahahaha! You mean, not only did they not choose an evidence-based weight loss plan, they didn't stick to the plan they did choose?

People.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Green tea, huh? No wonder, I've been doing it the wrong way all the time. Black. Thanks for clearing things up.