Okay...McDonald's...Yes, No, Sometimes?

Options

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The southwest grilled chicken salad is exactly what literally melted in my refrigerator overnight.

Maybe because you didn't eat it right away and the warm chicken in a lidded container caused condensation that wilted the lettuce?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Did it put you over your calorie target? If not, the worst you might see is some water retention from extra sodium/carbs. If you did, it's just one day, do better tomorrow.

Next time, plan a little bit, have some exercise to earn up some extra calories, or bank calories for a few days. It's ok to have fast food, just doing it frequently makes it harder to keep to your deficit.

It did not put me over for my calorie target. I have also been trying to walk every day so I think today was overall a success and I should not feel so down about having some fast food...I think there are certainly better food choices and with better planing hopefully I can reduce my "need" to eat out.

There ya go. BTW, McD has a southwest grilled chicken salad that's pretty good, and low calories. Not bad if you're out and can't get home for a while.

Nobody really wants that at McDs, though. I get a quarter pounder w cheese sandwich (sometimes a meal).

This is silly. If people didn't want it and order it, they wouldn't keep it on the menu. I get a salad pretty much every time I eat at McDonalds.

Ok, some people want it!
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat fast good either unless I absolutely have to. Like if my little sister wants to go after church and that's what she considers to be our bonding moment. Also, fast food is gross. Tastes great.. but yeh.
  • 3bambi3
    Options
    I don't really eat fast good either unless I absolutely have to. Like if my little sister wants to go after church and that's what she considers to be our bonding moment. Also, fast food is gross. Tastes great.. but yeh.

How is it gross?
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Did it put you over your calorie target? If not, the worst you might see is some water retention from extra sodium/carbs. If you did, it's just one day, do better tomorrow.

Next time, plan a little bit, have some exercise to earn up some extra calories, or bank calories for a few days. It's ok to have fast food, just doing it frequently makes it harder to keep to your deficit.

It did not put me over for my calorie target. I have also been trying to walk every day so I think today was overall a success and I should not feel so down about having some fast food...I think there are certainly better food choices and with better planing hopefully I can reduce my "need" to eat out.

There ya go. BTW, McD has a southwest grilled chicken salad that's pretty good, and low calories. Not bad if you're out and can't get home for a while.

Nobody really wants that at McDs, though. I get a quarter pounder w cheese sandwich (sometimes a meal).

LOL, if I've got the calories, I'd go for the QPwC, too. But, in a pinch, the salad isn't bad, and decent macros. I've never tried holding it to the next day, so I can't comment on that.

I'll try to remember that next time :) Sometimes I'm there when I really don't want to be.

(I have an older family member who sometimes only wants McD's. It's important that they eat, period, so I go along with it. But then they won't eat their cheeseburger unless I have something like that too... I'll try to see if I can sell them / myself that salad next time :) )
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Kid's meals are the best! I cannot give up Mcdonald's and lose weight there is no way it would happen. I would just be miserable.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If I can fit it in,sure why not. Though I usually just have a mcchicken sandwich.They are my favorite,not a fan of the fries.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    The southwest grilled chicken salad is exactly what literally melted in my refrigerator overnight.

Maybe because you didn't eat it right away and the warm chicken in a lidded container caused condensation that wilted the lettuce?

Nope, the lettuce wasn't wilted. It was liquid. The ride home was enough to cool the chicken.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

LOL, if I've got the calories, I'd go for the QPwC, too. But, in a pinch, the salad isn't bad, and decent macros. I've never tried holding it to the next day, so I can't comment on that.

I'll try to remember that next time :) Sometimes I'm there when I really don't want to be.

(I have an older family member who sometimes only wants McD's. It's important that they eat, period, so I go along with it. But then they won't eat their cheeseburger unless I have something like that too... I'll try to see if I can sell them / myself that salad next time :) )

Hmmm...that's just not fair. "I want to go out, but you must eat what I'm eating"? The things we do for family.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make it fit into your allotment and ANYTHING goes!
  • tomatoey
    Options

Hmmm...that's just not fair. "I want to go out, but you must eat what I'm eating"? The things we do for family.

Well, yes. It's ok. It's worth it.
  • 3bambi3
    Options

Get the grilled chicken sandwich? 350cal, 9gF, 42C, 28P. Not so bad. Or the snack wraps are lower calorie as well.
  • tomatoey
    Options

Get the grilled chicken sandwich? 350cal, 9gF, 42C, 28P. Not so bad. Or the snack wraps are lower calorie as well.

That's a great rec, thanks! Maybe I can sneak it past him :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    As frequently as I want it and can make it fit my calories for the day.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I get a total of about 3 minutes for lunch most days when I need to eat at work, so I get McDonald's pretty often and eat it on the run. Usually just something like a mcdouble and a diet coke. I don't like the fries so I don't waste my calories on them. I get a meal for 350-450 calories which keeps me satiated until dinner. Works for me and I've lost 40+ lbs doing it.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds is one of two options I can get for my lunch at work (I only work hours that I get lunch with 2-3 times a week) and usually get apple slices (15cals) and either a parfait (150) or side salad (with ranch about 120). Maybe get a gogurt if you want.
    Their pies and sundaes aren't horribly calorific, and I'm not familiar with their meat menu, but side options are always a good option at any fast food place.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If calories are all you care about, the McNuggets are not bad on calories. So, you get your fix of greasy junk food for not too many calories. (That's without fries, shakes, etc.)
  • rayoflight1978
    rayoflight1978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food now once a week for my cheat meal. I work it into my calories for the day, log it and move on. Today I ate 2 grilled chicken sandwhiches from chick fil a. Last week it was a big mac from mcdonald's. Having a cheat meal once a week keeps me sane and gives me something to look forward to. If I get a craving during the week for fast food I just tell myself I can have it on Friday. So far this has been working for me.....
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Nope, the first thing I gave up was fast food. I could eat it now if I wanted but its just not worth the calories. I would need to spend 2hrs on the treadmill to burn off that burger, no thanks. Back while I was losing I had a goal and a date that I needed to reach that goal by. There was no room for things that did not align with that goal. You can have and do whatever you like but if you are serious about losing weight and starting a healthy life then you should align the majority of your decisions with that goal. Yep you can have McDonalds today but you cannot have McD today, Pizza Hut tomorrow, birthday cake the next, Dairy Queen after that, and potato chips and icecream every snack and think you will reach your goal anytime in the near future. You gained weight by giving in to your wants and you will only lose weight when you say No to treats twice as often as you used to say Yes.