Question about ketosis... does it really help you burn fat faster than CICO?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    CICO guarantees weight loss, but that doesn't mean it'll be fat loss. I'm not saying that keto is any better for that, but the idea that CICO will result in fat loss regardless of the food source is just wrong.

If you eat less than you burn, you're losing fat. You don't have to eat specific foods to lose fat. I ate what I wanted and lost 75 pounds. What did I lose then? All bone and muscle?

Depending on your intake, and starting point, you will lose significant muscle, yes. Ever hear the term "skinny fat"?

Lower weight does not automatically equate to better health. There are lots of skinny diabetics and future heart attack victims out there.

I've lost significant weight as well, and the content of diet is extremely important to body composition. I can be the weight I want to be by eating junk, sure. But it comes at the cost of carrying a higher bf%. I'd rather be authentically healthy by eating real food.

Ah yes, just look at how "skinny fat" @asflatasapancake is. :neutral:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    CICO guarantees weight loss, but that doesn't mean it'll be fat loss. I'm not saying that keto is any better for that, but the idea that CICO will result in fat loss regardless of the food source is just wrong.

If you eat less than you burn, you're losing fat. You don't have to eat specific foods to lose fat. I ate what I wanted and lost 75 pounds. What did I lose then? All bone and muscle?

Depending on your intake, and starting point, you will lose significant muscle, yes. Ever hear the term "skinny fat"?

Lower weight does not automatically equate to better health. There are lots of skinny diabetics and future heart attack victims out there.

I've lost significant weight as well, and the content of diet is extremely important to body composition. I can be the weight I want to be by eating junk, sure. But it comes at the cost of carrying a higher bf%. I'd rather be authentically healthy by eating real food.

Yeah, just look at him, those probably aren't abs but fat deposits.

I wish my fat were shaped like that!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Is protein powder real food?

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Losing weight is primarily ruled by diet.

Body composition is primarily ruled by exercise routine.

Yes, both have an affect on the other, but minimally.